• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

True Crime Hong Kong Revived

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
20320716.jpg
After it was canned by Activision it seemed the series was dead in the water despite the game apparently being all but finished and Activision still owning the rights to the name. However Square Enix have picked up the series and rebranded the new title as Sleeping Dogs. Lee Singleton who is the GM of Square Enix London Studios had the following to say about the game:
From the moment you pick up the controller and experience the blend of driving, close combat and shooting you know you're playing something fresh and a bit special. Sleeping Dogs has one of the best melee combat systems out there - it's super brutal with devastating takedown moves, and when added to UFG's proven heritage in driving games, a first class story and the vibrant backdrop of the Hong Kong underworld we get a fiery recipe with fun written all over it.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Me gusta...

And so I ask why that trailer isn't actually a film? I've never played a True Crime game before (believe it or not), so I've no idea what I should be expecting from this. If it's anything like that trailer though, then count me in.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Me gusta...

And so I ask why that trailer isn't actually a film? I've never played a True Crime game before (believe it or not), so I've no idea what I should be expecting from this. If it's anything like that trailer though, then count me in.

They were always in GTA's shadow and they were pretty average to be honest, fun but nothing groundbreaking. Just never seemed to create that perfect mix of action, hand to hand combat and driving but according to sources this title is looking MUCH better. That announcement trailer could easily be a movie and id watch it. :lol:

United Front Games have a lot of open world experience between them so id hope that this time they can truly create the sort of game they are aiming for. Also with Square Enix on board thats going to help them along with the extra time they have to finish up the game seeing as it was playable from start to finish when it was canned.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Wow the graphics are amazing! :w00t:

I hope its as good as True Crime Streets of LA, I never played the new york one heard it was abit shoite.

But I'm thrilled they've got back into this, even if it has a new name. I'd agree it wasn't consirdered amazing and GTA took the **** out of it, but to be fair I thought it was better than GTA the first time I played it anywho, couldn't get into the controls again the second time. The main thing that attracted me to the original was the idea of being able to fail certain missions and the story adapted, however if you failed to many missions you'd get a really **** ending where you either died or everyone you were meant to save is killed.

And the dragon boss in TC:SOLA made a few people laugh when I told them about it, but I thought it was coooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

Very much looking forward to this, more so than GTA 5.

Thanks for the update draky poops.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I wouldnt compare it to GTA V as it wouldnt be fair as the budgets are poles apart. I didnt play the New York one either and it was meant to be pretty poor however previews before it was canned were positive and they said it was shaping up to be the best yet easily. So if they can re-capture even half of what was shown in the live action trailer in the game I will be pretty happy.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Also through alot of shouting and threatening to burn down google headquarters I have found the song off the trailer.