• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What does Lionhead need to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score
What does Lionhead need to do?

What does Lionhead need to improve on most to make Fable 3 better than Fable 2?

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Re: What does Lionhead need to do?

It'd be nice if the multiplayer/co-op aspect was a little more refined this time around. I don't want to be a henchman and, I would imagine, neither does my wife. I'm still thankful that co-op was even implemented in the first place but aside from the odd bit of achievement hunting and coliseum fighting, we barely touched the co-op.

I would have bought a second copy of Fable II as well if the co-op had a little more polish.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

As he said better split screen co-op. And as peter said, the hero is way to detached, it sucks, I wanna be able to touch people without having to punch them, which wasn't even able to punch in fable 2, and I like hand to hand combat, otherwise bar fights last about 0.5 seconds and my opponent is dead. the world of fable needs several dragons to.:D

TheSouthernRiverPhoenix

noob since 10/1/09
Reaction score

so far no one has mentioned the glitches?!?!?!

EDIT: forgot, add more customization lolz

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

Hmm i agree with the co-op system that they are surgesting, i mean who wants to have to share a screen with the other person your playing with and not being able to roam by yourself?

Just a random suggestion maybe they could have a co-op storyline?

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

I think they should do this:
Make co-op splitscreen

1. Add more dog variations.
  2. make the hero way, way less detached, but at the same time keep some of the existing expressions such as fart and dance, which are my favorite.
  3. have some old time instruments besides the lute, such as the piano, or the classical guitar, which came about in the early 1800's.
  4. More wildlife, I want to see a deer gallop, I want to see a bird fly, I want to see a little hopping frog in a pond, I want to see a phuking bug Fly quickly in front of my face as I am Judging someone and be able to squash it or leave it be!
  5. There needs to be trees that actually grow fruit, and as the seasons change, they ripen and fall of the tree and if not picked up, they should ferment, or rot into a pile of compost and eventually disappear.
  6. I want there to be four seasons, winter, spring, summer, fall, and for them to have real effects on supplies and the environment, and for gods sake the people.
  7. I want to be able to walk up to someone random and start a conversation, or get them to do you a favor in return for something of your, and to then be able to honor that agreement, or backstab them after they've done what you've asked them.
  8. I want more combat and spell options, more weapons, more attck moves, more brutal combat styles, silent kill options, and whatever else you can cram in that category.
  9. I want to be able to arrest someone that is a main story character such as reaver just because I can and I feel like it. and then be able to have him do something for me to earn his freedom, or rot in jail for all of their life after their part in the game is over.
  10. I also would love to see at least 5 dragons in the game too!
  11. And goddammit I want a rideable horse!!!!!!
And that's about it! tell me what you agree with.

P.S. I would be willing to wait another year or two for the game to come out if at least 3/4 of these were done.

TheSouthernRiverPhoenix

noob since 10/1/09
Reaction score

James Butts;344134 said:
I think they should do this:
Make co-op splitscreen

1. Add more dog variations.
  2. make the hero way, way less detached, but at the same time keep some of the existing expressions such as fart and dance, which are my favorite.
  3. have some old time instruments besides the lute, such as the piano, or the classical guitar, which came about in the early 1800's.
  4. More wildlife, I want to see a deer gallop, I want to see a bird fly, I want to see a little hopping frog in a pond, I want to see a phuking bug Fly quickly in front of my face as I am Judging someone and be able to squash it or leave it be!
  5. There needs to be trees that actually grow fruit, and as the seasons change, they ripen and fall of the tree and if not picked up, they should ferment, or rot into a pile of compost and eventually dissapear.
  6. I want there to be four seasons, winter, spring, summer, fall, and for them to have real effects on supplies and the environment, and for gods sake the people.
I will update in about five minutes, yes, that's right, there's more!

God help us all...not more...you'll steal it all

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Oh boy, where do I start?

- Local multiplayer is fine as it is, and oddly reminiscent of the Gauntlet series, though I would like to be able to use my own character. Multiplayer over Live needs to be redone, though; I would really like to travel as far away from my friend as possible.

- Greater customization beyond some clothes, hairstyles, and tattoos would be wonderful.

- IMPROVE THE CHARACTER MODELS. I am tired of male heroes having obnoxiously broad jaws. It looks ridiculous and unfitting, especially on slimmer heroes. They could also take it a step further and allow us to customize different features of our heroes. And besides, I'm sure some of us at one time or another wanted to enhance our female characters. Don't lie.

- Add more variety to the NPCs. Seriously, there were, what, two or three variations of the same person? Mix them up a bit. Use different faces or hairstyles or clothes or something.

- Shotguns.

- Add more enemy varieties. Fable is supposed to be a fantasy game; why do I spend eighty percent of it fighting bandits, and the rest fighting hobbes, balverines, and undead? Add some more interesting enemies, will ya?

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

Rheckameohs;344147 said:
Oh boy, where do I start?

- Local multiplayer is fine as it is, and oddly reminiscent of the Gauntlet series, though I would like to be able to use my own character. Multiplayer over Live needs to be redone, though; I would really like to travel as far away from my friend as possible.

- Greater customization beyond some clothes, hairstyles, and tattoos would be wonderful.

- IMPROVE THE CHARACTER MODELS. I am tired of male heroes having obnoxiously broad jaws. It looks ridiculous and unfitting, especially on slimmer heroes. They could also take it a step further and allow us to customize different features of our heroes. And besides, I'm sure some of us at one time or another wanted to enhance our female characters. Don't lie.

- Add more variety to the NPCs. Seriously, there were, what, two or three variations of the same person? Mix them up a bit. Use different faces or hairstyles or clothes or something.

- Shotguns.

- Add more enemy varieties. Fable is supposed to be a fantasy game; why do I spend eighty percent of it fighting bandits, and the rest fighting hobbes, balverines, and undead? Add some more interesting enemies, will ya?

Blunderbuss=shotgun

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Yes, but shotguns could easily replace the blunderbuss; same effect, but with multiple barrels. Also, they're shotguns.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

It. Needs. To. Be. BIGGER!

Aside from that, I'm pretty satisfied.

Adam

Mass Effect Bruiser
Reaction score

Yeah, co-op overhaul seriously. And more weapon variation... and dare i say it.... WEAPON CUSTOMIZATION!!!!:devil::wub:

Mandaly

Hullabaloo
Reaction score

-I'd like a longer story line.
-I'd like for there to not to be as many co-op achievements. It is just another way for microsoft to get more money by making people have to have xbox live...
-I want the regular bow back.
-I'd like more customization options for the characters. Did anyone play Champions of Norath? Tons of ways to customize your characters.

TheSouthernRiverPhoenix

noob since 10/1/09
Reaction score

Adam;344209 said:
Yeah, co-op overhaul seriously. And more weapon variation... and dare i say it.... WEAPON CUSTOMIZATION!!!!:devil::wub:

definetly on customization...though my version of customization would be to get a golden master turrent...WITH A SCOPE!

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

More stuff that if I don't have it in fable 3 then I will blow lionhead studios up[/sarcasm]

The world of albion needs to be at least twice as big, with tons more secret areas and items, and maybe even stuff that you can only find by using a secret glitch.
It needs to have the same customization level as the sims, with some "M Rated" customization choices as well.
It needs to have a point in the game where you craft your own custom weapon.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Harsher Consequences, Customization of the character, Selection of weapons and clothes, Split-screen multiplayer.

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

Co-op, and have more exotic locations (ones with asian, african and Eastern european influences)

If i have to pay for multi-player i will rip my eyes out

AON of Greatnes

Man-Bane
Reaction score

why couldnt you guys have just used the improvements stick thingamajigger? seems kind of obvious too me

Rad

Old Name: Zencidal
Premium
Reaction score

I would probably have to say more level of customization for example, like the little promise that peter made in fable 1 how if you plant a acorn it will grow into a tree.

I would like to be able to have a house and plant certain tree's/plants outside and add certain items outside like a scarecrow, a shed and etc. Make it feel like it's really YOUR place and not some random house you call your's.

Status
Not open for further replies.