• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Were there 13 apostles of Christ?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Angel, I'm not merely talking about the Last Supper painting here. It's about Mary's role in the Bible. I wasn't even the one who brough up the subject of the painting.

Just so you know.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Tsuyu said:
I wasn't even the one who brough up the subject of the painting.
Mary Magdalene (not to be confused with his mother!) was a prostitute that was "cleansed of sin" by and thereafter followed Jesus around, much like the male apostles. So why wasn't she in the famous Last Supper painting? Why are there officially just the twelve all-male apostles?
Sorry - I thought because you were the first to mention it that it had some bearing on your musings. My apologies.

Mary's role in the bible was one of involvement but what I was trying to get at was the fact that there are a number of presumptions made concerning her based on what those books NOT included in the bible say about her and a couple of misconceptions. The things that are definitely about her within the NT are:

Jesus cast 7 demons out of her
She financially supported Jesus (along with many others)
She witnessed the crucifixion
She was there when he was buried
She turned up at his tomb to find him gone
She then saw him later, had a little chat and then went to tell the disciples what she had seen

Anything else is either conjecture or misinterpretation of scripture where she is mentioned closely to another woman's behaviour/speech.

That, I believe, is what her role was within the context of the bible - more or less.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Am I the only one who finds it suspicious that in Da Vinci's Last Supper, Judas is the only black guy?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
They rarely make singers like that anymore.