• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What I Personally Hope To See In Fable 2

M

Mezrin

What I Personally Hope To See In Fable 2

Well, there are a number of new things, improvements, and same things I want to see in the sequel that was promised to be released later this year.

When they were making Fable, they promised long-term consequences in your actions and decisions. This was, for the most part, only relating to the story. The only thing that lasted long was your appearance, evil making it impossible to get people to talk to you, and good making everyone love you. I want everything I do to anyone or anything effect me directly or indirectly. If you bump the man in the snazzy looking suit, and don't apologize, I want some men to pull me into the alley the next day and attempt to mug me. That feels far more realistic, and what was promised to us in the Fable we are currently playing. When you kill a member of a gang, I expect an assault on my wife, my house torched/robbed, or strange men subtly following me. Or maybe Traders that are their friend will either not barter with me or charge insane prices.

Whatever job an NPC has, I want the ability to have that very same job. EVERY job. Blacksmith, Bard, Innkeeper, Barkeeper, Guard, Prison Warden, Exotic Dancer, Gamemaster... Every single thing. If it can be done, my character should be able to do it. I want it to feel like it's my life in a fantasy world, with the ability to fight and help other people, like that guy from Schindler's List.

I want more crime, organized and bandits alike. From keeping a toll road, to weaving through a complicated network of smugglers, killers and con artists. I want to be evil, I want to be head of the Mafia. I want to be Good, I want to be a Double Agent in the Mafia. I want it to be far more realistic, with the traditional fantasy things in it.

I want there to be more family life in the game. In the first Fable, you got married, received a dowry, occasional gifts from your wife, and sex. That's all that really happened. While they definitely are adding more family things, such as father/motherhood, divorce due to family neglect, and dogs, I hope you can do things like teach your child your trade or train them to be a masterful warrior. I want this game to have better replay value then Black & White even.

There are more things, but I'm sure not many people want to hear more of my expectations from this long-awaited game. Lionhead sure does take a long time to make a game, but god damn it, they make 'em right.

R

Robin Hood

Re: What I Personally Hope To See In Fable 2

Well we'll have to wait and see, I'd love it if all you said was in the game.
It would be cool by like making your own gang and followers! Then gang wars!!! And yeah I hope it's more realistic.

M

Mezrin

Aye, truly. I had so many expectations for Fable, and they pulled a Black & White 2 on me. Still excellent, but not as excellent as it could have been.

S

soggy

yeah well done on the marathon post, yeah i think almost every thing npcs can do you can as well

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

It's just to bad, the job list shrunk, but still there's plenty we can do. Hm, with over 3,ooo lines of conversation with the npc's, the possibilities, could be endless.^_^

sijli

Fable player
Reaction score

i want a prison in fable 2 so that when you make a crime you dont only pay money but go to jail.

M

Mezrin

I want to see some diseases. Balverine bite would make you seek help, stuff like that. Or simply catching the flu! It would all be cool. Or maybe an event where a minor-scaled Black Death plague would pop up in Albion.

S

SwedishSniper

Nice List!! and i like the desease thing too

Map209

Reaction score

moonfever;183057 said:
It's just to bad, the job list shrunk, but still there's plenty we can do. Hm, with over 3,ooo lines of conversation with the npc's, the possibilities, could be endless.^_^

I don't think the list of jobs shrunk. There may be a possibility there are some jobs we just don't know about.

nstalaat

Never Knows Best
Reaction score

i dont think we can be justified to be disappointed in fable 2 because they haven't promised that much to us and it in't overly hyped at all. Saying this i still for some reason expect allot from Lionhead.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

I would love to see the interaction, of the npc's in each village. Like in Bloodstone, they probably will be a rough bunch. The community, you're in at the time, will be different from the ones before. I hope I explained that right.:unsure:

J

Jester.

i hope you can fist fight peoples

C

Chicken Kicker

The ability to mount a horse and ride it

Ishrin

Oakvale Drunkard
Reaction score

Those are some nice features Boss, I would definitely like to see all of that too. I know MOLYNEUX is holding back a lot of features. HE HAS TO the sneaky devil.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Ishrin;184926 said:
Those are some nice features Boss, I would definitely like to see all of that too. I know MOLYNEUX is holding back a lot of features. HE HAS TO the sneaky devil.

You could be right. Hadn't thought of that. Wonder what he's hiding?:unsure:

C

capt_moroni

honestly, i'd just like to see better use of time passage.
i don't really know how they'd go about it, i just know i don't like fighting twinblade, or going back to oakvale for that matter, as a 40 year old man because I felt like leveling up.

and i seriously wish they'd have kept pirates.
i love me some pirates. mmmhmm.

Ishrin

Oakvale Drunkard
Reaction score

Same hiter Captain....same hiter *sad face*