• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What new will powers would you like to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xMrMuffin

Resident Lurker.
Reaction score
Re: What new will powers would you like to see?

I don't mind the magic system in Fable II in comparison to Fable, and the spell animations can get very boring, it would have been better if there were three or four different animations for each spell and each time you cast its a random one. Hopefully, Fable III will have something better.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

DropDeadTim;358276 said:
50 years wouldn't be enough for a "Uber Awezomez Spell" to be found, but after seeing Fable to Fable II.

Most likely Fable III is just going to be lazy and upgrade some of the old spells from Fable II, like they did with assasin rush, and maybe add a new one that people won't use but it's there to look nice in the spell option menu.
What he said - except for the part about "Uber Awezomez Spell"

I HATE how they managed the fire spell AOE...

I mean, I'm no animatior - but I could create a much more believeable spell, than a ring appearing... disappearing... appearing in larger scale... disappearing... appearing in an even larger scale...

C'MON!

Just make a spell that makes baddies soil them selves, like a stun spell.
You could even use it on your dog:

"What's that Spike? You don't wanna go nr. 2 right now?"
"Well how's this!!?!?!"

Pew, pew (missing dramatic magic poop sound)

Healing spell is out of the question , now that they removed the health bar.

Perhaps a force push augmentation? would be fun sending baddies flying :lol:

The Midnight Avenger

He Who Wears White Addidas
Reaction score

Necromancer11;358279 said:
I'd like to see all of Fable 2's spells stay, and I'd also like a comeback from those spells in TLC that did things other than direct damage to your enemy. I realize that chaos, raise dead, and time control in Fable 2 didn't directly do damage to your enemies, but there's still multi-arrow, multistrike, berserk (my favorite spell of the Fable series), physical shield, and heal life. I'd also like a water-type spell and an earth-type spell to go along with inferno and vortex for a 'four elements' kind of feel.

Funny you should say that, because berserk was also my favourite spell of all time in Fable. I was almost heart broken when they didn't bring it back in II. I must admit though, I did cry when I realized how short of a selection we were to choose from.

If there were any spell I would EVER bring back from Fable, it would most definitely be beserk. Physically, I don't want my guy to be some hulkinh mass, but I would like to use magic to get there at an instant and for a short duration until I turn back into a skinny little magic user.

jb0wns

Sword Pro ;)
Reaction score

heres a thought, how about invisbility or a freeze spell

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

vortex back please!

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

I believe that in Fable III there will be the classic spells used by hero's: lighting, force push and fireball. I doubt there will be many spells as Fable The Lost Chapters or Fable II. Because the magic is weakening and the hero already uses gauntlets in order to cast spells on enemies. Plus, consider that the spells will get even more powerful on how much you use them (and also, you can combine two different spells as one, which is a great feature for Fable III's game-play)

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Wheres the reasoning behind 'magic is weakening'. Just because ppl dont use it doesnt mean it is weaker, just a bit forgotten. and anything forgotten, with time, can be learned again (just look at long term amnesia patients)

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

joslen1;413691 said:
Wheres the reasoning behind 'magic is weakening'. Just because ppl dont use it doesnt mean it is weaker, just a bit forgotten. and anything forgotten, with time, can be learned again (just look at long term amnesia patients)

The ways of will are forgotten. In Fable II people were scarred by the use of magic, because they didn't even know the existence of it. THe few people that are aware of magic are the hero's, Theresa and Lucien. Probably the various men of Lucien too.

However, it was limited and in Fable III magic will be even more limited in my opinion. Therefore magic is weak anymore, people forgot its existence, many and many generations were born and none of them heard of will outside of folklore and fables.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Youve just answered my question and proved me right in one fell swoop. Magic isn't weakening, peoples tolerance and understanding of the art is. You had me slightly worried that lionhead were turning a dimmer switch on my fave weapon

orion

soldier of the fallen
Reaction score

i was never a huge fan of will in fable 2 but i liked it a little more in TLC. But it seemed that more times than not combat ended in melee or guns anyway. i still upgraded will though.

Back on topic i would like to see blades from fable 2 or some original spells.

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

I want slow time, and I want it to increase your speed as well. I want shield, and I want it to damage attackers. I want magic imbuing into weapons. I want to sacrifice health for magic, and vice versa. I want turn demon, and angelic. I want to shatter people's minds so that they fight and follow you around. I want to turn followers into creatures. I want to summon forth spirits into your body to empower your abilities, magic, health, and defense. I want to absorb the life force of others around you, to permanently add to your stats, at the cost of morality, that you can never get back. I want to set up a circle of fire where enemies cannot run from you. I want to summon ancient and powerful equipment to use for a limited amount of time. I want to temporarily fuse with others around you to add to your stats and add to morality, afterwards they may be psyched to become heroes themselves. I want to jump into creatures and possess them, adding your power to them, and use them as a host for a temporary amount of time. I want to call down lightning from the clouds to strike and burn your enemies in hell fire.

I think I forgot a few..

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score

i want beserk back, but your armor is more realistic, and snaps and breaks, which would make cool armor stuff like a arm thing and that's it. i want to be able to fuse magicks to get wierd effects. if it's supposed to be alchemy make it so. i want to have like a soul sword that you upgrade, that comes out of thin air

Karmasb!ch

Antidisestablishmentarian
Reaction score

the idea of magic weakening is annoying to me, PM mentions numerous times that fable 3 wont be the last fable, so why would magic keep getting weaker, by the 4th game ur hero will be using sparklers and firecrackers lol i think will needs to be revived in fable 3, reteach the world and restore the guild :p

Paragon

The Ghoul
Reaction score

I agree that the magic weakening thing is annoying. I think it's really stupid that by the time the Hero of Bowerstone's children are adults, stupid gauntlets are needed just to use will.

As for my wish... I would love to see a will power where you can freeze enemies!!

Knifeboy

Reaction score

I really want to see Weapon summoning as well although i'm almost sure there wont be any. I also liked berserk from 1 and the blades from 2. I think the idea of trapping your foes with a ring of fire is a great idea and maybe some kind of charm spell that temporarily makes people think your the greatest coolest hero ever. There is one spell I really want which is summon a couple of your rebels to help you for a small period of time and they get better with not only how much you use it but how strong your rebellion is / how far through the game you are.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

I'd like an area of effect version of inferno spell, like a magic flamethrower.

king_reaver

Reaction score

legendary gauntlet made by william black, maze, weaver,and garth?
it would be fun idea.

Knifeboy

Reaction score

legendary gauntlet
hey yeah now that magic is a physical object their might be some legendary ones although i dont know how they would work.

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

Anyone remember the final spirit bomb Goku summoned forth to defeat Buu ?

Everyone on earth even the plants and animals, sent their life force to him to power that thing. I would love to see powers that suck life force out of people around them (weak people), or a power that others that like you can add to, be of use.

Imagine using a spirit bomb on the final boss, hell yes.

Reaction score

Shadow Knight;414118 said:
Anyone remember the final spirit bomb Goku summoned forth to defeat Buu ?

Everyone on earth even the plants and animals, sent their life force to him to power that thing. I would love to see powers that suck life force out of people around them (weak people), or a power that others that like you can add to, be of use.

Imagine using a spirit bomb on the final boss, hell yes.

Haha, You just gave me over 9000 great memories from My childhood with that statement. A spirit bomb would be epic.

Mind You don't destroy the entire planet while Your at it though. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.