• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Watch Dogs

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
WatchDogs-preview-1.jpg

Ubisoft have finally given us a date as to when their hacking open world title will be hitting shelves and that date is closer than expected. The date is set for the 27th May and this applies to the PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions with Wii U coming at a 'later date'.​

The new release date means that Watch Dogs has been in development an extra six months after its delay from Nov last year. They have released some details on why the game was delayed via creative director Jonathan Morin...

Watch Dogs would have been been "pretty good" and "fun to play" in its November build - but that it was missing "important details. When you're promising a player that they can hack everything and express themselves, they expect the result to be there. A complicated game that is broken is no more acceptable than an easier one that works.

Our biggest goal [with the E3 reveal] was to suggest something new. We knew that there was a fatigue - we were part of that fatigue too - of playing the same things. It was a safe market, the last couple of years. It's often the case at the end of the cycle but it was particularly true that time. We were excited, frightened, to show the game so early but Ubisoft had a point, I think - that people wanted to see something different.

To be quite frank with you, and this may seem like political bulls***, but Ubisoft offers a combination of things I don't know if I could find anywhere else. Much of this stems from the fact that Ubisoft's upper hierarchy largely have backgrounds in games design - rather than the business of simply making money. I pitch games to designers, I'm not pitching a concept to businessmen - which would make my pitch different. I wouldn't like it. So when we arrive at such a big decision [as the delay] there are a lot of people high up who already have all of my bullet points before I've even sent them. The fact that they understood that meant all I had to say was 'I agree'. The person who had to have balls is Yves. He's the boss so he had to have the courage to say to the stockholders: 'We think it's best to do this'.

FULL INTERVIEW HERE

Twilight

Reaction score
Been looking forward to this one for awhile. Hopefully the extra 6 months were worth it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Im hoping so, the extra polish and bug fixing will have helped and hopefully they managed to get all the systems working well together as this has great potential and I really hope it ends up good.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score