• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

To Peter...

Josky

Reaction score
I'm speaking now, Peter and Lionhead in general, in your direction: DROP THE KINECT. The Kinect is horrible, any respectable gamer knows that. Fable: The Journey may or may not have potential, who knows? We can't just go by what we've seen. But if you've been reading the forums, you'd see that Journey has gotten a poor reception. Why? Partially because it looked like it was "on rails", but mostly because it's a Kinect exclusive. And, as mentioned before, the Kinect is tragically awful. It has nothing to do with laziness, for most of us: the problem here is that your entire living room would need to be rearranged, with a space of about three and a half meters around to wave your arms like an idiot at hobbes, hollow men, and (there would be sooo much raging due to constant deaths) balverines, not to mention the price of the wanna-be Wii. Let's keep Fable, Fable. Let's keep the theme of a young man/woman discovering their Heroic roots, of Theresa the omnipotent Seeress guiding you to your goal. Not like in Journey, where, as I've read, Theresa has lost her powers. And not where you're playing a Dweller. And "making a Hero" doesn't seem very promising. Let's try something else: perhaps bring together every Hero in the world, Heroes of Strength (Saker), Skill (Reaver), Will (maybe Garth), and whatever classification the Heroes of Bowerstone and Brightwall were. Perhaps look into the Void, home of Jack/Queen/Knight of Blades a little further? The choice is yours, but remember this: it's better to accomplish actions with simple finger motions than swinging your arms like windmills. And if not, then at least bring back Sabine. Or use Till Lindemann as a voice actor for white balverines.
I pray you read this and consider, before the game is released and Fable dies.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Give it up, my friend.

Peter/Lionhead wouldn't listen to their communities before, don't expect them to do so now with their current plans.

Josky

Reaction score
I wasn't expecting them to listen, really.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I honestly haven't heard one good comment about the Journey. So many good games are coming out this upcoming year I'm not as concerned as I would be. After playing Fable 3...maybe this is a good thing for Lionhead :/

Josky

Reaction score
I hope Fable IV can make up for Journey's fail. I really do. But what good games are you looking forward to? The only games I'm looking forward to are Halo: Anniversary in 2011, Halo 4 in 2012, and Left 4 Dead 3, if it's confirmed.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
I'm actually looking forward to it. If only to get more Fable :(

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
But what good games are you looking forward to? The only games I'm looking forward to are Halo: Anniversary in 2011, Halo 4 in 2012, and Left 4 Dead 3, if it's confirmed.

Elder Scrolls Skyrim
Battlefield 3
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Assassins Creed Revelations
Gears of War 3
RAGE
Fifa 12
Batman Arkham City
Mass Effect 3 (2012)
Saints Row The Third
Dead Island (maybe)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (maybe)
The Darkness 2
WWE 12
Halo Anniversary
Halo 4 (2012)

To name but a few....

Lionheart

Reaction score
I don't have a Kinect, nor does this make me want to buy one. I think Lionhead dropped the ball with this one. That or Microsoft have forced them into it as part of their exclusivity deal.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Sure, most of us don't see the point in major games getting "kinected" (I hear Mass Effect 3, among a few other upcoming games, will have kinect features). But its not like Lionhead are making Fable IV a kinect game, right? If anything, I think the Journey is more like an experiment for Lionhead. They also want to make sure all that research put into the infamous "Project Milo and Kate" doesn't go to waste.

I hope Fable IV can make up for Journey's fail. I really do.

We shouldn't be counting the chicks before they hatch, right? Its still many months from coming out, and you guys already feel its gonna fail. Remember what we did for Fable III? We thought it was going to be an awesome game, but it left most of us disappointed (Personally, I found it nice, but it got boring quickly). What if, Lionhead does an excellent job with The Journey?

I don't have a Kinect, nor does this make me want to buy one. I think Lionhead dropped the ball with this one. That or Microsoft have forced them into it as part of their exclusivity deal.

You guys shouldn't be too bothered with the fact that this game is a kinect exclusive. You're not gonna miss much. The Journey isn't part of the main Fable storyline, so you can go from Fable III to Fable IV perfectly well without playing The Journey. Honestly, I think The Journey is more like a showcase of Albion's rural landscapes. You're not going to meet anyone important (or anyone at all, except Theresa), you're not going to do side-quests that hold lots of easter eggs, and you're not going to do much but whip your horse and throw magic at some enemies. You're going to go from point A to point B, with no detours.

Lionheart

Reaction score
You guys shouldn't be too bothered with the fact that this game is a kinect exclusive. You're not gonna miss much. The Journey isn't part of the main Fable storyline, so you can go from Fable III to Fable IV perfectly well without playing The Journey. Honestly, I think The Journey is more like a showcase of Albion's rural landscapes. You're not going to meet anyone important (or anyone at all, except Theresa), you're not going to do side-quests that hold lots of easter eggs, and you're not going to do much but whip your horse and throw magic at some enemies. You're going to go from point A to point B, with no detours.

Which begs the question, what is the point of the game?

It doesn't sound fun at all to me. Whip horse, watch screen, arrive at point A, wave arms to kill monsters, whip horse, arrive at point B.

Rinse & repeat.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Which begs the question, what is the point of the game?

It doesn't sound fun at all to me. Whip horse, watch screen, arrive at point A, wave arms to kill monsters, whip horse, arrive at point B.

Rinse & repeat.
Make money out of it. Not even being sarcastic here.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
If I had Kinect, Might drop some money on it to get my brothers something to do, and to get some more Fable mythos going on. But, really, I miss the formula Fable and TLC used. They felt like they had consequence, and I felt like if I killed a whole village, It was done. Not in Fable 2/3 where everything is cut in stone and very few of your actions change anything. Mass Effect has nailed the idea, just not the "your choices make you" thing Fable has been known for. Dumbing it down has made me lose a lot of interest, and honestly, Fable feels like it's dragging its heels rather than revolutionizing. I'll wait and read a few reviews, I do want to hold out hope it will be a fun game, just not a Fable type of game. I consider Fable, TLC, And a large majority of my experience in 3 to be awesome though. Maybe Journey'll be worth checking out.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
All the more, I still think they're looking for a way to make use of that kinect research they did for "Project Milo and Kate"... This is their compromise....

At least its a "sitting" kinect game...

RawrSaidTheSock

Professional Reaverphile
Reaction score
If they make Fable 4 only for Kinect I'm going to actually find Peter Monyleux (if that's how spell his name :S) and punch him in the face. I really upsets me to see Fable going downhill, if Lionhead actually listened to what thier fans wanted then it would really help them out.

gamer 117

Reaction score
journey (doesn't feel right to call it fable for because of how bad it look) might just be there idea of make a fable arcade game ( you look at most kinect games NONE of them so far have a certain storyline) but if this is anything but a arcade game the from our first look this game is soo bad that i bet that every body on this forum could probably make a better storyline for a fable game

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
journey (doesn't feel right to call it fable for because of how bad it look) might just be there idea of make a fable arcade game ( you look at most kinect games NONE of them so far have a certain storyline) but if this is anything but a arcade game the from our first look this game is soo bad that i bet that every body on this forum could probably make a better storyline for a fable game

Hmmm... You might make sense there with Journey being an arcade game. Well, it won't be tied in with the Main Fable series, and the most important things you need to know about it is that its a kinect game, and Theresa loses her powers.

If they make Fable 4 only for Kinect I'm going to actually find Peter Monyleux (if that's how spell his name :S) and punch him in the face.

Definitely, with the "awesome" reception Journey is getting merely for being a kinect game, Lionhead will make sure Fable 4 ISN'T a kinect exclusive. More than likely, they'll label it "Better with Kinect" like what's happening to the upcoming Forza, and Mass Effect 3, among others.

Peter Monyleux (if that's how spell his name :S)

Like how his name has "Money" in it...

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
Definitely, with the "awesome" reception Journey is getting merely for being a kinect game, Lionhead will make sure Fable 4 ISN'T a kinect exclusive.

If you believe they'll listen to their fans about something as important as that, You don't know PM or Fable.

If they want to make it Kinect Exclusive, they will, no matter what anyone says.