• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tri-Lords

G

geodude111

Tri-Lords

(Note:In this story Strenght is Red, Will is Blue and Skill is yellow)

The Tri-Lords

The Hero was stood on his balcony overlooking Bowerstone, the sky was clear and the sun was out, it was a beautiful day yet the hero was anxious and worried. The Hero, or Chosen One had managed bring crime to an all time low. All bandit groups had been disperced, hobbes were rarely seen and hollow men remained in the ground which is were they should always remain. The Temple of Shadows was still around, but barely, there numbers were very few, all there attempts to destroy the Golden Oak had been thwarted. What the Hero was focusing on right now was causing him real trouble, Bloodstone. He had been trying for a while now to make Bloodstone a better place, without Barnums help he was finding it very difficult. He had sent some of his most talented men to work from Bowerstone manor, but twice they all had to flee down Reavers Rear Passage. He was trying to think of a new way to approach the matter but he couldn't focus clearly on this. The real reason he was worried and anxious was thay his wife Lady Shayara was going through childbirth.

7 Hours Later

The Hero was sat by his desk silent. the only light came from the one candle. Triplets, three beautiful babies, two boys and one girl. And just by looking at them he could tell the Archon Bloodline ran thich through there vains, there was just one small difference due to the fact there are triplets. The Archon Blood has spilt three ways. His first son was larger than the other two and had fiery red hair, tanned skin and deep brown eyes. He had named him Flint due to his hair colour. His second child, the girl had brown hair, tanned skin and her eyes were a shade of amber, practically yellow. He named her Amber, obviosly becasue of her eyes. Finally the third born son, he had the most striking features of all, the little baby had pure white hair, and his eyes, his eyes were the most icey blue eyes he had ever seen. He named this little boy Pyre. Flint was now the incarnation of Strength, Amber of Skill and Pyre of Will. He arranged a gift for each of them for when they would begin there training as heroes, as is traditional for heroes, he had also made plans for there education. The Hero wanted each of his children to devolop different personalities but he also new, thanks to his Royal Scholar that the children we be at there strongest together, not seperated. The Hero was so locked in his own thoughts and grief he didn't notice his door silently open.

G

geodude111

Re: Tri-Lords

The Next Chapter

The alarm bells boomed all through Bowerstone, guards charged through the streets, lightning light up the black sky and the relentless rain pelted anyone foolish enough to be outside. The Chosen One had been assasinated, his killer had got in and out of the castle unseen by anyone. There was a million gold rewards for anyone who found the killer, dead or alive.
Inside the castle the most powerful noblemen and women argued about what to do.
"The public don't need to know!" shouted one man.
"Don't be ridiculous, how can they not notice!" yelled another.
"They need to know!" boomed a voice, immediatly the crowd fell silent, the sorice of the voice came from an old man, it looked unbelievable. "He was, after all the people's hero," he wore green and gold robes and round silver glasses. His long wooden walking stick tapped on the stone floor. "My idea is simple, we let the public know the hero is dead, and also tell them of how Lady Shayara died in childbirth, we simple leave out the fact the triplets survived. The children must leave Bowerstone, we don't know who the assasin is or where he or she is, we give the babies to willing families, and.... for sentimental reasons we should take them to be raised in places the hero has greatly effected. We shall send the first son to Oakfield, obviosly for the Heroes work with the temple of light. Luckily I have some reletives down there who would be happy to take him in. The girl, we shall send to Bowerlake Gypsy Camp, there the chosen one was raised and healed so I think they'll be happy to take his daughter under there wing, and finally the third born will be raised in Westcliffe with my nephew and his wife. That is were the hero beat all Crucible records. Any problems?"
Most of the crowd just stood there gawping at the old mans wisdom and forward thinking but one man said, "Why don't we keep the Triplets together, surely it would be better for them?" a few people nodded agreeingly.
"Well thats simple," said the scholar sounding slightly bored, "if an assasin followed the triplets he could kill them all, keeping them apart means it will be much harder to kill all of them." The crowd just stood there, silent. "Well don't just stand there, get out of here, go,Go!"

That night three hooded horsemen galloped out of the city each going along different routes.

G

geodude111

Chapter 3

13 Years Later

Pyre was sat on the stool tending to his fathers pie stall. Luckily he was sat under the canvas. Business was not great today, his head was rolled back as he gazed up into nothingness. He had been made to watch the stall untill his father came back from the pub. He had nothing to do, no one was around, most stalls were empty. Pyre slipped off both his gloves and rubbed his hands together, suddenly a small flame burned into existence, a few seconds later it dissapeared. Pyre had always been able to make small flames and sparks. He could do it from when he was very young. Somehow he had managed to keep both his parents in the dark, so no one knew his secret. Over the last couple of months his abilities have gotten stronger and more dangerous, he was able to shatter one of the wooden walls protecting the camp and one time his flame got out of control and it actually melted his iron dagger. His thoughts were suddenly interupted.
"Excuse me?"
Pyre quickly looked up and saw a gypsy trader.
"Uh....can I help you?" Pyre said.
"Yeah, you wouldn't happen to now and Edward Mason, would you? I'm a trader and I've heard of him and came all this way from Bower Lake to do business with him." the gypsy said with a oriud smile.
"Edward Mason, well he's my father!"
"Well Marvelous! Would it be possible that you could take me to him, I'd be very grateful?"
"He's just at the pub and probably won't be long."
"Very well, I guess I'll wait here for his return, so how much for a slice of warm apple pie?"....

Pyre discovered the gyspy trader was called Rye, Rye Maples.
"....I have a daughter you know, names Amber, she's about the same age as you, I wanted to teach her how to make and trade pies, but she wants to travel, she wants to explore, she has a great skill though, she's a super runner, natural gymnast and very quick with a blade but most of all her skill with the gun, she can knock a sparrows head of 500 metres away! What about you, got any particular talents or interests?"
"Me?.... Well um...." he wanted to say he could shatter rocks and throw fireballs but "well I like history.... and reading...."
Rye looked at him strangley for a second then finally he father showed up, he said goodbye to Rye and began to walk up to his house, two days before his thirteenth birthday.

G

geodude111

Chapter 4

Pyre got up early and traveled down to the beach, there he begun his training session, he threw fireballs in every direction, he arced lightning around his body and made magical blades weave there deadly dance. After around an hour the town bell rung symbolising that everyone should get up. Pyre sat down on a large rock and rolled up his sleeves, along both his arms there were throbbing ble veins. These had been worrying Pyre for a while now, he knew they were will lines but he didn't no if he should tell anyone, he thought it was best to keep them secret.

Walking back up to the camp, Pyre took a detour to have a look at the crucible. He gazed up at the steps wondering if he could ever be a crucible champion, he knew he was just thinking like a little child. Suddenly Pyre heard a low growling sound which turned into a roar, he turned right just before the crucible steps and saw five men struggling with a rock troll, each one was holding a rope that was attached to the troll and where trying to pull it into the creatures entrance to the crucible. They were yelling and obvisosly working as hard they could. The troll wouldn't budge. Then the troll pulled back with all its might and the five men ran off inside.
The troll growled at the arch for a while and when no one returned he turned his gaze to Pyre. Pyre new that running would spark of its anger so he was stuck, plucking up all his courage he raised his hand.
" Hey there big guy," he said walking very slowly towards it, the troll grumbled as if slightly confused. Pyre was getting close, now, he could feel its warm breath on his face. "Your very strong aren't you," the troll lowered its head to Pyre's, the deep purple eyes of the troll were deep and mysterios, "Whats your name big guy, whats your name?" and when Pyres hand finally touched the stoney face a single word spoke clearly in his head, " NOM " and suddenly a bond was made, a deep bond of the soul, between Pyre and Nom.

Amber was sat high up in the tree on top of the gyspy camp lookout bridge. Her eyes which were stronger than any normal human gazed over the landscape, there a man with a large backpack on with dark skin was strolling aloung the paths whistling to himself, Amber cried out "open the gates!" and then she nimbly jumped down the tree in one leap and sprinted out the camp to embrace her father, " Heh Heh ! Who's gonna be a big girl tommorrow eh?" She held her father tightly for another moment and then they walked back ti the fire together, just as her father was about to roast a chicken the alarm bells start ringing, the gates were bashed open in a huge expolsion and bandits poured in.

The bandits were all well equipped, they each wore black leather armour with a symbol of a skull with a black blade going through the jaw. Women immediatly began screaming and scooping up children and running to the caravans, Amber immediatly leaped up and pulled out her to pistols and starting firing, guards immediatly joined the battle, but the bandits far out numbered them. Not one of Ambers shots missed, many bandits weapons were knocked out of there hands and many lost there heads, there seemed to be no leader, Amber ran straight into the fight without a moments hesitation, she was impossible to hit, she ran up a vertical tree and halway up she pushed of with he legs flipping round in mid air shooting bandits she landed perfectly, on another bandit instantly snapping his neck. There were still so many, as Amber turned she caught a bandit charging up towards her row of caverans with a pistol and a flaming torch, she leapt after him and as running took a shot as his head, the bandit kept going, how was that possible? The bandits pace quickened and he began to laugh mockingly. The bandit was at her caravan, he quickly threw the torch at it and it quickly burst into flames.
"YOU BASTARD!" and out from hiding burst Ambers father Rye, the bandit quickly turned and shot him in the gut, then a scream and five shots in the bandits head and he fell. "FATHER!" screamed Amber.
".......Am....ber....go..na...giv...ya......................th..is tomm..orrrr.ow...tak..it.." he said slowly and very quietly.
"Oh Father, I'm sorry, I'll get help!" said Amber holding back tears.
" NO......................pro..mise...tak...it."
"Father!"
"Promise....."
"I swear it father anything you want." Amber was sobbing now.
He very slowly handed her a piece of crumpled up paper, Amber unfolded it and it showed a map of the Gypsy Camp, and behind her caravan was a large red X. "Father what is this?"
There was no reply.

Still crying and still aware of the sounds of fighting Amber took the spade and began to dig in the spot on the map, tears rolled down her cheeks. Soon the spade jabbed against something hard, and she pulled out a small chest, the chest opened easily and in it were three things, a notebook filled with notes, a beatiful pistol that glistened with silver and gold, but what fansinated her the most was a seal with a weird symbol.
" You stupid little girl!" came a weasing voice from behind her she turned quickly to see the same bandit who killed he father and who she had shot six times in the head walking towards her with a dagger, his entire body dripped with black blood. Then his outer body shattered and fell apart to reveal and large shadow man, his eyes glowed red as he walked towards Amber. She gasped in fear and gripped the seal as tightly as she could, then all she saw was a bright blue light.

fable freak 37

Halo 3 Addict
Reaction score

NICE story!
there are some typos though.
but still rep worthy.

Fairfax King

Reaction score

amazing story :D shame it isnt finished... :(

i gave rep for evey post you did :D

G

geodude111

Chapter 5

Flint was in the woods near Echoe mine, he swung his axe rythmicly towards the tree, in three swings the tree fell down, then it would be taken to a lumbermill and cut into smaller pices then carpenters would buy it and cut it and carve it, he had already felled nine tree's and it was almost midday. He tucked his axe to his back and wiped his forehead. He was only thirteen yet bigger than most men in the village. Flint had pure red hair and deep brown eyes, he was very tall and well built, he was also extremly strong. He was good friends with all the villagers and slightly feared by some. He had been able to work for a long time due to his strength. He also head lessons with the monks of the temple of light but never actually became one.
Flint strolled down the sunny path toward the Sandgoose. As he entered men slapped him on the back and greated him warmly. He was sittng down to drink some water when a red faced monk charged through the doors screaming, "Pirates, PIRATES!!! THREE SHIPS PIRATES!!!"
There was a few seconds of silence and then all the man jumped up and pulled out there guns and knives, the barmaids started screaming and Flint jumbed up and drew his axe and joined the large group of men charging down to the beach. By the time he got there the pirates had already landed on shore, each one was wearing black leather with a symbol of a skull with a blade going through the jaw. Flint charged forward and swung his axe, he killed three men with a single swipe, but the fourth one he hit bodies just shattered and became a huge shadow which formed and flowed into a shadow balverine, it snarled, its red eyes glowed with hunger, it leaped at Flint but just before it a bright blue light flashed into existence blinding Flint, there was a raor of pain from the shadow and a quick high pitched yelp from someone else. Flint shook his head a quickly jumped to his feet, the balverine was stagerring around obviosly blind. But where the light once was there lay a girl sprawled on the ground, she slowly shook her head and tried to get up. when she failed Flint immediatly helped her and the began to limp to the temple of light.

When they reached it Brother Thomas helped the girl sit down and gave her some water, Flint explained what has happened and Brother Thomas just looked strangely at the girl.
"What is your name child?" he said kindly.
"Amber." she said looking up, Brother Thomas gasped and Flints eyes widened as they saw the true colour of her eyes. The iris was golden yellow.
"Your one of the Triplets!"he gasped, then he looked over to flint and said,"Flint I would like you to meet your sister, Amber!"
Flint gasped and uttered something under his breath." WHAT, this is a joke right?" he said trying to calm down. "Even Amber jumped up then fell down on her leg, "What!"
" Your father seperated you at birth so you would be safe."
" So who was our father? and you said triplets?" said Amber
Flint was pacing up and down the temple quickly.
"Yes, Yes you have another brother, I am unaware of his name but he's will."
"His names will?" asked Amber
"Oh no!, don't you see, the heroic paths, you are skill, Flint here is stength and your brother is will. I'll temeport you to Westcliffe. He lives there I believe."
"No!" said Flint for the first time,"What about the other men?"
"There are more guards coming and we have the power of the light we will be fine."
Before Flint could reply the monk muttered some words and there was a blue flash of light.

G

geodude111

Chapter 6

There was a sickening jolt as Amber and Flint landed, she staggered up immediatley, the rain lashed was lashing against them and she still could see because of the bright blue light. All she could hear was the powerful wind. She was aware of Flint getting up and saying "where are we?". They stood there for a few seconds more before everything came into view. Westcliffe was burning!
Huge masses of shadow leapt about ribbing human flesh of bone, then destroyed anything that moved. Amber immediatly took out her new pistol and Flint drew his axe. They were about to find shelter in a house or caravan when a voice wrung out. "FLEE YOU COWARDLY INSECTS! FLEE FROM THE MIGHT OF THE SHADOW MISTRESS! SECOND TO NONE OTHER THAN THE SHADOWHAND HIMSELF!" and then on the rooftops they saw a beautiful woman, her long black hair and jet black dress blew wildly around her. Her skin was pale and she was tall and slim, her eyes were deep purple. She leapt from building to building shooting dark purple flames and green lightning from her hands, slaughtering countless innocents. "KNOW THAT.." she was about to continue when another voice louder and powerfully than hers shouted out. "NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!" and the building next to the inn suddenly exploded outwards and saw swept up in a huge vortex. And there in the centre was a boy about the age of thirteen flooting in the middle. His eyes were glowing bright blue and blue will lines trobbed all over his body. Lightning swirled around him.
"I think we've found our brother," mumered Flint. Immediatly the Shadow Mistress vanished into purple flames but the boys attention wasn't directed at her a shadow balverine was hurled out of the vortex and large blast of lightning and flames were blasted into its body. Finally after a long howl of pain the shadow shattered outwards and faded away. The boy wasn't done yet he bagan to fight the other shadows destroying them all with huge shows of will power. A rock troll joined the fight, squishing a throwing the enemies. Soon Flint and Amber joined in.
They fought for an hour or so untill all the shadows were gone. The vortex stopped and the boy floated down and his eyes stopped glowing to reveal there true colour. Flint was about to speak when he said
"My name is Pyre, you are Amber, you are Flint, we are siblings, I know. Our father was The Chosen One, our task is to defeat the ShadowHand. We will go to the Guild Cave and train clear?" he smiled and held out his guild seal, Amber did the same, Flint drew one from his trouser pocket and held it out. The was a flash of blue light.