• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unique NPCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score
Unique NPCs

Aren't all NPCs the same with just minor differences?
Why can't we have NPCs who actually have some unique characteristics? Like Say there would be musician NPCs, and Goth NPCs, sorta like High School Cliques...
But to a higher degree. Like every NPC has pretty much the same preferences. They Either loved me because i was good or ran away from me because i was evil.
Never was there an NPC who liked my characters sword, or pistol. No one liked me because I preferred to use will. No one liked me because i use a hammer instead of an axe. No one liked me because I was evil or corrupt. Or because I dress in a certain way. They all pretty much had that same idea of their favorite man or woman, they all looked the same and wanted the same why can't we have some real difference.
Like certain NPCs wear certain clothes because they like them, certain NPCs like me because I'm evil, and Certain NPcs like the hair I have and the clothes I wear. And Certain NPCs don't like me because I'm good, they don't like my hair, they don't like my clothes and they don't like how I use rifle over a pistol.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score
Re: Unique NPCs

some NPCs prefer certain clothes, hairstyles and places more than others. but they pretty much hate or like different things more than others. i agree but it would take a long time because youd have to program every NPCs reaction to everything.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

No you wouldn't need to program anything. All you need to do is set preferences. Like when NPCs like something they react in a good way and when they dislike they react in a bad way. So all you have to do is set preferences of what they like and dislike. It would work. And Its not just that. I want NPCs to look different. Like wear different clothes and hairstyles. They are all generally the same with minor differences. Like they can easily make it that NPC models are simply like the hero model except with different faces and physical features and then vary the clothing and hairstyles among them.

Mr. Jacob

Reaction score

Thats a really good idea. I hated how in Fable 2 every single person fell in love with the Noble clothes.

josh

Zreekz
Reaction score

That would be a very good idea, I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.