• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Want an early copy of Mass Effect 3?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
me3spaceedition.jpg
Well Bioware are giving you the chance, however there is a catch...
Mass Effect 3 will be the first console game launched into Earth’s upper atmosphere on a historic voyage. And you have a chance to take home a piece of that history.
Starting February 23rd, various cities across the globe will host their very own Space Edition launches. Starting with San Francisco, CA and ending in Berlin, Germany.
Track the packages on their flights and be the first to arrive at the landing zone to win an early copy of Mass Effect that has survived space travel. Each Space Edition also comes with a one-of-a-kind fan prize package. Other prizes will also be given out to runner-up participants
To track the games progress follow the link in the image below

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Aw, so it's just a jet that's still hanging in Earth's atmosphere. Too bad it's not a copy that was taken for a moon landing, now that would be something to get bat-**** crazy over.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Aw, so it's just a jet that's still hanging in Earth's atmosphere. Too bad it's not a copy that was taken for a moon landing, now that would be something to get bat-s*** crazy over.

Being attached to weather balloons being released in London, New York, Paris, Berlin, Las Vegas and San Francisco all fitted with GPS transmitters so you can track them online and see where they land.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Being attached to weather balloons being released in London, New York, Paris, Berlin, Las Vegas and San Francisco all fitted with GPS transmitters so you can track them online and see where they land.

Oh I see. I still want a copy from the moon though.

And I have to wonder... what are they going to do if all the balloons pop from too much altitude?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Oh I see. I still want a copy from the moon though.

And I have to wonder... what are they going to do if all the balloons pop from too much altitude?

Weather Balloons are designed to go to that altitude and we use them every day to find out the weather and atmospheric conditions.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Weather Balloons are designed to go to that altitude and we use them every day to find out the weather and atmospheric conditions.

Well yeah, they're designed to handle the high altitudes, but they do have their limits (helium, temperature, and pressure). This situation is all hypothetical though of course.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Well yeah, they're designed to handle the high altitudes, but they do have their limits (helium, temperature, and pressure). This situation is all hypothetical though of course.

IGN have some of their team tracking the games and are on the road hunting for them apparently according to Twitter.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
IGN have some of their team tracking the games and are on the road hunting for them apparently according to Twitter.

Now imagine if a flock of geese grabbed it and took it for an aimless flight across the globe.

Talk about a wild goose chase. :troll:

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
UPDATE
Just seen on Twitter that there is a Live Stream with Kaidan voice actor Raphael Sbarge on right now.​
HERE

Heh, never knew his VA was Sbarge.. amuses me even more given his Star Trek background. Wonder how his wife puts up with all the mobs of women he gets from being Kaidan.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
IGN are closing in on a copy apparently, last tweet was 'Mass Effect 3 copies are landing! "It is somewhere nearby! We are running in a forest!!!'

Videos here of their journey.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
If IGN are actually silly enough to keep it for themselves, then they better keep one eye open. Seriously.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
If IGN are actually silly enough to keep it for themselves, then they better keep one eye open. Seriously.

They are giving it away if they get one.

(quote) Tim and Alfredo hunt down an early copy. If they get it, IGN will be giving it away to a lucky fan.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
They are giving it away if they get one.

(quote) Tim and Alfredo hunt down an early copy. If they get it, IGN will be giving it away to a lucky fan.

Yeah, but for trolling purposes... they could keep it.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
I hope they all land in the ocean. D:<

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I hope they all land in the ocean. D:<

Not just me that hoped that then, not such a long shot here but there it might be a little difficult with your land mass. :lol:

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Not just me that hoped that then, not such a long shot here but there it might be a little difficult with your land mass. :lol:

Even if they don't, California is on the other side of the country from me. That's why I'm bitter.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I want to hug Bioware's PR department. This is absolute genius.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
There is a copy stuck in a tree in San Francisco according to IGN

426232_10150575453931645_85811091644_9123785_1178273758_n.jpg