• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Where's my bloomin family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigsaw86

Reaction score
I just completed the game with all the good moral choices. (Yay me!) However when i return to bowerstone market where my wife and son should be and where the game is telling me they are they're no where to be found.

Now normally I wouldn't really mind because they kind of get on my nerves but the game says they have presents for me. And I really like presents!

Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone know how I can get my presents and see my family again?

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
I know that sometimes when I look for my family they dissapear, in the castle at least. Try running around for a bit or move them to another house, one that is easy to navigate.

PaladinsLight

Reaction score
I have had a simular situation. I have a good character that I decided was time to marry. For one thing, I am very picky when choosing a wife. She has to look just right; so it took me a while to find the right one. So we tied the knot and I moved her to a nice home, overlooking the lake, then continued on to my adventures. Every once in a while I would stop in for a kiss/hug/quickie, then off again. While viewing the map while away, I noticed the heart icon was gone. I go back to our home and could not find her. Missing. So later on I marry again (wife looking almost the same as wife 1). So I move her in at another location. I go to check on her and she is wanting to go on a date. We take off, hand in hand, and before we make our destination, we get ambushed. My character immediately starts putting holes in bandits. When I turn around, I find wife #2 dead under the feet of a bandit. In a frenzy I make pulp out of the guy. I tell you, love hurts. hahahaha. I am only assuming wife #1 met the same fate while I was away. I love this game. :)

MMM

Reaction score
The same thing happened to me, after a while i became so frustrated i even tried to divorce them but the stupid thing still had me paying support to a family that wasn't even their
They lived in bowerstone so I'm really doughting they were killed by bandits, they disapered right after i killed the crawler,
but i could only save half the people did this have something to do with it and the game is just not yet recognizing their dead

Maniacal Ash`

Reaction score
^^ I never really thought abt either of these things happening to one of my families but I suppose it's possible for your family to be killed if you put them in a town that spawns bad guys or a town that has been effected by your poor choices as a king/queen, but you'd think the game would let you know in some way! Like, maybe have someone send a letter to you (like the way they sent u a letter in Fable II when you got caught cheating on your spouse)

It's HORRIBLE how outrageously UGLY 99% of the villagers are in the game, particularly if you're looking to marry a male (barf!), so I can definitely relate to the frustration of finding someone who is halfway decent looking just to have them get killed by a balverine on the way back from the wedding ceremony, lol

~@sh

enactment11

Chicken Rebel
Reaction score
This is why I never live in Millfields... or Silverpines.

Having said that, I panicked when my Elliot went missing, only to find him in the kitchen... cooking. In the castle. Thrice. Somehow he likes cooking.

MisterKittie

Reaction score
well iv herd stories of my friends moving their families into the old quarter(before the rebellion)and once the rebellion was over and the town got rebuild the family was just gone lol. So i would assume certain events in critical cities such as old quarter for the rebellion or bowerstone market for the fight with the crawler could cause the already very sensitive game to glitch or get confused into thinking the family was gone. I also learned if you dont save all the possible villagers at the end with the 6.5mil then some people in game vanish for good from your world. so losing half the population could possibly result in the loss of your family. but it hasnt happened to me soooo i cant tell you for shure lol

ohvegeta

Reaction score
I have a biological child and an adopted child (I live in the castle with my wife) and for whatever reason I can NEVER find my adopted child. I have to temporarily move my family to another house if I want to see her.

Jigsaw86

Reaction score
When I fought the war I ensured that I had the max gold and so had no casualties (I know I am great! :p) and they lived in the bowerstone market so i doubt they were killed my bandits. My wife whose name I can never be bothered to remember is NEVER in the blood kitchen or even the house. She just wanders around the town and collects my money! I was hoping however that because I did the super happy ending with no casualties the presents I would get from her and my son would be something special but the gift seeems to have been some iritating game of hide and seek instead.

Anyway thanks for all of the suggestions guys and I swear that dead or alive I will get my presents and my family back too.

MisterKittie

Reaction score
I have a biological child and an adopted child (I live in the castle with my wife) and for whatever reason I can NEVER find my adopted child. I have to temporarily move my family to another house if I want to see her.
yea i tryed that too lol, i think its because if you fire the nanny you lose the adopted child, there for you cant leave the child with any other family you have because it counts the child as a family with the nanny.

MisterKittie

Reaction score
When I fought the war I ensured that I had the max gold and so had no casualties (I know I am great! :p) and they lived in the bowerstone market so i doubt they were killed my bandits. My wife whose name I can never be bothered to remember is NEVER in the blood kitchen or even the house. She just wanders around the town and collects my money! I was hoping however that because I did the super happy ending with no casualties the presents I would get from her and my son would be something special but the gift seeems to have been some iritating game of hide and seek instead.

Anyway thanks for all of the suggestions guys and I swear that dead or alive I will get my presents and my family back too.
hmmm if shes not where you want her you could try holding her hand when you do find her and drag her to the location you want her to be. i noticed after date quests if i took the person away from their usual map, they begin to wander the map i left them on. so i dont think they can wander too far off it at all unless by glitch.

Briley

Reaction score
So I just adopted a child and moved her into the house all by itself in the Brightwall mountains (outside Brightwall of course). When I fast traveled to the house my child was nowhere to be found, and neither was the nanny. I had to drop some rare books off at the library so I traveled through town and happened to run into a small group of children playing. Lo and behold there was my adopted child playing with the other town children.
My guess is most of the time your family is missing because they are off running errands or visiting the town!

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
This is why I never live in Millfields... or Silverpines.

Having said that, I panicked when my Elliot went missing, only to find him in the kitchen... cooking. In the castle. Thrice. Somehow he likes cooking.

He does the same thing in my save too. I think he's programmed to be that way. He did seem to like messing with the stove when I previously put him in Brightwall. None of my other spouses did that, those lazy sods.

Kmart

Reaction score
I finished the game as well and my family lives in Bowerstone Market and have gone missing. It shows me that Elliot has a gift for me but I can't find him or my kids. I have looked everywhere. The only place I can't get into is the Castle Tower. The doors are still locked. Anyone get in?

Avarael

Reaction score
I got sick of my nanny and my kids were sent to the orphanage. In my bid to get them back, after ages of finding someone I liked I married again and had the wedding and house in Brightwall. After the wedding I dashed off to go get my kids but when I wanted to adopt them I found that I didn't have a wife anymore. I searched but to no avail. If she was going to leave me the least she could do was leave me a note. :'(

I don't know if it was a glitch or if she left or what. I'll never know. grr I wonder if she could have found out about my husband? XD naaah

RawrSaidTheSock

Professional Reaverphile
Reaction score
I was married to Elliot, unfortunately I HATE being married on Fable so I divorced (the only reason I married him is because I have a little crush on the guy that does his voice (he was in Skins, just in case you don't know its British TV show involving some teenagers) ) anyway, I didnt have any children or anything, but the game kept making me pay the family and wouldnt let me sell the house >.<

Avarael

Reaction score
... I didnt have any children or anything, but the game kept making me pay the family and wouldnt let me sell the house >.<
If I were a Fable spouse I would do the same in Elliot's position. Glitch the game and money, money, money.

... because it was clearly his doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.