• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Hero are You?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkGuilt

Chicken Chasin' Gun Slinger.
Reaction score
The three types of Heroic Areas are Strength, Skill, and Will.

Strength greatly shows your power of melee weapons.
Skill shows your pin-point accuracy of ranged weapons.
Will shows your knowledge of the old arts of magic.

So which are you? Assume each one is equal, and each one is a match for another. Basically, a Master of Strength VS a Master of Skill would be a non-ending fight.

Personally, I'd choose Skill. Love ranged weapons.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Will. There's no doubt about it. Magic is technically stronger than swords or guns and it always will be. However, this doesn't necessarily apply to a game's mechanics as most developers make magic the most underwhelming element.

Err... I bet that's confusing. Don't worry about it. Basically, I'll always go with Will no matter what.

MarkGuilt

Chicken Chasin' Gun Slinger.
Reaction score
I would agree it IS stronger Malefic.

I use it, just not to a great amount. I like having it IN game, just not using it a lot. I usually stray from using non-real stuff.

Guren

Reaction score
Melee. Magic would be my secondary, but it can't win in a fight because of its charge up time. Plus, I can roll to dodge magic AoE and direct fire? guns would be the only annoying thing for melee I suppose, since they can roll away and shoot repeatedly.

The Dragon

Reaction score
Master of Skill here. Though I have to say Skill was a lot more fun in Fable 2 than in 3... nothing's more satisfying than decapitating people with my crossbow :devil:

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I would agree it IS stronger Malefic.

I use it, just not to a great amount. I like having it IN game, just not using it a lot. I usually stray from using non-real stuff.

Call me Raven, please. I am the complete opposite of you. If I want realism or to play around with guns, I'll play a shooter game. Otherwise magic is my everything and I adore it beyond reasoning.

Melee. Magic would be my secondary, but it can't win in a fight because of its charge up time. Plus, I can roll to dodge magic AoE and direct fire? guns would be the only annoying thing for melee I suppose, since they can roll away and shoot repeatedly.

Magic would win regardless. If we put the actual game mechanics aside, I could very easily use magic to turn you inside out before you could even blink. Or I could cause your bullets to fly back at you. There's so much I could do while you would be absolutely and utterly helpless. However, even if we go by the game's mechanics, I could very easily beat you.

Master of Skill here. Though I have to say Skill was a lot more fun in Fable 2 than in 3... nothing's more satisfying than decapitating people with my crossbow :devil:

Except Fable II doesn't have the finishing moves that Fable III has which are far more brutal and entertaining.

Guren

Reaction score
Call me Raven, please. I am the complete opposite of you. If I want realism or to play around with guns, I'll play a shooter game. Otherwise magic is my everything and I adore it beyond reasoning.

Magic would win regardless. If we put the actual game mechanics aside, I could very easily use magic to turn you inside out before you could even blink. Or I could cause your bullets to fly back at you. There's so much I could do while you would be absolutely and utterly helpless. However, even if we go by the game's mechanics, I could very easily beat you.

Except Fable II doesn't have the finishing moves that Fable III has which are far more brutal and entertaining.
Give reasons for why you would win with the game mechanics-- I see none. And if you were to say outside of game mechanics then we can start bringing in anti-magic equipment, preventing you from harming me? So just keep it to do with the game, I suppose.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Give reasons for why you would win with the game mechanics-- I see none. And if you were to say outside of game mechanics then we can start bringing in anti-magic equipment, preventing you from harming me? So just keep it to do with the game, I suppose.

Anti-magic equipment? In that case, I'll bring in anti-ranged and anti-melee equipment to prevent you from even getting to me. See how quickly that can be turned against you?

How exactly would you win with the game mechanics? Would you try and hit me with your sword? I'll just roll out of the way. What about a gun? I can roll out of the way of that too. But you can't roll and not get hit by an AoE. I'd use a Slow Time potion, charge up a level 5 Shock + Force Push and you'd be demolished in one hit.

Guren

Reaction score
Anti-magic equipment? In that case, I'll bring in anti-ranged and anti-melee equipment to prevent you from even getting to me. See how quickly that can be turned against you?

How exactly would you win with the game mechanics? Would you try and hit me with your sword? I'll just roll out of the way. What about a gun? I can roll out of the way of that too. But you can't roll and not get hit by an AoE. I'd use a Slow Time potion, charge up a level 5 Shock + Force Push and you'd be demolished in one hit.
Incorrect, you can in fact dodge an AoE. I've seen enemies do it, even though it was only through blind luck. During fire for example, if you dodge into the flames you won't get hurt because it travels in waves. During blades it takes on the role of direct fire even if you fire it AoE style. Level 5 frost would sortve be a problem, but I would just have to keep on rolling through it as you apparently take no damage from spells as long as you roll (Tested wtih 5 sentinels, all shot, I rolled into the attack and took no damage) So with this tactic I would theoretically be able to dodge any spell. Also, considering guns are instant shot (and instant draw) I'm positive it would take you by suprise and you wouldn't be able to dodge in time.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Incorrect, you can in fact dodge an AoE. I've seen enemies do it, even though it was only through blind luck. During fire for example, if you dodge into the flames you won't get hurt because it travels in waves. During blades it takes on the role of direct fire even if you fire it AoE style. Level 5 frost would sortve be a problem, but I would just have to keep on rolling through it as you apparently take no damage from spells as long as you roll (Tested wtih 5 sentinels, all shot, I rolled into the attack and took no damage) So with this tactic I would theoretically be able to dodge any spell. Also, considering guns are instant shot (and instant draw) I'm positive it would take you by suprise and you wouldn't be able to dodge in time.

None of the enemies in the game use the gauntlets so nice try. However, a lot of them DO use guns and I dodge them all the time.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score
This thread is funny because you guys are arguing about something so trivial.

Dylan Own

Music is my life. Favorite concert hall in Denver!
Reaction score
Honestly I was a really strong mage. I was like **** you monsters! But I wanna try going though the whole game just using guns, Boss fights and all!?

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Honestly I was a really strong mage. I was like f*** you monsters! But I wanna try going though the whole game just using guns, Boss fights and all!?

Why is that a question? I'm actually doing something similar on my current character but it's mostly just for the achievements. I'm not a gunslinging, sword-slashing, bad-ass. Just a magic-slinging, spellweaving, spastic, sociopath.

Dylan Own

Music is my life. Favorite concert hall in Denver!
Reaction score
Why is that a question? I'm actually doing something similar on my current character but it's mostly just for the achievements. I'm not a gunslinging, sword-slashing, bad-ass. Just a magic-slinging, spellweaving, spastic, sociopath.

That's the opposite of me. I love running into battle guns slinging and Hammer's clubbing. But I want to take out Hammer's tooken out, And only have guns haha.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
That's the opposite of me. I love running into battle guns slinging and Hammer's clubbing. But I want to take out Hammer's tooken out, And only have guns haha.

Don't get me wrong, I can enjoy a good slaughter fest using guns and swords but they're not nearly as fun as charging up a powerful spell combined with a second powerful spell and then unleashing absolute hell onto your enemies. The spell animations alone are enough to make me use the spells but the fact that they've actually made magic significantly more viable than it was in Fable II just makes me really happy.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
strength. my approach to combat in a video game is a charging bulls approach to opening a rubix cube.

Reaction score
I like the ranged weapons Best even if they do come close you can roll out
the way and shoot them in the head..lol
'Shoot First Ask Questions Later'!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.