• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Video Game Music

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Video game music has some of the best scores around, in my opinion. Which is something you should all be holding in high regard.

I love Final Fantasy X, ALL the Fable music, Oblivion and Skyrim soundtracks, ALL Halo soundtracks, the first Sonic theme tune, Tiny Bang Story, Lost Odyssey, ALL Viva Pinata games and...and...I can't remember.

I'm just waiting for the Skyrim soundtrack to both come down in price and be available via Amazon downloads...love that soundtrack so much I only put the music on when I'm playing and don't bother with any other effects.

IMesh

99% Toxin Free!
Reaction score
I have to say, Fallout 3 has a heap of songs that I actually enjoyed listening to, kept me playing the game for 14 playthroughs. Favourite of them all, I always saved whenever the announcer said this was coming up. I will admit it, I am a bit strange...

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
If you guys liked the Oblivion and Skyrim soundtracks, Jeremy Soule, the composer, also composed all of the Guild Wars sountracks. You should give them a listen.

Here is my favorite; It's the Guild Wars: Factions theme.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Final Fantasy has some of the best songs. Perhaps a little cheesy, but meh.

FFX-2 1000 Words.

FFXII Kiss Me Goodbye.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Final Fantasy has some of the best songs. Perhaps a little cheesy, but meh.

You're right, it is cheesy. However I'm rather partial to 1,000 Words in comparison to Real Emotion that the fake Yuna does. 10 years later and that song still hasn't clicked with me yet.

Btw, how 'bout that Final Fantasy 9?

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
You're right, it is cheesy. However I'm rather partial to 1,000 Words in comparison to Real Emotion that the fake Yuna does. 10 years later and that song still hasn't clicked with me yet.

Notice how I didn't post Real Emotion. ;)

Fun to dance to; not something I could ever actually enjoy.

Btw, how 'bout that Final Fantasy 9?

<3

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Ugh, I hated how she couldn't be a permanent party member. An opportunity to play with all that power, only to have it all taken away soon after.

Such a tease, just like a damn woman too.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
For me there aren't many tracks in a game that pluck that chord deep inside. From those already mentioned, '1000 Words' and 'Memory of Lightwaves' are a few. Here are some of mine.

Ahhh Parasite Eve. A gem of a game back in the golden age for rpgs: the PS1 era. It used oldchool Final Fantasy mechanics, the Active Time Bar (making you wait for your actions) but also required you to physically dodge the enemy attacks. On top of excellent gameplay they had an amazing and rather plausible sci-fi storyline involving evolution and mutation. Good stuff. But the point is the music. It set the horror, it set the mystery. It brought the mood of the setting out to it's fullest. Here are my two favorite tracks from this game.

This theme plays when you fight the main antagonist 'Eve'. Hard to explain the emotions being conveyed here without you having played the game. Enjoy either way =3

This theme plays early in the game and really sets up the fact that you have no idea what's really going on at this point and that you are seeking answers about the horrifying mystery underway. Cannot tell you how much I love this track.

My second entry comes from Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4. Wonderful game and series in all it's incarnations, this particular game is about a group of teenagers still in high school who discover a mysterious channel that appears only at midnight before a fog. When the midnight show begins showing the likenesses of people they know and when those same people turn up dead the next day these teens decide to solve the mystery. A lot is going on here but the point is that there is a 'shadow' world. They go there and long story short end up having to face their 'shadow selves'. the part inside of them that speaks the things they think deep down that they never wanted to hear. When they deny that side of themself, it gives their shadow self power and the rest of the group gets to fight it to this theme.

If I think of more later I'll post them.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ahhh Parasite Eve. A gem of a game back in the golden age for rpgs: the PS1 era. It used oldchool Final Fantasy mechanics, the Active Time Bar (making you wait for your actions) but also required you to physically dodge the enemy attacks. On top of excellent gameplay they had an amazing and rather plausible sci-fi storyline involving evolution and mutation. Good stuff. But the point is the music. It set the horror, it set the mystery. It brought the mood of the setting out to it's fullest.

Always loved this gem of a game and its excellent soundtrack, the amount of people I see that don't remember or even know of it disappoints me. I liked how they creatively did the visuals for some scenes in the game, such as when you're having a conversation inside the police cruiser. I found that to be the strong points of the SquareSoft games back then, because all of the games lacked voice-acting, they had to rely on finely composed music to help tell the stories. One of my favorite tracks from the game would definitely have to be the battle theme "Arise Within You".

White_Howler said:
This theme plays early in the game and really sets up the fact that you have no idea what's really going on at this point and that you are seeking answers about the horrifying mystery underway. Cannot tell you how much I love this track.

*Aimlessly walks around detective office so the music keeps playing*

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
Always loved this gem of a game and its excellent soundtrack, the amount of people I see that don't remember or even know of it disappoints me. I liked how they creatively did the visuals for some scenes in the game, such as when you're having a conversation inside the police cruiser. I found that to be the strong points of the SquareSoft games back then, because all of the games lacked voice-acting, they had to rely on finely composed music to help tell the stories. One of my favorite tracks from the game would definitely have to be the battle theme "Arise Within You".

*Aimlessly walks around detective office so the music keeps playing*

"Arise Within You" was really good too, on par with the boss theme "Plosive Attack". I still remember fighting the mutated alligator in the sewers. That first boss was really memorable! I doubt many people got to new game + (a feature sorely lacking in today's games), and finished the 90 floor Chrysler (sp?) Building and the secret boss that resides at the top. I will not spoil it, but if you wanna know private message me.

Also, that theme doesn't play in the police station lol! But I know which one that is and it IS quite relaxing.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
"Arise Within You" was really good too, on par with the boss theme "Plosive Attack". I still remember fighting the mutated alligator in the sewers. That first boss was really memorable! I doubt many people got to new game + (a feature sorely lacking in today's games), and finished the 90 floor Chrysler (sp?) Building and the secret boss that resides at the top. I will not spoil it, but if you wanna know private message me.

Nah, I'll pass on the spoiler.. I've played the game before, but that was like 13 years ago. :p So I've been going at it again on my PSP with some amnesia.

I haven't picked it up again in awhile, but I was last stuck in the part where the police station gets attacked by the monsters (it's still early in the game) and I keep getting my butt whipped in these battles. It's frustrating lol.

White_Howler said:
Also, that theme doesn't play in the police station lol! But I know which one that is and it IS quite relaxing.

It doesn't? Gosh, it sure sounds like the one that does.. unless it's an alternate version. Hm..

Also, have you ever tried out The 3rd Birthday? It features some newly composed tracks but also a lot of remixed tracks from Parasite Eve 1 & 2.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
Nah, I'll pass on the spoiler.. I've played the game before, but that was like 13 years ago. :p So I've been going at it again on my PSP with some amnesia.

I haven't picked it up again in awhile, but I was last stuck in the part where the police station gets attacked by the monsters (it's still early in the game) and I keep getting my butt whipped in these battles. It's frustrating lol.

It doesn't? Gosh, it sure sounds like the one that does.. unless it's an alternate version. Hm..

Also, have you ever tried out The 3rd Birthday? It features some newly composed tracks but also a lot of remixed tracks from Parasite Eve 1 & 2.

I have not unfortunately, I really want to though. After the travesty that was PE2 I really want to play a GOOD Parasite Eve game. Granted PE2 wasn't terrible, but the RE controls did not fit the game good at all. PE1 will likely always be the best, and that I guess makes me a little sad inside because it was such an amazing game yet has such a small audience.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
The Sovngarde theme from Skyrim.

First time walking into Sovngarde and that theme hit the speakers, I felt like I was getting ready to have a meeting with the devil. Pity they resorted to using the regular dragon battle theme for the Alduin fight, instead of something more epic.

Reaction score
First time walking into Sovngarde and that theme hit the speakers, I felt like I was getting ready to have a meeting with the devil. Pity they resorted to using the regular dragon battle theme for the Alduin fight, instead of something more epic.

When I heard this song, I just thought to myself: "Damn I'd love to end up in a place like this when I die!" (minus the mist and Alduin of course.)

You're right though I think The world eater should have had his own theme.

I liked these songs too from the Bad company 2: Vietnam soundtrack