• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weapon upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

OwNzOr

Reaction score
I just finished maxing out my bonesmasher gun and i'm halfway to maxing out my hammer (dragon something). Anyway, it requires me to drag 8 citizens to work (which i can't do yet until i defeated the darkness am i correct?), kill 100 human enemies with a flourish attack and kill 150 enemies with an unweaved fireball attack.

Anyway, i've done the unweaved fireball thing and i was trying to kill 100 human enemies with flourishes. The progress bar towards the upgrade is 100% red, but still the ability doesn't activate. Any ideas why?

Oh, and another completely different thing. Is there anyway to control what appearance upgrades you give to your hero weapons? Because i currently have the bone hilt on my swords which makes them look ugly as hell. Also i got some evil upgrade to my sword because apparently i tormented chickens...? (never even touched a chicken yet! :eek:)

Anyway those are my questions, would appreciate it if someone could answer them :).

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
Can't help you on your first question, but as far as the upgrades go, save your game before you get the upgrade, if you don't like what you got reload it until you get the desired effect. Or so I've been told.....my third playthrough I got a different hilt, one for hunting chests....

My type seems to be stuck in italics, any thoughts as to why?

OwNzOr

Reaction score
hmm, still looking for some help on the dragonbone hammer thing.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score
Can't help you on your first question, but as far as the upgrades go, save your game before you get the upgrade, if you don't like what you got reload it until you get the desired effect. Or so I've been told.....my third playthrough I got a different hilt, one for hunting chests....

My type seems to be stuck in italics, any thoughts as to why?

It's probably just temporary fella. Try posting on a different thread or refresh the page.

hmm, still looking for some help on the dragonbone hammer thing.

This seemed to have happened with my Slimquick. Basically, because it's such a large number of people, it may appear finished when it's not. Just keep doing it, and it should upgrade.

OwNzOr

Reaction score
Hmmm ok, i'll try doing that. I've had the same thing happen to me when trying to upgrade the thunderblade, but after doing like 10 more flourishes after the bar was completely full the weapon upgraded. With the dragonbone hammer though i must've done at least 30-50 more flourish kills after the bar was full but i suppose i'll keep trying it. I'll let you know how it turned out.

Khalin

Reaction score
Weapon upgrades are pretty fun, but it gets boring after a while. I think I stopped after 112 weapon upgrades.

OwNzOr

Reaction score
I never get bored of killing hollow men though, making friends or making people love you are the annoying ones :(. Odly the objectives to have sex is quite annoying too :s.

Khalin

Reaction score
I hated the making friends, making people fall in love with you, and completing 30 quests requirements. I also hate the requirements to kill human enemies since mercenaries are in such short supply. Anything else is easy, though. I was working on finishing the requirements for trading gifts to 20 players over Xbox LIVE, but my Gold account expired before I was able to complete them and I haven't renewed it yet. And by now, I've lost my drive for the game [I've pumped in about 160+ hours into it and done pretty much everything there is to do] so I don't think I'm going to go back and finish it.

OwNzOr

Reaction score
Succes! After doing a couple more flourish kills my dragonbone hammer suddenly upgraded :).

I've got another question though. I'm trying to upgrade my swinging sword and it requires me to have sex with men and women 15 times. It appears that it has to be 15 different men and women right? Because nomatter howmuch i plow elise it won't fill up my bar. Does anyone have a good method if doing this fast?

Another question i have is how you get guild seals from evil expressions. I need to get some to upgrade a few weapons but when i try to perform a few evil expressions it doesn't fill up the bar. Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

m800_runner

If you ain't happy, you ain't livin'
Reaction score
Succes! After doing a couple more flourish kills my dragonbone hammer suddenly upgraded :).

I've got another question though. I'm trying to upgrade my swinging sword and it requires me to have sex with men and women 15 times. It appears that it has to be 15 different men and women right? Because nomatter howmuch i plow elise it won't fill up my bar. Does anyone have a good method if doing this fast?

Another question i have is how you get guild seals from evil expressions. I need to get some to upgrade a few weapons but when i try to perform a few evil expressions it doesn't fill up the bar. Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

you are correct. it needs to be 15 different men and women. the quickest way is to hit the brothel, the merc camp, and then bowerstone old town for the remaining whores. then you just need to marry and shag

OwNzOr

Reaction score
I've already went through the whores of the brothel, although i've had quite a bit of trouble because i never got the sex invite option because they always admire my character when i come too close. After figuring out how to fix that problem i've hit a new one when trying to 'engage' the whore outside of the brothel. Apparently isntead of getting a sex 'invite option' i always get a 'propose marriage' option. Any solutions to that?

Oh, and there's one more weapon that requires me to dig up 30 items again. I've already upgraded 2 other weapons that required that but i'm afraid i'm running out of dig spots atm. I've only just purchased the treasure hunting lvl 5 book so i should unlock a few new digspots. I was just wondering if the digspots replenish themselves over time and if not, will i be able to complete that upgrade in someone else's fable world?

Doug Squared

Duplicated.
Reaction score
Quickest way for dig spots is relationship quests. Start about 5-7 at a time in one city.

And for the making friends/lovers, just use a beggar. Get him/her to love you/best friend, then do an evil expression to go down a rank. Then do a good expression to bring it back up. Beggars tend to want gifts instead of tasks. Also, getting one that wouldn't want to marry you would be a plus; all they want are gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.