• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Fable 3 NEEDS! Must see lionhead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cain

Reaction score
Re: What Fable 3 NEEDS! Must see lionhead!

I like the castle customisation idea but not the dragon. Too DF and having a dog or a horse would be just fine.

Altaïr

Skilled Assassin
Reaction score

Speaking of horses, I'd like to see some of those. I know you can fast travel and everything, but exploring is fun, and especially fun with horses. Longer storyline, awesome/challenging boss, more spells. I'd imagine by then some magic would be draining, you know thats why everything looks depressing. either way, customizing your hero would be awesome, and then being able to name it. though no one would say the name, thats just pretty cool. Also: are balverines going to be in F3?

ReluctantJake

Reaction score

Most likely. I hope they don't bring them back, they're annoying. :D

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

i hope they bring better armour into the picture.knothole knight armour was okay, but all it was was chainmail with plates attached to the front by buckle. Meaning your beck is defensless. Full plates are cooler. I also think if your naked, or wear knothole knight armour, its the same defense rating. Thqat doesnt make sense does it?

Altaïr

Skilled Assassin
Reaction score

ReluctantJake;359276 said:
Most likely. I hope they don't bring them back, they're annoying. :D

if they do bring balverines back, i hope they make it so that, like another poster said, we can turn into them if we catch the disease and dont cure it within a certain amount of time. like a werewolf.

armour. that needs to better, and not make you look fat *coughcough-FABLE2-coughcough*. Totally agree with the poster above me, defense must be better.

i need to stop editting. ANYWAY! wouldn't it be just awesome if like we could train wild animals to be your pet? like if they had wild dogs and cats etc, you could train them? sorta WoW like, but it would be awesome.

ReluctantJake

Reaction score

That would be so awesome. But I don't know about turning into a balverine, it would kind of take away the victorious hero theme.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

What about a dragonfly that follows you around, and every time to take a hit, it loses some colour, and once it dies, you can only get hit once more before you die? Also, you have to kill sheep to feed it and make it better.

Spire

Reaction score

Arseface;359441 said:
What about a dragonfly that follows you around, and every time to take a hit, it loses some colour, and once it dies, you can only get hit once more before you die? Also, you have to kill sheep to feed it and make it better.

Someones been playing to much Spyro

How about they bring back the armor rating it was annoying playing Fable 2 wearing knothole Knight armor and guards were cutting through it like villiger clothes

Altaïr

Skilled Assassin
Reaction score

totally agree with the armor rating thing. and before they release Fable 3 they need to test it for bugs. There was a loooooot of glitches and bugs in Fable 2.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Balvarines will be back. They're an essential part of the Fable world. They'll never be going anywhere, and that's how it should be.

F*ck armor ratings. Do you actually like ending up in the same exact outfit at the end of every game you play through? The small flaw in which swords do the same amount damage to you no matter what you wear is totally worth being able to pick out whatever kind of clothing you want with no ramifications.

And yes, I know there were a lot of glitches in Fable 2. In fact, everyone knows. Quit bitching about it.

ReluctantJake

Reaction score

I want Nymphs back, those were the best!

Sabbath

Om nom nom nom
Reaction score

Necromancer11;359610 said:
Balvarines will be back. They're an essential part of the Fable world. They'll never be going anywhere, and that's how it should be.

F*ck armor ratings. Do you actually like ending up in the same exact outfit at the end of every game you play through? The small flaw in which swords do the same amount damage to you no matter what you wear is totally worth being able to pick out whatever kind of clothing you want with no ramifications.

And yes, I know there were a lot of glitches in Fable 2. In fact, everyone knows. Quit bitching about it.

There not totally essential there just fun to kill. Wish their was more to the orgin of them though.

As for armor rating just give the clothing some form of enchantment as i said before. +2 to will/strength/skill and so on rather then this will make you harder to kill because its a lot of plate!

Were not all melee :p

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

I only ask one thing of Fable III: MORE STUFF. More clothes, more weapons, more quests, more places, more people, more Demon Doors, more silver keys, more gargoyles (or whatever they decide to put in). I'm talking one a scale more similar to the Elder Scrolls. I want to see multiple towns, with all different quests, some long, some short.

Probably most importantly again, MORE TESTING. Even Oblivion didn't have as many glitches, at least percentage wise.

Oh, and maybe make it a bit harder, and the combat a bit more like Assassin's Creed. I really didn't mind how Fable II was in those departments, though.

ReluctantJake

Reaction score

In Fable III it still needs that magical kind of feel like TLC. In Fable 2 that was extremely limited.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

^Fable 2 wasn't supposed to have a magical feel. Will users were gone, and I was surprised that normal tailors even sold Will-user clothing.

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

yah if will users are a thing of the past now at least put in alchemists, or necromancers or something like that.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Come to think of it, that is somewhat perplexing.

J_onny

Reaction score

More customisation! Fable 2 did a good job but why stop a good thing? How about weapon creation? Rather than just Iron, Steel, Master, etc design weapons, eg. swords with specific pommels, hilts & blades that all have different attributes - and you name it. You could still have your standards and it wouldn't diminish special weapons.

I think the problem with armor is it ruins customisation. In Fable everytime I played I spent the whole game in a different plate armour because it was the best - in Fable 2 I ran around in loads of different outfits because it made no difference what I wore.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

I don't know about the total customization of every part of a sword. I don't want to have to do a World of Warcraft-esque sword making screen where you pick every part, colour, etc. That would be WAY too tedious, and not in the spirit of the Fable series. I'd like them to just stick with augments, but have more of them, and have more weapon types.

And with armour, I think it's better to have it mean less. No one went around in plate armour in the 18th century. It also means that people aren't just going with whichever armour has the best stats, but just choosing what they think looks good.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I actually like the idea of customizing weapons. I've never played WoW, so I don't know what its weapon customization is like, but I do think that any kind of customization has the potential to be very tedious, like Arseface said. I'd like it if there were just three or four parts of your weapon that you could customize. You'd be able to buy the different parts from a blacksmith. Then maybe to figure out what it will be like in combat, there could be some kind of point system where you'd assign points to different attributes of the weapon (like damage, speed, augment slots, and range, reload time, and ammo capacity for ranged weapons) so that you could choose what it's like, but to make sure that it's not overkill. And maybe you'd be able to earn more of these points as you progressed through the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.