• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your favorite weapon?

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Re: What is your favorite weapon?

The Red Dragon

SandsOfTime404

Philanthropist
Reaction score

ssjcb1186;388882 said:
I still completely disagree. The Red Dragon does not shoot that fast and the reload is noticeable. I had high Accuracy and Speed when I first used it and one round didn't even kill an enemy. It's definitely not as fast as my finger and the reload is just as long as any other gun. That's why one shot decapitations are better than 6 shot kills. There's speed with multiple shots and a kill, they're two different things, which is worth more? (clearly the kill speed)
I guess it boils down to a personal thing: Do you want to shoot a semi-automatic or kill enemies quickly? I guess we'd have to do a test to see which is better. I bet doing the Colosseum would be a good test. See how many points each gun gets. I think I gave my Red Dragon away along with a bunch of my other legendary weapons seeing as I don't use them.

Eh, the Red Dragon deserves a little more than it gets. I personally prefer the Enforcer, and you can shell out a lot of damage really fast with it zoomed. Reloads pretty fast for a Blunderbuss too.

The Red Dragon isn't terrible though, and I'm going for the headshots anyhow and it typically gets the job done. Enforcer is just a little more practical. Doesn't have a good range, but excellent for more cramped areas where you've got less of a line of sight. Plus it's got 177.0 damage, and that makes it effective even not zoomed.

So for Ranged my vote goes to The Enforcer. As far as Melee though, I'm not really sure. I'm fond of the Daichi, but I don't really enjoy melee combat anyhow. Anything that looks good works for me haha.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score

I don't think we understand the workings of firearm damage. Head shots are obviously what everyone should aim for and, again, one shot is faster than 3-5 shots no matter how fast they come out. Just because we're used to FPS and shooting a lot doesn't mean it's the most effective way of killing an enemy. A fast sniper is obviously the most effective way. I shouldn't have started to try to prove to everyone that the Red Dragon is a poor excuse for a weapon because people like the speed and superfluous amount of bullets because it's "cool." I just prefer "good" over "cool" and I can't convince anyone otherwise...clearly.

SandsOfTime404

Philanthropist
Reaction score

Eh you've convinced me. I use The Enforcer as a primary anyhow. It's a lot more practical in my opinion. The Red Dragon is just nice if I want to pull off a shot or two that's slightly out of blunderbuss range. I'd venture to say 80% of the time though it's close quarters combat, so my only real option is to blast them back with The Enforcer. Can't waste time plugging six shots into an enemy (save a headshot) when the blunderbuss does it in one most of the time no matter where you hit.

ronm100

Reaction score

The Daichy and the legendery Turrent(forgot its name)

Pure, without aguaments(maby you get aguaments with the wepon dont remember)
I just dont fill like messing with all those aguaments

S

SerenadeTheNight

Definitely the Daichi and the Red Dragon.

SandsOfTime404

Philanthropist
Reaction score

ronm100;401154 said:
The Daichy and the legendery Turrent(forgot its name)

Pure, without aguaments(maby you get aguaments with the wepon dont remember)
I just dont fill like messing with all those aguaments

The legendary turret rifle is The Perforator.

And all of the legendary weapons have augments and they can't be removed or added to. I'd look into learning a bit about the augments though. They'll often make many non-legendary weapons a better fit in a situation.

S

Sir Muffin

the Diachi katana and Hal's Rifle

po1s3n

Banshee killer
Reaction score

i love daichi <3 its the megan fox of weapons

Reaction score

For good The diachi for miles. But my evil weapon choice has to be the wrechenger (you get it if you got the origonal collectors edition) It has moderate damage but the augaments certainly make up for the lack of damage

MetroidHunter26

*pew pew pew*
Reaction score

Four Aug Master Katana/Cutlass/Longsword and Master Flintlock Rifle/Pistol (I have some good augments I get before the Crucible so I get more gold AND Experience :p) and for Legendary Weapons I would say the Daichi and The Perferator for strengths. but My favorite to play with is the Hals Rifle and the Red Dragon and Enforcer. The Melee weapons are just what ever I get I'll use. -_-

po1s3n

Banshee killer
Reaction score

Daichi ( *drools*) and perforator (*double drool*), the royal sceptre with some nice augments is the bee's knee's, i have yet to actually be good enough to get the red dragon though

Bluedrake

Reaction score

Judge's steel or Wretcher's blade (I don't use melee weapons much, so I pick them based on looks). I use a foor-augment flintlock rifle (devastation, luck and life, luck and skill and power and wealth augments). It kills balverines in two shots from the hip. :D

melandor0

Reaction score

Daichi, Red Dragon and basically all Master firearms. I love the firearms.

iGamerNewb

Undead Slayer.
Reaction score

Acestyler;388484 said:
Tell me ur ideas of your favorite weapon :D

For now it's the:
Master Cutlass With 4 Augment Slots.
  • Divine Luck Augment
  • Mighty Oak Augment
  • Luck and Life Augment
  • Beauty and the Beast Augment

And

Master Repeater Crossbow With 4 Augment Slots.
  • Divine Luck Augment
  • Positively Charged Augment
  • Flame's Gift Augment
  • Luck and Life Augment

Those are my 2 favorite weapons to use, especialy on the Hollow Men hehehe :thumbsup: