• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is the best version of Windows to play and mod Fable on?

Relinquished Reality

Mutilation for Cats!
Reaction score
What is the best version of Windows to play and mod Fable on?

I plan on downloading Fable Explorer for my Fable game to mod and all that fun stuff. I was just wondering if I should start modding and playing the game on my Windows 7 computer, or should I just wait until I can fix my Windows XP computer?

I have had the game for quite some time now and I really want to mod the game. Any suggestions on what version of Windows to use it on?

nicomon

Why?
Reaction score
Re: What is the best version of Windows to play and mod Fable on?

Both Windows 7 and Windows XP are fine for modding, there are just a few extra steps that you have to take to get mods to work if you are using Windows 7. (Such as making sure that you have the proper file permissions/ are running all the programs as an administrator) It all depends on which of the two that you are more comfortable with using.

Relinquished Reality

Mutilation for Cats!
Reaction score

Alright, thanks! I will probably start modding fable tonight or tommorow. Happy Easter, man.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

a lot of the problems were related to administrative privileges. Using Vista i know to always run as administrator

S41NT

Is there anything left?
Reaction score

Pretty much everyone has already answered this but, yeah, I've played it on both Windows Vista and Windows 7. Pretty much all that's the problem is the whole "ownership" of files ordeal. Other than that it runs beautifully for me. All I did was I didn't download the Fable into "Program Files" I just downloaded it into "C:" and that was simple, easy, and it worked for some reason.