• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Translation mess ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flamingsquirrel

Translation mess ups

AltaVista - Babel Fish Translation

write a phrase in english, then translate it to a differnt laungauge, then back to english. tell us what language you used

English:
why is this so weird, i mean come on, this translatoin sucks

Portuguess:
porque é este assim estranho, eu significo aproximado, este translatoin sugo

English:
because he is this thus strange, I mean approach, this translatoin I suck

F

flamingsquirrel

Re: Translatoin mess ups

English:
write a phrase in english, then translate it to a differnt laungauge, then back to english. tell us what language you used

Dutch:
schrijf een uitdrukking in het Engels, dan vertaal het aan een differnt laungauge, dan terug naar het Engels vertellen ons welke taal u gebruikte

English:
write back an expression in English, then it translates to differnt laungauge, then towards English telling us which language used you

L

LionHeadTex

English:
Now I know why the caged bird sings
Translations of it:
Dutch:
Nu weet ik waarom de gekooide vogel zingt
Russian:
теперь я знаю почему проарретированная птица пеет
Korean:
감금한 새가 노래하는 까 왜 지금 나는 있있다
Greek:
τώρα ξέρω γιατί το εγκλωβισμένο πουλί τραγουδά
Italian:
ora so perchè l'uccello messo in gabbia canta
German:
jetzt weiß ich, warum der eingesperrte Vogel singt
L33t:
N0w 1 kN0W why +H3 cA9Ed BIrd 5INg5

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Thats just odd lol!

F

flamingsquirrel

Re: Translation mess ups

no no no, see, you translate it into say, russian (english to russian) then translate it from russain back to english (russain to english)
EG:

English:
Now I know why the caged bird sings

Russian:
Теперь я знаю почему проарретированная птица пеет

English:
Now I know why the proarretirovannaya bird it peyet

F

flamingsquirrel

English:
Jack of Blades killed my mother, then i killed him, and my sister, just to get a sword. But i already had a better sword, the Solus Great sword. Then I got to kill Thunder, that Rose lady, and the Guild Master. It was fun!

German:
Jack der Blätter tötete meine Mutter, dann tötete ich ihn und meine Schwester, um eine Klinge gerade zu erhalten. Aber ich hatte bereits eine bessere Klinge, die Solus große Klinge. Dann erhielt ich, Donner, diese Rose Dame und den Zünft-Meister zu töten. Es war Spaß!

English:
Jack of the sheets killed my nut/mother, then I killed him and my sister, in order to receive a blade straight. But I had already a better blade, the Solus large blade. Then received I, thunder, to kill this rose lady and the Zuenft master. It was fun!

L

LionHeadTex

Oh ok
English:
With experience comes advancement and physical change, whether it be expanding muscles, a keen eye and nimble form, or the buzz of magical energies around your finger tips. As you develop your alter ego, the world reacts to you and your actions. People comment on your successes and failures, your appearance, and your behavior.

German:
Mit Erfahrung kommt Zuführung und körperliche Änderung, ob sie Muskeln, ein scharfes Auge und flinke Form erweitert, oder das Summen der magischen Energie um Ihren Finger neigt. Wie Sie Ihr entwickeln, alter ego, reagiert die Welt zu Ihnen und zu Ihren Tätigkeiten. Bevölkeren Sie Anmerkung zu Ihren Erfolgen und Ausfälle, Ihr Aussehen und Ihr Verhalten.

Back Again:
With experience comes advancement and physical CHANGES, more whether it expanding muscles, A keen eye and nimble form, or the buzz OF mag energies around your finger tip. As you develop your oler ego, the world reacts tons you and your act ion. People COMMENT on your successes and failure, your appearance, an your behav.

F

flamingsquirrel

^^^
wow, that was almost perfect

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Haha, this must be the exact same tool they used to translate Zero Wing.
If you do not know what that is, it is the name of the game with the very dodgy translation from Japanese to English, with the very famous line: All your base are belong to us.

:D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;20333 said:
Haha, this must be the exact same tool they used to translate Zero Wing.
If you do not know what that is, it is the name of the game with the very dodgy translation from Japanese to English, with the very famous line: All your base are belong to us.

:D

Who can forget that!? :lol:

F

flamingsquirrel

lol, that was funny, i tired it though, it wasn't "all your bases are belong to us"

just like "there is no spoon"

"there is no spoon, there is no spoon...CRAP! i just soup all over my pants!"

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

Italian:Ciò è la mia traduzione
English:This is my translation

Status
Not open for further replies.