• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

tresspassing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjamin412

Reaction score
me and my freind are buisness partners, and we bought the blacksmith shop in fable 3. everytime we go in a guard comes and says we are tresspassing. i bought the shop and i get fined for tresspassing the sign outside the door even says i own it. what do i do?

Pink

Reaction score
I get that too, it seems like when you go in in the middle of the night no matter what it's trespassing. Just go in when it's open

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
This happened to me, like a fool I thought I had free reign like in F2 to gold and items, I took potions from a shop in mourningwood then I hear;

"Stop thief! The queen's nothing more thnn a common criminal!"

I laughed and got annoyed, then quickly left the premises.

UnholyKing

UnholyKing
Reaction score
yah it happen 2 me i got ****ed off every time that happen i kill them

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Just think of it like, you are landlord of the shop but the shopkeeper is renting it from you so he owns the contents so you'd be sort of stealing from him. It makes this whole thing make more sense if you think of it like that.

UnholyKing

UnholyKing
Reaction score
no we own it we da king or queen so we owm all of albon

Faedil

Reaction score
kings/queens dont "own" all of their country....thats like saying the Queen of England can go into any store and take anything she wants. Royalty still has to pay for things they want, and the Fable games supposedly try to be realistic. queenofdisco is right, try to think of it as you own the BUILDING, but not the BUSINESS and the trespassing thing makes perfect sense.

enactment11

Chicken Rebel
Reaction score
I think of it as they're paying us rent instead of actual profits. Cos if they're paying us profits, we should get money for spending money and that wouldnt make much sense. =P

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
try to think of it as you own the BUILDING, but not the BUSINESS and the trespassing thing makes perfect sense.
exactly, it's your building, you are allowing them to work on your property so trespassing doesn't make sense, being called a thief however does make sense

demondeath71

Reaction score
Well you own the building but they own the shop. It is like a strip mall, if you own the building but rent each individual shop you still own the building but you cannot simply walk in all the shops and steal from the cash register because you own the building the shop is in.

Also it is considered trespassing if you are in the shop during non open hours or if you already beat the game and, well not to spoil it, the shop keeper is no longer there, at all times.

Shopkeepers must be in the shop, and open for you to not be trespassing. If from some outside circumstance the shopkeeper is not there, whether it be at night or lets say the boogie man got him, you will be trespassing.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
Well you own the building but they own the shop.
yes, you own the building and they own whatever they put there. If you rent a building to someone and you leave, for example, a wardrobe then they are free to use the building and the wardrobe but you can still walk in and take the wardrobe (well legally, but not morally), just not anything the tennent might be storing in it

UnholyKing

UnholyKing
Reaction score
ok now thanks i understand now so we cant sleep but when we king or queen is it stll call that

Kahindes

Reaction score
This happened to me too. I wonder if it's the same with houses? I remember getting fined for tresspassing when I went into a house that I owned but rented out. I was just trying to redecorate, I guess in real life a landlord would get charged for entering a house with tenants in the middle of the night, even if they do own the land and the house. But, come on, this is a video game. It should be alright for the developers to let us have a little freedom over small technicalities like that, even if it is unrealistic. And you can work as a Blacksmith in the Blacksmithing shop, you are as apart of the business as you are the owner of the building. Technically, if you run it and own it and run the business I guess you could come in at whatever time you wanted.

UnholyKing

UnholyKing
Reaction score
yah i know it mass up but da fun thing is u can kill them and not be fined when ur king

Status
Not open for further replies.