• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponge Master

Reaction score
Hey guys,

As you may know, i need to make nearly 9,000,000 gold in order to make all the good decisions and save every possible villager. Some people have been kind enough to give me some money, but i still need LOOOOOADS!
I am a 5 star lute player, and i'm slowly gathering money, should i spend this money on property, giving me a stable income, but wasting tens or hundreds of thousands on them? (if yes, what stands, shops ect. should i buy) Or should i simply carry on lute hero-ing 'til I have 8.6 million gold?

By the way, if you are able to send me some spare gold It'd be appreciated. My Gamertag is 'Sponge Master 3'

Thanks guys :)

Braindeer

Reaction score
Buy shops - you don't have to pay to repair them all the time, but you still get the income from them as you would if you rented out houses. Then go off and do some side missions, and wait for the gold to accumulate!

I bought pretty much all the shops in Bowerstone Market, and a few big ones in Brightwall (blacksmith, pub etc) and it didn't take too long to amass enough of a fortune to save all the civilians.

I'd give up on jobs and lute-ing - it'll take forever and it gets reaaaallly dull after a while. If you've got rent coming in every five minutes you're free to go off and do something more fun. Like kill stuff.

r5v3n

Indifferent Member
Reaction score
Yup, Braindeer's right. Anyway, you dont need to amass 9m! Its only 8.5 for the goody-goody characters and 800k for the bad guys. You can get about 700k in silver key chests, 1,400,000 on the Weight of the World sidequests and 1m in the Sunset house demon door.

Early on in the game (specifically, in the Quest for Page's alliance) I bought two Pawnbrokers, after that I got gold fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.