• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WERE IS WINTER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tymolus

Re: WERE IS WINTER!!!

Right right my trees are red, but they won't change from red to winter spring or normal green...but are you guys saying your trees changed to red NOT because of completing the spire quest?

...omg what if the seasons change according to IRL seasons ... O.O!!!

T

Turnpike

To thouse responding with "Its fall after the Spire," you are incorrect. Before leaving for the Spire, you are asked to complete all your quests because you can not pick them up again. The reason for this is, is that the Temple of Light is about to be attacked (*and your buddy from your childhood is about to invest in a new nice town in place of the camp near the Crucible and needs your help.)

If you do NOT help the Temple of Light before leaving for the spire, it will be eliminated while you are in the spire, thus causing the cycle of the golden oak to end, causing a dusty orange Oakfield. If, in turn, you DO complete the quest, you arrive back at an even GREENER Oakfield with 4 or 5 new coastline houses, a better econamy, more villagers and an even homely feel that will make you want to stay there.

(*If you donate 5000 gold to the photogropher from the begining, the camp outside the Crucible will become an oakfieldesqe town, a great addition to later gaming.)

Nither of these two major improvements can be achived after the Spire, so you will be out one nice town, and stuck with the smaller (and quite frankly ugly) oakfield. I strongly reccomend another character to explore these two improvments. Also note clearing all bandit quests, because that will greatly improve the Bower Lake and Brightwood regions, causing nice farms to grow ect.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Tymolus;223279 said:
Right right my trees are red, but they won't change from red to winter spring or normal green...but are you guys saying your trees changed to red NOT because of completing the spire quest?

...omg what if the seasons change according to IRL seasons ... O.O!!!

That'd be cool. It is fall after all. :lol:

V

vatakarnic33

It might be based on a monthly system (real life months)... Or it could be synched with our real seasons, but that seems a bit too long. Has anyone considered that the seasons could be scripted (for atmospheric reasons) up until you beat the game? Sort of like how your kid doesn't grow up until the spire. And it's only then that the seasons get pushed into the monthly cycle or whatever it is.

F

flashburnnw

well what if there are linked to the internal clock of ours 360s, has anyone tried changing the month to see if winter comes?

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

+rep turnpike for writin all of that and using common sense

T

Tymolus

Turnpike;223814 said:
To thouse responding with "Its fall after the Spire," you are incorrect. Before leaving for the Spire, you are asked to complete all your quests because you can not pick them up again. The reason for this is, is that the Temple of Light is about to be attacked (*and your buddy from your childhood is about to invest in a new nice town in place of the camp near the Crucible and needs your help.)

If you do NOT help the Temple of Light before leaving for the spire, it will be eliminated while you are in the spire, thus causing the cycle of the golden oak to end, causing a dusty orange Oakfield. If, in turn, you DO complete the quest, you arrive back at an even GREENER Oakfield with 4 or 5 new coastline houses, a better econamy, more villagers and an even homely feel that will make you want to stay there.

(*If you donate 5000 gold to the photogropher from the begining, the camp outside the Crucible will become an oakfieldesqe town, a great addition to later gaming.)

Nither of these two major improvements can be achived after the Spire, so you will be out one nice town, and stuck with the smaller (and quite frankly ugly) oakfield. I strongly reccomend another character to explore these two improvments. Also note clearing all bandit quests, because that will greatly improve the Bower Lake and Brightwood regions, causing nice farms to grow ect.

Whatever. I did everything for the temple of the light and besides the fall season isn't limited to oakfield. Bower Lake, Brightstone. Certain places have trees that don't change because they stay green all year.

V

vatakarnic33

Yeah, I'm getting fall too (almost everywhere... stupid pine trees), and I saved the Temple of Light and Everything (It's all huge now). It's most definitely a season, not a change because you didn't save the Temple of Light.
I guess we'll find out if there's every winter. I can't imagine the seasons being stuck on fall for the rest of the game after the spire.

T

Turnpike

Update. I have experianced the fall that everyone was talking about, at the time of my last post I hadnt noticed all the orange everywhere and, after playing two seperate files at that point, figured what you all were talking about was the Oakfield collapse.

Anyways, lately ive heard rumorus going around that as soon as you finish the main quest the seasons land themselves on a 90-91 day cycle per season, which I am currently testing. I thought i'd spent more than 90 days after the main quest, but then again, maybe I have and it starts Summer, since im in fall. I'll get back to everyone tommorow, i've gotta head to the fire station tonight, which is annoying because im excited to test this.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Turnpike;223814 said:

I believe you are incorrect. Because my Temple of Light is all set, and prospering, and my oakfield is not green at all. It's orange, and fall like.

T

Tymolus

Turnpike;233656 said:
Update. I have experianced the fall that everyone was talking about, at the time of my last post I hadnt noticed all the orange everywhere and, after playing two seperate files at that point, figured what you all were talking about was the Oakfield collapse.

Anyways, lately ive heard rumorus going around that as soon as you finish the main quest the seasons land themselves on a 90-91 day cycle per season, which I am currently testing. I thought i'd spent more than 90 days after the main quest, but then again, maybe I have and it starts Summer, since im in fall. I'll get back to everyone tommorow, i've gotta head to the fire station tonight, which is annoying because im excited to test this.

Thanks for the update,
I'm really, really wondering...well first I'm anxious to see your results on the 90 day cycle, I hope that it's true and it works that way, BUT I'm wondering if maybe the seasons really are linked to IRL seasons...like maybe on a certain day everything will suddenly be winter? That would be pretty cool if so...but obviously the 90 day cycle would be cooler :)

T

Turnpike

I ended up getting myself really backed up but im back to testing this theroy within the hour. After waiting 90 days, I left the Homestead, which I thought was a good place to test it because its off of the real world and if the season wants to change when your not there, I give it that chance. Results? The entire Oakfield was a bright orange and red I havnt seen, which is thereby likely confiriming a season change over time. I'll now rest a month at a time to see how it changes, and get back on here in a little while.

Dag204

Long-Time Albion resident
Reaction score

There may be fall and spring, but I am pretty positive there is no dynamic winter.

T

Turnpike

I'm sure ive waited at least 11-12 weeks since the last check in at this forum, and its still has orange as its ever been. I never want to be the final word, so we'll wait and see if somebody sees winter sometime. At the least I want Summer again..

D

deadsy

I didn't really notice the change in seasons but I'd definitely love Winter.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't change over time though because over the whole course of what i've been playing I haven't seen a change.
:(

<winter3

A

Arfboy6

i ahvnt seen winter maybe its like winter where i am in england doesnt snow but really really cold and frost every where

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

deadsy;235530 said:
I didn't really notice the change in seasons but I'd definitely love Winter.
I'm pretty sure it doesn't change over time though because over the whole course of what i've been playing I haven't seen a change.
:(

<winter3
It ends up Fall in my game, but no snow yet, on that one profile. I miss the snow. :(

nstalaat

Never Knows Best
Reaction score

P.M. works in mysterious ways my children

-Grandma nstalaat

Status
Not open for further replies.