• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Weight of the World Choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

wulfric

Professional bigot-slayer and redneck-eradicator
Reaction score
Just out of interest, if you were in the hero's situtation of havin to defend the country would you('realistically'):
1) Maintain Logans Policies (including leaving Aurora etc)
2) Goody Goody choices
3) Evil bast*** choices
Note: you could donate but it would be around 1,500,000 (not several mill) over the year...more realistic

trying to give as many examples as i could(cant remember them all):
-drain lake yeh (fill it again after battle, easy)
-introduce brothel yeh (reconvert after a year)
-introduce more guards yeh....they still shoot guns dont they
-maintain mountains, nope replant em
-rebuild old quarter after attck yeh...in the meantime id let em in the castle
-rebuild aurora after attack yep...fort yes...its a barrier and would be useful plus not too exspensive
-decor, screw it, it can wait
-child labour, no (cant remember who said it but "In the fight to defend our humanity we must not lose it in the process"...dont even know if thats correct)
-Drink limit dropped, yeh more money for the treasury + economy
-acadamy after attack
-donate diamond and statue, hell yeh
-pardon Logan, yeh he's my brother and he only tried to help (cept for Elise and stuff...he can go an isolated house for a while with no treasures and live a hermits life) plus ELITE soldiers would be a wee bit useful

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
The problem is that you can't make sensible decisions like "introduce brothel yeh (reconvert after a year)" or "drain lake yeh (fill it again after battle, easy)." You have to make those questionable decisions, and then live with them permanently. It's really dumb how Lionhead missed that.

Three

Rawr
Reaction score
There shouldn't be a "good" or "evil" choice. These are tough choices and selecting the "good" choices only puts your people in more danger.

It's ridiculous. The choices should just be there. It should be up to you if you choose to keep promises or decide in favor of more gold. There should be no morality strings to those decisions.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
That's another thing: you can't really be evil with those decisions, since if you pick the "good" ones, then you're giving the people what they want, with no personal gain attached, but if you pick the "evil" ones, then you're actually trying to save them.

wulfric

Professional bigot-slayer and redneck-eradicator
Reaction score
I know, it is an odd kind a 'loop-hole' in Lionheads plans and I've always wondered why the hell you couldn't just say: "look we are going to have a year of terrible hardship so that come next year we will be able to repel the waves of Dark beings that will rise up from the oil wells in the desert, rather than have a year long party and then become slaves to the darkness incarnate that is the crawler" or just say that france is gonna invade or something. As Ben Crowshaw said, "Horrors from beyond the veil of time and space are coming, so shut up" seems like a pretty good draw card for a leader to have. Hence the thread...given ultimate power does anyone have any original ideas to get around all the decisions and still save people. Like people with functioning brains who would have a year or hardship then parties.
The only decision that i believe is "Evil" and is labeled "evil" is leaving the aurorans to fend for themselves...even though their entire population consists of warriors who have been fighting the darkness for the last five years...and dooming them all to certain death. Even though id personally ship'em all to Albion for the year and they can damn well help.

If people still dont get it watch the escapist:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2652-Fable-3

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
Wulfric, you are absolutely correct; if you are 'good', you are really irresponsible. If you are 'evil', you are actually quite responsible and are doing what is best for your kingdom.
I always wondered why Theresa wanted you to overthrow Logan. She painted him as a tyrant, but he was actually only taking precautions against the Crawler.
Makes you wonder if Theresa is really the ultimate villain...

Gheb

I ONCE ATE A WHOLE CACTUS
Reaction score
Given the stupidity of most characters in Fable 3, I think the Crawler is the protagonist of the game.

Cakelynn

Reaction score
Wulfric, you are absolutely correct; if you are 'good', you are really irresponsible. If you are 'evil', you are actually quite responsible and are doing what is best for your kingdom.
I always wondered why Theresa wanted you to overthrow Logan. She painted him as a tyrant, but he was actually only taking precautions against the Crawler.
Makes you wonder if Theresa is really the ultimate villain...

Yes, Theresa has been a suspicious character to me throughout the Fable series o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.