• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Whats better PS3 Wii or Xbox 360

C

cometojames

Whats better PS3 Wii or Xbox 360

Well i thought i might start on a thread on what is the best console. personlly i think the xbox 360 is by far the best but others say different. What you thing?:ninja:

S

shadowpark

Re: Whats better PS3 Wii or Xbox 360

im not sure this is the right place for this thread.. try greatwood park (gaming threads that are non-fable)

C

cometojames

well there is nothing else to talk about ffable 2 till we hear any more

H

Hexadecimal

cometojames;53089 said:
well there is nothing else to talk about ffable 2 till we hear any more

there are always new and exciting things to talk about on the Fable 2 front... that's why we have this section... just look around and check out some of the threads...

Mike398214

Death Ranger
Reaction score

Wii & 360 til I FREAKEN die...

PS3 is going to die and when it does I am going to **** on it's grave...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

*Thread Moved

Its all about personal preference really i personally prefer the Xbox 360 the best as its got good hardware and i like the design and i like the line-up of games on it. The Wii is an interesting idea and i like what they have done with it but i will never buy one as i dont really want to be waving my arms around and such and the games dont appeal to me. We havent got PS3 here yet so i cant say alot about it but have to say the line up of exclusive games for it is looking quite bleak so far to warrant me paying £480 for one when they come out.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

it does all depend on Preference. I can't pick between the consoles very easily. some games come out exclusively for differen't systems. they each have their pro's and cons.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Well it depends what you mean by better.

the Wii will make alot more money, because it appeals to a wider range of ages.

The Playstation is gonna be sweet, since its oldschool and most people prefer the controls. Also improved graphics and old games are sure to be remade.

The XBox has great graphics, and a large fan base. Not to mention great games as well.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I have none of the above but here's my two pennies worth anyways, because I like to stick my nose into other people's business.

From what I have seen/heard of the Wii, I am not particularly impressed. I don't like wireless anything just coz it would really tick me off if there was a lack of responsiveness. The games look pretty awful so far and unless you have a wide living space, it's kinda crappy to be waving your arms around and running the risk of breaking something - possibly yourself. Kids might enjoy it more, but to me it's not a console to be taken seriously.

The ps3 looks sweet but with the price tag it would have to be seriously damn good to make it worth the money. I'd only really get one to play GTA again (reminiscent sobbing) and for Steve to play DMC4 so he can stick it on his other site and make more money...hehehe....I've heard it's fully backwards compatible and if this is indeed the case and it will also play old psOne games then that could sway me further.

Xbox 360 does interest me, not least because I wanna be able to play Fable 2 when it is released. For the most part, the graphics and gameplay look pretty hot but the only thing that puts me off is the necessity to buy an HD ready tv in order to get the full benefit (and be able to read the super hi-res in-game text). Don't have posh telly, so basically, it'll cost me £279 approx for the full console + extra bits and then another £400-£500 on top of that for a decent telly. Bit pricey and I have yet to see a selection of games that appeal to me. They are expensive and nearly everything seems to be either sports related or shooters - neither of which interest me at all.

If I had to buy one or I'd be shot in the head, then I'd go for the Xbox 360 but only coz of Fable 2...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;53216 said:
For the most part, the graphics and gameplay look pretty hot but the only thing that puts me off is the necessity to buy an HD ready tv in order to get the full benefit (and be able to read the super hi-res in-game text).

Not necessary on ALL games only Dead Rising in my experience so far as Lost Planets was fixed before it was released. The games still look gorgeous on standard TV's and ive only recently got a HDTV so...

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Angel;53216 said:
If I had to buy one or I'd be shot in the head, then I'd go for the Xbox 360 but only coz of Fable 2...

What a ringing endorsement XD :lol: you cracked me up with that one +rep

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

PS3 FTW!

L

LionHeadTex

Some people just have different opinions, and perspectives. Though this might be true, I will give you a lowdown on the consoles, in MY opinion..

The Playstation 3:For me, games like "Resistence:Fall of Man" really dissapointed me graphics wise...though if you like the classic playstation controlls..and you really don't care about the graphics, the PS3 is the console for you..hopefully. Mostly, the gameplay makes up for the great loss ^_^

The Nintendo Wii: More of the same as the PS3..the graphics are slightly better though. And aside from the three new mack-daddies this year, the Nintdo Wii has some amazing games like Rayman:Raving Rabbits and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and the controlls for games like these and the others are perfect. Of course, you know about the num-chucks and the wii remote..etc etc. Honestly, it's the controllers and the difference to all the other consoles that really makes the Wii a winner :cool:
(Also, you can go on the internet on the Nintendo Wii, make a profile and a little character (or a "mii"), chat..and many more things..the Wii was a real suprise for me, personally, this year ^_^)

The Xbox "360": Of course, the Xbox 360 has the greatest graphics of all of the consoles...many great games like Gears of War, and the upcoming Halo 3 game...xbox live can be laggy and messed up though. But the shier bliss and beautiful gameplay of this console makes it so godly over the others. Every game has xbox live, really, and you can start chats, send invites to games, even form clans while you are playing a game! There are also Microsoft Points, which are a Xbox Live feature, allowing you to buy videos, demos, skins, and much more. The possibilities are endless!

What is my personal favorite console? Well, I would say the 360. But lets not forget about the PC...there are many games coming out for this great system and a Mac also!

But it's still good that gamers have many choices of gameplay and experience :lol:

Well, that's what I think :ninja:

-LHT

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I seriously think the Wii is underrated. My younger brother got one like a week ago without telling me, I am eagerly waiting to try it out :)

L

LionHeadTex

I guess no rep for that review :'(

Anyway, droded,

I personally think the Wii is awesome, too.

What would be better?

A Xbox:Wii60 :lol:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I still think there should be one game console to get rid of all this stupid competition for money. Plus then they could focus their energy more. :unsure:

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

(Tex)
Well I sort of skimmed through your review, agreed with most of it so I guess +Rep (As I am feeling Benevolent)

Your wrong, a Playstation Wii60!

L

LionHeadTex

droded;53372 said:
(Tex)
Well I sort of skimmed through your review, agreed with most of it so I guess +Rep (As I am feeling Benevolent)

Your wrong, a Playstation Wii60!

It's ok..

But the Playstation part doesn't mean bad graphics..oooh no!:lol:

Seph:
I agree, the competition is getting into a raging financial war. Soon enough, people will just forget about buying a console, price wise or competition wise.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

LionHeadTex;53359 said:
Some people just have different opinions, and perspectives. Though this might be true, I will give you a lowdown on the consoles, in MY opinion..

The Playstation 3:For me, games like "Resistence:Fall of Man" really dissapointed me graphics wise...though if you like the classic playstation controlls..and you really don't care about the graphics, the PS3 is the console for you..hopefully. Mostly, the gameplay makes up for the great loss ^_^

The Nintendo Wii: More of the same as the PS3..the graphics are slightly better though. And aside from the three new mack-daddies this year, the Nintdo Wii has some amazing games like Rayman:Raving Rabbits and Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and the controlls for games like these and the others are perfect. Of course, you know about the num-chucks and the wii remote..etc etc. Honestly, it's the controllers and the difference to all the other consoles that really makes the Wii a winner :cool:
(Also, you can go on the internet on the Nintendo Wii, make a profile and a little character (or a "mii"), chat..and many more things..the Wii was a real suprise for me, personally, this year ^_^)

The Xbox "360": Of course, the Xbox 360 has the greatest graphics of all of the consoles...many great games like Gears of War, and the upcoming Halo 3 game...xbox live can be laggy and messed up though. But the shier bliss and beautiful gameplay of this console makes it so godly over the others. Every game has xbox live, really, and you can start chats, send invites to games, even form clans while you are playing a game! There are also Microsoft Points, which are a Xbox Live feature, allowing you to buy videos, demos, skins, and much more. The possibilities are endless!

What is my personal favorite console? Well, I would say the 360. But lets not forget about the PC...there are many games coming out for this great system and a Mac also!

But it's still good that gamers have many choices of gameplay and experience :lol:

Well, that's what I think :ninja:

-LHT

Well written. +Rep
You have all three consoles? Have you played Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom?

I choose consoles for the games. I chose NES SNES and N64 for the Zelda series. Picking the Xbox over the gamecube was hard because of wind walker but I think they took a step back with the graphics and I don't like the idea of needing the gameboy for parts of it. When I heard about Fable my decision was made XBOX it was.

The Wii looks really cool I may have to get it as well as the 360. If they don't come out with the black 360 Zephyr soon I might get a Wii to hold me over.
Has anyone played Twilight Princess on both the Gamecube and the Wii. I might get a GC for $60 US and play Twilight Princess until Fable 2 comes out.