• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Trial of Heroes

Do you like this tale or not?

• Total voters
F

fierce147

Trial of Heroes

This tale of heroism is written in a play like format. This is just scene one. It is also my first attempt at a story. If it is well liked I am going to submit more.

The Sword Part 1:

Narrator: Once a long time ago there existed a hero, with a sword. It was said that the blade could cut through anything. This hero came to be known as The Hero of Oakvale. Five-hundred years have passed since the time of this hero, and the heroes of the past are mostly seen as fairy tales now.

Narrator: Our tale brings us to a small farming village near Wraithmarshe. The people of this village had recently come under attack of hordes of undead. A group of the strongest villagers are being gathered by the Mayor for a mission to what is believed to be the source of the problems.

Scene 1

Malcolm: So Marcus what do you think the Mayor wants of us anyway?

Marcus: I don't know. Probably some crap about more taxes or something.

Joshua: I heard it has something to do with those hollow men outside the walls. Scary things they are, I heard they work for the Shadow Lord himself.

Malcolm: Yeah, and I bet that the Dark Lord himself is terrorizing our village. Gosh your so dumb Joshua.

Joshua: Yeah well at least I can keep track of all my cattle.

Marcus: Hes got you there Malcolm.

Mayor: Quiet down everyone, quit down. Now as most of you already know there is a mass of hollow men rampaging through our land. I have recruited the help of a mercenary and discovered that the source of these vile beasts seems to be coming from the lost city Oakvale. If this threat is not eliminated our village will surley perish. So I stand here in front of the bravest and strongest men of our village and plead that you help your people in their time of need. Those of you to cowardly to risk their life may leave now in shame. Those of you who are ready to fight for their land may meet me at the front gate.

Malcolm: Whats he talking about.

Joshua: I think he wants us to go to Oakvale and find the source of the Hollow Men.

Malcolm: Is he crazy what happens if the hollow men attack while were gone. Who will protect our families, our land?!

Marcus: I don't know. He makes a point. If we do nothing then we will die.

Malcolm: Yea but mabye we could flee Wraithmarshe. I have an aunt that lives in Bowerstone.

Marcus: Everybody knows we can't do that. We have a reputation to uphold. We are the only farm village left in Wraithmarshe. What happens if we leave.
Everything we fought and bled for is lost. Would you be able to live with yourself if you did that?

Malcolm: I suppose your right. Hey were did Joshua go?

Marcus: I think he ran upfront. You know him always wants to be the hero.

Malcolm: Well go get him. I'm going out and getting our swords meet me by the front gate.

Marcus: Hey Josh lets go!

Joshua: Coming!

End Scene 1

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score
Re: Trial of Heroes

This is quite good, but could you post more at once cause I hatereading a story bit by bit, I prefere to read allot at once.

F

fierce147

Re: Trial of Heroes

Ok thanks for the comment. Next time I submit fan fiction I'll be sure to post more. I'm pretty new to the forum.:wacko: