• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's more Evil...?

Handicap

Reaction score
Okay so I'm currently doing a fully evil playthrough of Fable 3.
I'm currently just before the point where you Commission the Albion army and effectively decide how many citizens live/die.
Now I don't know what to do!?
I'm not sure what is more evil...
To save all 6,500,000 citizens, or to take all the money from the treasury and let them all die.
If either choice gives no morality then which choice more beneficial to my game? Are there any detrimental effects to letting all 6,500,000 die? Likewise are there any benefits to saving them all?

If there are no benefits/detriments either way, and no morality is gained/lost either way. Then ask yourself this; What would you do if were a selfish, greedy, evil, spawn-of-satan Tyrant?

Would you:

A. Donate to the treasury just enough to save everyone (in the case of taking all evil options it's about 2mil).

B. Take all the money from the treasury and let everyone die.

C. Leave the treasury as is and just continue on (resulting in about 2mil casualties).

What should I do!? Help me O' fellow Heroes/Villains!
Or not, depending on your morality standing :p

Thanks,

~Handicap

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
If I can recall my evil playthrough correctly (it was some time ago and I'm currently partway through a new one), I elected to take all the money for myself. And spend it on stupid clothes for my gay-but-married-anyway male hero.

Your choices affect the ending you get at the end of the game, I seem to remember, but ultimately the NPCs of Albion are a fickle lot and it seems that no matter what you do, they'll react in a bizarre way. I've been super duper good and they've all hated me and I've been unbelievably evil and they've been applauding me in the streets. It's just a weird Fable 3 thing whereby it doesn't seem to really matter on that scale what you do. So if it does affect your morality, it doesn't appear to make a blind bit of difference to how the NPC's treat you.

Plus, if you choose to kill them all, the only real obvious outcome is empty towns when you come to carry on after the ending. They take a while to come back again (must have intensive breeding camps somewhere because if they're all dead, where in the heck do the new people come from??) but they do eventually. The choices you make as an evil monarch do affect your morality in the sense that if you choose to turn one place into an outlet for waste and another into a mine, the people there are going to be understandably iffy with you. But if you play the lute enough, they seem to like you again. It's...odd.

My advice? Keep the money - they'll only waste it on virtual food, virtual housing and virtual kids. You're far better off spending it on achievements, trading with other XBL gamers for weapons/clothing/items for more achievements and scoffing virtual food and drink until you puke. After all, you're in charge - screw their well-being. What have they ever done for you except moan anyway? ;)