• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Unreal Tournament 4

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Reaction score
It was time someone opened this thread.

Yeah I know it's just called "Unreal Tournament" but I put a 4 not to get confused.

So, the king of Arena FPS is back! It's an interesting experiment of open development, where players can actively help in the dev process, by suggesting game modes, gameplay features, balance adjustments, and even actually contribute in developing the game in the technical aspects.

https://www.unrealtournament.com/blog

unreal_tournament__2015__by_pooterman-d8ngmcp.png

It's currently in its pre-Alpha state with only a couple maps fully textured (the other are playable but with basic textures), but it's looking very promising already and if you click on the link above, you'll be able to download the latest build and try it out for free. Notice that the final product will be free too.

Whoever wants to play it with me, you're welcome! Game is incredibly stable despite being an Alpha, and is not system intense at all. Everybody's PC should be able to run it.

Here's the newly released trailer for the pre-Alpha season:

unreal-tournament-2015-08-1538x865.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Precipice

Reaction score
I know that if I ever start playing UT again no one will hear from me again. I will die of dehydration on the fourth day. I don't know if there is another game that can hold my attention quite as well.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
My lappy won't be able to run it. It ticks all the crosses except the GPU. Stupid Intel HD herp derp. Bane of my life.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Reaction score
My lappy won't be able to run it. It ticks all the crosses except the GPU. Stupid Intel HD herp derp. Bane of my life.

Ouch. You could still try though, lowering the video settings. I remember I thought I couldn't run F.E.A.R. on my laptop's Intel GPU back in the days, but turned out I could.

Don't always take the requirements as gold.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Looks pretty awesome, those specs are surprisingly flexible given them visuals. And the final product is going to be free? Hm, wonder why that is.

I'll try it out when I get a chance and see how it goes, should be interesting when both this and the new Doom are on the scene. Thanks for the heads up.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Reaction score
And the final product is going to be free? Hm, wonder why that is.

I guess because at the end of the day, the game is a giant advertising for the Unreal Engine 4.

Which doesn't mean they're not putting effort in developing it.

Precipice

Reaction score
I guess because at the end of the day, the game is a giant advertising for the Unreal Engine 4.
That's my bet. It's an impressive engine, a vast improvement over UE3 (and by extension, all the modified and hacked UE3 engines that act to improve on it) and I can't wait to see a big line of mainstream titles utilizing it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Reaction score
From what I could see, the old UE3's texture pop in problem remains, when it's loading the match, but it just could be cause it's still an Alpha.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

That's my bet. It's an impressive engine, a vast improvement over UE3 (and by extension, all the modified and hacked UE3 engines that act to improve on it) and I can't wait to see a big line of mainstream titles utilizing it.

Not to mention that its now free software too.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Yeah that makes sense, win-win for everybody. Was worried they had some free-to-play/microtransaction goodies planned for us all and then milk it till it's all dry and crusty, so delectably corporate.
Well rumor has it that the FFVII Remake will be using it since Square announced that it won't be using their in-house Luminous engine anymore (too problematic). Plus there's Mass Effect Andromeda, so we'll see how it goes but so far it's use has been looking pretty darn good.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Reaction score
No matter who uses it, Epic Games is the only one that can get the best out of it (well, duh). u.u

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
No matter who uses it, Epic Games is the only one that can get the best out of it (well, duh). u.u
True, which is why I hope to see them offer a nice variety of IPs this generation with it. The saturation of Gears of War last gen was starting to grind my gears and I'm sure Epic were sick of it too, they're more capable than that.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Reaction score
True, which is why I hope to see them offer a nice variety of IPs this generation with it.

Tekken 7 is using it. If I'm not mistaken, it's the first time a Tekken game uses any UE.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Tekken 7 is using it. If I'm not mistaken, it's the first time a Tekken game uses any UE.
I think it is the first time yeah. Maybe it's just me though, but I honestly wasn't all that impressed by the visuals of Tekken 7. It doesn't look all that graphically impressive compared to the other UE4 games out there (or demos), it looks like a prettier Tekken Tag 2 if anything. Inexperience with the engine perhaps since it's their first time?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Reaction score
So, let's see, latest news.

The classic map Facing Worlds has been fully textured:

FaceHighresScreenshot00396-3840x2160-2010198588.png

The new map Titan Pass too:

WMd0MactowmCs7FzB6vV-j7l8U43u4jl2n-2oVZBvcb9dRG-rXld1xPTMpXKcgSlqXpnlyhN_OwJ0GmvNhET-EEAVnmoMoz_gG3SzjtoB7O8Y7WYK_oA0f0sg5owfYoT=s1600

And Pistola Battleground, based on the UT2004 map, created by the community member Jayoplus:

XuQychtFqkDHcElDrF8o58U_ABZkpDRLEZlpOTXqvjnEfZAN7laWsYjmFEJ02AvIrlt9um61g-yrMKBBtxo-XRE4VBVh2Z9EPe1CQ7u2yGZYSLzhEUzId1c17cni-e1bkBQ=s1600

Also two new characters, the Necris Visse

hCKdJ61bKo6VEcdT9LK7sqko8RYXbP7PHkpIlKDHtOGKDfKYhaTvBO1vpGN5374IsjDms8C1qeXtOK-Xg9qVfO4oFqwOEOKbKkaolpvNGiMqP_nCX0dVKYglf5z5WBaj5A=s1600

and the Skaarj Trooper Garog.

7hhvB22nNeoZTWQWQi35Sda2f4iAuGAJwtBWilTcKe_eLXAzCOc5tQgK5rzrYNlEe_TJIj6U94CZ0SR9nuWGqyakutgspvQSBM3VtDN_h9oFbn5eQDlAUFZcohUeseeubQ=s1600

In the picture above you can also see the Rocket Launcher has been fully textured, and the Link Gun too:

ou_Naf4sbvGJ5OHXnLU4Qn073nEUpxiIMSu5U4V4bFHu0H_0IY6YTD4FLXkR0jBHVAtpHGjujCaKD4_BRuRay--nWeLT7W9LVfRapE6Or-zdMVkvsYbs7W2vBhCrTc56=s1600

And here new video: