• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WAS Fable II Really That Bad?

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score
Re: WAS Fable II Really That Bad?

In many ways thought Fable 1 and 2 were completely different games. Fable 1 was more serious and I loved how the camera was so focused on the character and all. It was more story. Like most of the missions you would do in Fable were story missions with a few additional sidequests. Fable 2 Focused more on the sidequests where to get to the story missions you had to complete sidequests. In reality you didn't have to complete any sidequests and you could get through the story just like that. This is one thing I really disliked about fable 2. It was a disappointment. In fable the camera focused closely to the hero in my opinion was way better than seeing the whole world and with the character in the middle in fable 2. I also loved the variety of spells in fable. Fable 2 greatly decreased the amount of spells making will a less desirable ability to use. A lot of favorite spells were lost or changed. Although I do love the targeted spell and the surround spell differences. It made Time control include Assassin Rush withing it. But Charging an Assassin Rush is a waste of precious time in which that time you could have gotten to your destination. Charging spells take too long and lower the status of will power to assist spells.

Bluedrake

Reaction score

I liked both games. They each had their strengths and weaknesses. Fable 2 seems to have more glitches though...

There's one thing I really hated in Fable 2 but loved in Fable 1 though: the Will tattoos. In the first one they looked mystical and cool. In the second one they look like fricking varicose veins!

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Bluedrake;403544 said:
I liked both games. They each had their strengths and weaknesses. Fable 2 seems to have more glitches though...

There's one thing I really hated in Fable 2 but loved in Fable 1 though: the Will tattoos. In the first one they looked mystical and cool. In the second one they look like fricking varicose veins!

I actually liked them better in fable 2 because they were more visible but sometimes they become unwanted because I just don't want them but I want to have will powers that are strong...

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

In a way, I'm thinking it's like the difference between Led Zeppelin II and Led Zeppelin III. Led Zeppelin II was simple electric blues and earthy folk and sold tens of millions of copies. Led Zeppelin III tried to follow up on and improve on Led Zeppelin II, but ended up being slightly less good and less successful, but still an enjoyable album. Then they came out with Led Zeppelin IV, and everybody **** themselves in awe of such a band. Maybe Fable III will be Lionheads Led Zeppelin IV. Then PM will get addicted to heroin, start wrecking hotel rooms and start trying to cast spells on his fans.

Yes, everything can be turned into a Led Zeppelin metaphore.

SandsOfTime404

Philanthropist
Reaction score

Arseface;403636 said:
In a way, I'm thinking it's like the difference between Led Zeppelin II and Led Zeppelin III. Led Zeppelin II was simple electric blues and earthy folk and sold tens of millions of copies. Led Zeppelin III tried to follow up on and improve on Led Zeppelin II, but ended up being slightly less good and less successful, but still an enjoyable album. Then they came out with Led Zeppelin IV, and everybody **** themselves in awe of such a band. Maybe Fable III will be Lionheads Led Zeppelin IV. Then PM will get addicted to heroin, start wrecking hotel rooms and start trying to cast spells on his fans.

Yes, everything can be turned into a Led Zeppelin metaphore.

I think I love you, haha. About the varicose veins comment I saw earlier, that's too true. I love that they're more visible in Fable II, but I'd love an option to opt out of having them. They look kinda funky imo. I guess the same goes with the height from Skill (though that can be reversed easily on Knothole), and the ogre-like women that result from Strength.

Guess they'd need to let us opt out of bemoaning the world with troll women for anyone who desires a female character with a Strength focus. Alas, PM will not likely go for something like that.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Was Hammer supposed to look muscley? She just looked like she had eaten too many pies.

Reaction score

lol so true she looked really chubby although strong in fable 2 really does = fat

asopeoprea

Reaction score

i don't understand why fable 2 didn't include a lot of the features the original had.

Bluedrake

Reaction score

asopeoprea;405486 said:
i don't understand why fable 2 didn't include a lot of the features the original had.

PM likes to be innovative with his games. The only problem is that he focuses on putting as many gimmicks as he can and neglects the storytelling. I'd like to know how they managed to release a game that was so user UNfriendly.

The menus in the first one weren't all that great, but the second one's...Ooh boy.

I actually missed the cutscenes from the original where we got to see the hero's look of horror as his mother was murdered. It made me feel more attached to him.

The Fable 2 hero is even more of a blank slate than the original.

HW_Vigo

Reaction score

fable 2 is awesome so is fable 1 i love both games equally i hope it looks like fable 3 mixes both 1&2's elements we should be in for a rad game

jakdax

the legendary hero Hood
Reaction score

here is the difference between fable 1 and 2

fable2: short as hell and no armor unless u buy knothole

fable: normal length and then awesome added storyline and kick @ss armor

fable: Epic game

fable2: ok but not that great

anain12

Reaction score

jakdax;406105 said:
here is the difference between fable 1 and 2

fable2: short as hell and no armor unless u buy knothole

fable: normal length and then awesome added storyline and kick @ss armor

fable: Epic game

fable2: ok but not that great
Fable TLC is waaay overrated. It was a new armor and a few new BORING quests that sucked ass.