• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What kind of music is everyone into?

C

capt_moroni

What kind of music is everyone into?

And why of course!
What kind of music fills your Ipod? Zune? Computer? CD's? Cassettes? or Records if you'r me and my dad. ^_^

I love bands with passion, for music in general, or the subject at hand.
As such, the first two bands I usually list are.

Led Zeppelin - Almost unparalelled passion for music. All members virtuoso at their craft. Every instrumentalist (Pages, Jones, and Bonham) is in a circle of arguable 'greatest' in their field. Robert Plant's voice was wide ranged and unique for the time and medium. They embody most what rock and roll is about. Really good, make you want to dance music that generally focuses on love and passion.

Coheed and Cambria - (I'll be crucified for this one I know it) As far as I know one of the only 'Concept Bands" around. The basis for all of their music is a fictional story written by their lead vocalist (Claudio Sanchez). The emodiment of characters and emotion in the music, coupled with the sometimes awkward (though intentional) use of lyrics, to create a character that is believable and essentially real. The exteneded jams and eerie progressive rock interludes are complex and well executed. Plus, all the members are very adept at what they do.

Other bands I enjoy.
Pink Floyd, The Who, [[Fall Out Boy and Panic at the Disco]] (I do enjoy the driving pop punk of Fall Out Boy and the Beatles-inspired sound that Panic has put into their new album, call them guilty pleasures, if you will).
I'm also a big fan of "acoustic" rock, Goo Goo Dolls, Carbon Leaf, Sister Hazel, The Fray, and others.
I love Jazz.
And Classical and Romantic composers. (Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms, Shubert, Chopin, Rachmaninov, etc)
Beethoven and Paginini were the first rockstars man. lol.

( I'm aware there are other posts about this subject. I found two or so of them, but they were all closed. =-(. )

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: What kind of music is everyone into?

I was raised largely on country and western music - something which still haunts me to this day. Emmy Lou Harris made me want to eat my own head (sorry mum!). Also listened to the Carpenters, Meat Loaf, Gershwin, 10cc, REM, Bruce Springsteen, Linda Ronstadt, Bryan Adams, Simon and Garfunkel, FOCUS, Queen etc etc.

Now I'll listen to almost anything so long as there is no sexual language, like in a lot of rap and R&B, or profanity (I really don't see the need for it within music). If a song grabs me, I'll listen to it regardless of genre. I like God Squad music but not much of it as the majority is too saccharin sweet and fluffy for my tastes - much prefer lyrcis to have some realism and grit to them rather than "I sit on my cloud above all the world's troubles and feel suitably smug that it's not me suffering" type stuff.

Don Francisco is nothing short of awesome though - his songs are literally stories which are sung and even though some are almost 10 minutes long, you don't notice the time because you are wanting to hear the end of the story...

I'm also a big fan of instrumental music such as a CD I have from Kansas which is largely piano, flute and cello. Acoustic music, such as Paul Oakley's Unafraid album, makes me a happy camper as does the screaming genius of Demon Hunter...

Classical is great - I really enjoy Vivaldi and Pachelbel - but also brass music (just watch Brassed Off and everything played is just perfect)...

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

I listen to music that is able to grab me, and carry an enjoyable atmosphere. Music that's able to make me think about alot of things, like I'm able to drift off and day-dream.

Genres I like & listen to include: Trance, Heavy Metal, Ambient, Trip-Hop, Jazz, Hair Metal, New Wave, J-Pop, J-Rock, Classical Symphony, Thrash Metal, Death Metal (Melodic), Progressive Metal, Electronic, Cyber Punk, Big Band, 80's Pop, Symphonic Metal/Rock, Japanese Karaoke, Speed Metal, Grunge, Underground Hip-Hop (That deals with Politics), Opera, Progressive Death Metal, Hard Rock, Big Rock, Indie Rock, Indie Trip-Hop, Indie New Wave, Indie J-Pop, Indie J-Rock, Indie Pop, Japanese Punk Rock, J-Metal, VideoGame Music, Kabuki, Trance Metal, Electronic Metal, Industrial Pop and on extremely rare occasions... Japanese Happy Hardcore & Industrial Metal. :ninja:

I love music that carries an excellent and catchy rhythm, I don't usually pay much attention to lyrics in songs, but instead to the instruments. Unfortunately, there's alot of mainstream Hip-Hop songs out there with great rhythm and instrumentals, but they're ruined by the terrible & redundant lyrics that predictably deal with sex, constant swearing (I don't mind swearing in music, except when the swearing is 70% of all the lyrics), *****es, and "Po-Po took my drugs and money", thus making me hate the mainstream form of the genre. Same for Pop, I don't actually mind Indie Pop, some of it is pretty damn creative and unique, but yet I can't stand the American mainstream form of that genre, which uses sex to sell, and has a poor amount of creativity & intelligence, as with mainstream Hip-Hop.

I'm a sucker for mostly 80's music and definitely Japanese music, Chinese music can at times please me very much as well, but I find it hard to find Chinese music these days. :(

I was mostly raised on classic rock though, like Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Rush, Queen, etc. Until later in the years I began expanding my taste in music with bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Nirvana, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Journey, David Lee Roth, etc. And then everything just started to fall into place when I began watching foreign films from Japan, China, Korea, England, and hearing these forms of music I've never heard before, and it got me hooked ever since. :)

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

I like pretty much everything except for rap music. Although, I find myself listening to soft rock-type music more than anything. I'm not really all that fussy when it comes to music to be honest; as long as it has a catchy tune then I'll probably like it.

By the way: I use a super silky Sony Walkman Bean for listening to all my music:

Sony_Walkman_Bean.jpg

I don't know if Sony sells then anymore as I believe they've been replaced with newer sleeker models but if you can get a Sony Walkman Bean on the cheap then I'd definitely recommend one. I brought a black one for Sharon on her birthday and a while one for myself shortly after. The pair of 'em cost £150 combined but definitely worth it.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

I listen to Rap and Rock n Roll. They are all on my old computer and some on this laptop.

... I listen to about all the hardcore or underground stuff... But I also have a nag for soft music some times and with a bit of anime music.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

projectego;184254 said:
I like pretty much everything except for rap music. Although, I find myself listening to soft rock-type music more than anything. I'm not really all that fussy when it comes to music to be honest; as long as it has a catchy tune then I'll probably like it.

By the way: I use a super silky Sony Walkman Bean for listening to all my music:

Sony_Walkman_Bean.jpg

That looks like a bizarre cross of a sex toy and a shaving machine. :wacko:

Anyway, I'm into most kinds of metal, but I've also got a soft spot for Classic Rock of the old (and better) days. You have to respect the classics that brought the genres of rock and metal where they are today. The Rolling Stones for example is a superb band who, in this pervert's opinion, can put many of the bands today to shame still. I love The Beatles. Psychedelic Rock for the win, goo goo gatchtjoob. Gotta respect the biggest band ever, they were bigger than Jesus!

What I can't stand is "Pop" by which I mean just about every single genre to ever make it into Eurovision Song Contest (besides Lordi - rock on!). Not that big a fan of Rap or Hip-Hop because I don't get the whole sub-culture associated with it.

R

RPG player

Music i listen to:Heavy,Death,Trash Metal,A few Soundtracks,Sometimes rock(rarely)
Music i don't hate but don't listen to:Rap
Music I hate: Pop

And you can just view ppl's profiles and see what they listen to ;) :lol::ninja:

F

FableFreak

I am into the good kind of music.

C

capt_moroni

Buddy Rich said that there are only two types of music.
Good and bad.
haha.

andythegill

I have a cunning plan
Reaction score

Loads I like but on my windows media playlist I listen theres, Led Zeppelin Slipknot, fort minor, metallica, korn, within temptation, thine eyes bleed, pantera, dimmu borgir, nickelback, nightwish, SOAD, children of bodom, disturbed, lynard skynyrd, deep purple.

...yep.

O best song on there has got to be The great southern trendkill- pantera.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

I'll show you the kind of music I am not into:

YouTube - Blazin Squad - Crossroads

It's a track called "Crossroads" by a British "band" called "Blazin' Squad". An old chav band. I dunno what kind of genre this tripe falls under but it drives me mental every time I hear it.

Blazin' Squad are also a bit of a laughing stock nowadays, too. They haven't released a track in ages now, so I'm assuming they've all been lynched.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Yeah, you love it...

Z

Zingo

I like rock. Used to listen to a lot of metal but for the last year I've only been listening to TMBG.

And what might They Might Be Giants play?
According to them, PopRock.
According to me, poprock with a large portion of jazz and some insanity. Or genius... the difference between insane and genius is hair thin.

Anyway, I listen to them becuase the lyrics reflect very much in my personal life. And the music is very calming which is good 'cos I'm in a period of great stress right now.

C

Chicken Kicker

Hmm. I think my favorite bands are Three Days Grace, Metallica, Breaking Benjamin, Ac Dc, Drowning Pool, and Slipknot. The way i chose these as my favorites- I picked the bands that have the most songs that i like. I enjoy some rap songs but am getting more and more annoyed by them every day. I find that the lyrics all revolve around the same things i.e. drugs and sex, and cars and that you cant understand half of the lyrics. I also like about all of the songs from Guitar Hero. I am especially beginning to dig some of the bonus songs from those games. i.e. F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X by Fall of Troy, and Take this life by In Flames, also Generation Rock by Revolverhead (Its German but B.A. nonetheless) Well that pretty much sums it up!

The Annoying Hoverer

I'm the slightly stupid one!!!
Premium
Reaction score

i like good charlotte, lost prophets, linkin park, breking benjmin, lighthouse, halo, pod, disney, hsm, 3 dors down and lots of books that you can get on cd

C

capt_moroni

we built this city. we built this city on rock and rooooooooolllllll......

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

FableFreak;184410 said:
I am into the good kind of music.

These words, though obvious, are words of truth.

black.

There's Blood In The Water
Reaction score

One word describes me: METALHEAD. I am absolutely obsessed with Metal in all forms, from Melodic Death Metal(which is TEH uberness) like Children Of Bodom(aka the Greatest Metal Band Ever), to Groove Metal like the American Badass-ness of Pantera(R.I.P Dimebag). I also love Metalcore like As I Lay Dying, and of course I'm a huge fan of Bullet For My Valentine. Those guys have a serious knack(thanks to Firefox for correcting the spelling on that one...who knew it was spelled with a K?) for mixing heavy rhythms with great melody, while still being accessible to people who don't normally listen to metal. In most of the bands I listen to, the members are quite adept with their instruments, which is a big draw for me. I play guitar and bass, and I'm learning drums and keyboard, so I'm constantly on the look out for bands that play their instruments well.

Crookedstep

Cornish Acid..?
Reaction score

A cross between NIN and Aphex Twin.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

black.;187231 said:
I'm a huge fan of Bullet For My Valentine. Those guys have a serious knack(thanks to Firefox for correcting the spelling on that one...who knew it was spelled with a K?) for mixing heavy rhythms with great melody, while still being accessible to people who don't normally listen to metal.

Also excellent Live i must add. ^_^