• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Use the Search tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score
Use the Search tool

I don't wanna sound like a kiss-ass, but the amount of duplicate threads around at the moment is getting annoying. Most of them end up being very similar to ones that have been on a mere few days beforehand.

Before you make a thread, check the 'Search the Forum' tool. It'll show you if a similar thread has already been made.

Examples being, morphing weapons, marriage and various bonuses.

Use the Search tool to see if any of these kinds of thread have been made. Not only that, there's a sticky thread/guide to all the bonuses available. o_O

Sorry if this should have been posted elsewhere, but here's where it's happening the most, so if this needs to be locked, or deleted, fine. As long as people see it first :lol:

Kazmir

Reaction score
Re: Use the Search tool

shut up dude you sound crazy

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

Kazmir;436430 said:

NEG REP.

Kazmir

Reaction score

get a life lol

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

It's pretty much common sense to use the search feature before, überhaupt, creating a thread. Do keep in mind that it's not about using the search function, but how you use it. People, in most cases, use it in the wrong manner, and thus, come across results they are not looking for.

The search feature is relative, not absolute.

EDIT: Kazmir, stop trolling. It only makes you look like a fool.

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score

I kid think the post is it the wrong place, op should have private messages the people he thought was causing trouble

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

this always happens when on a gaming forum when a new installment is just around the corner. new people sign up daily, and as such miss out on many threads - including this one. you can't tell people who aren't going to be signed up until a week from now when this thread is good and burried.

furthermore - even if they were to research previous threads to avoid a duplicate, they may be discouraged from posting because someone has already stated what they intended to.

it should also be mentioned that with the massive number of threads created that are only different by a marginal detail, and the tendency of people to phrase things awkwardly, the search function isn't the 100% fix that you may make it out to be.

furthermore the large collective of the human race is comprised of idiots.

tl;dr just let it be. this is the one time that necroing and creating duplicate threads is more or less overlooked on projectego.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Lynne

Reaction score

Stranger;436441 said:
Jog on? Eff that, Float On, and we'll all float on okay.

[youtube]mFSnhpYFVSk[/youtube]

Modest Mouse <3

Kazmir

Reaction score

Angel;436502 said:
That's enough, thank you.

ok im done but im american and i dont know what jog on and float on means....someone define those 2 terms for me

Lynne

Reaction score

Kazmir;436582 said:
ok im done but im american and i dont know what jog on and float on means....someone define those 2 terms for me

You know, let it go. Go with the flow and free your mind, or some other stoner bull****. ;)

Kazmir

Reaction score

Lynne;436584 said:
You know, let it go. Go with the flow and free your mind, or some other stoner bull****. ;)

ill just search it

ok i did my research and apparently i am being told to f off and the float on is a indie band or something.....good insults guys

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Kazmir;436582 said:

just so you know... modest mouse are from portland, oregon. it's not foreign slang, it's just the usual mysticism that music artists try to put in their songs nowadays. if you listen to the song and you can't figure it out, then google the meaning.

personally i don't care. i share the same home town as modest mouse and i think they royally suck.

Kazmir

Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;436592 said:
just so you know... modest mouse are from portland, oregon. it's not foreign slang, it's just the usual mysticism that music artists try to put in their songs nowadays. if you listen to the song and you can't figure it out, then google the meaning.

personally i don't care. i share the same home town as modest mouse and i think they royally suck.

thanks mcnasty for actually taking my question seriously.. Others(who will not be named) think i already know what it means....isnt the fact i llive in america a good enough reason why i dont know british insults. Gosh!!!

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

Kazmir;436607 said:
thanks mcnasty for actually taking my question seriously.. Others(who will not be named) think i already know what it means....isnt the fact i llive in america a good enough reason why i dont know british insults. Gosh!!!

Oh gee golly wolly gully goshhhhh!!!!

Just get on your bike.

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

GhostlyIcicle;436429 said:
I don't wanna sound like a kiss-ass, but the amount of duplicate threads around at the moment is getting annoying. Most of them end up being very similar to ones that have been on a mere few days beforehand.

Before you make a thread, check the 'Search the Forum' tool. It'll show you if a similar thread has already been made.

Examples being, morphing weapons, marriage and various bonuses.

Use the Search tool to see if any of these kinds of thread have been made. Not only that, there's a sticky thread/guide to all the bonuses available. o_O

Sorry if this should have been posted elsewhere, but here's where it's happening the most, so if this needs to be locked, or deleted, fine. As long as people see it first :lol:

Despite the fact that I have done duplicates in the past :blush: (for a wide variety of reasons.) I think everyone should follow GI's advice.. +rep

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Kazmir;436430 said:

Kazmir;436467 said:
get a life lol

No need to go trolling a thread.

Kazmir;436607 said:

Ok, you live in America and would rather insult us back than just use Google, we got it.

Plus, cheez said it wasn't a British "insult", but a reference to an American band.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

Arseface;436672 said:
No need to go trolling a thread.

Ok, you live in America and would rather insult us back than just use Google, we got it.

Plus, cheez said it wasn't a British "insult", but a reference to an American band.

Oh, no. You replied to him.

Brace for more failtroll

Status
Not open for further replies.