• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Trick to getting certain legendaries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

llrocker14

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a way to get certain legendary weapons. For instance, do you need to be absolutely evil before getting some of them so we will receive the evil weapons and vice versa for absolute good? I have different files I played but seem to be getting same weapons, doesn't seem random. Just wondering. GT llrocker14.

ForcedDj

Reaction score
I think it matters with the Auroran Demon Door(Moral View/100% good or evil). With 100% good, I got Lamentation and Equalizer. Not sure on the Sanctuary chest and the 50 key chest in the Castle map.

Khalin

Reaction score
If you have a second controller and all 50 Silver Keys, you could keep making new characters on an alternate account, and continuously open the Silver Chest that's in the castle gardens before you talk to Elise at the beginning of the game. It's just an idea of mine, but it might possibly give you ever weapon in the game that you need. I do know it gives random weapons, but I haven't tested this personally. It may have a chance to give you any weapon in the game, or might be limited to a certain selection of weapons to randomize from.

ForcedDj

Reaction score
Last time I tried that with another account I had(named after a friend I have in a different game, she is good in that game), I got the same weapon, every time. Haven't tried another account with another character yet.

m800_runner

If you ain't happy, you ain't livin'
Reaction score
I tried reloading and opening the 50 key chest many many times. it's the same weapon i get. Id imagine it's stuck just like the chest in the santuary

FiliusMartis

Reaction score
From what I understand, the weapons are attached to your gamertag rather than the save file you're playing. It's the same mechanism that was (originally) used with the dolls in Fable II. Furthermore, I'm fairly sure that the weapon locations are created and sorted when you first start the game. Personally, no amount of reloading has ever netted me another weapon at any location. I'll also note that morality has nothing to do with it, in my experience. The Aurora demon door gave me a pretty evil weapon while I was sporting angel wings. Ultimately, it's all to force us to trade... which I really don't understand, to be honest.

ForcedDj

Reaction score
MS wants your money. Thats why. They could have made it so that random weapons appear in the stores each day, but no, it has to be in the whole game.

Khalin

Reaction score
Hm, I see. So they lock certain weapons from chests to your gamertag? It sounds consistent to me since when I was playing coop with my brother and opened this Silver Chest, he got a different weapon than I did, which made me think that I could possibly make a bunch of alt characters on his account and just farm weapons all day.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Hm, I see. So they lock certain weapons from chests to your gamertag? It sounds consistent to me since when I was playing coop with my brother and opened this Silver Chest, he got a different weapon than I did, which made me think that I could possibly make a bunch of alt characters on his account and just farm weapons all day.
The Gamertag thing isn't true, I've got 39 legendary weapons on 1 profile, but through multiple run-throughs. And another gamertag to put them all on the same run-through but what the hell, this isn't CSI

Status
Not open for further replies.