• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who else thought the ending was terrible?

S

Saint Sigmund

Who else thought the ending was terrible?

I expected a huge, drawn out boss fight with Lucien...but what I got was a day on the farm and a magic box. Wtf Lionhead...wtf?

Feel free to voice your opinions as well as send me a friend request.

M

Minorthreat

Re: Who else thought the ending was terrible?

It fit rather well with the flow of the game. No fight was particularly difficult. The real boss fight to me was
the Shard after leaving reavers passage.

It was horrible in the sense that it was very vague. So much was left unanswered, of course to allow for sequels but this was too vague even for that. However it has also allowed us to have much debate and discussion over it and kept our interest going =)

In fact I think it was very fitting at the end in the spire,
after Lucien having shot your sister, and shot you twice now, that you put a bullet right between his eyes.

S

Saint Sigmund

That's a good point about Lucien, and the Shard.

Although I accidentally shot Lucien during his speech so I have no idea what he said. Haha

M

Minorthreat

Saint Sigmund;242205 said:
That's a good point about Lucien, and the Shard.

Although I accidentally shot Lucien during his speech so I have no idea what he said. Haha

Well another spoiler heh -
If you try to listen to Lucien's whole speech Reaver get's bored and shoots him anyway.

S

Saint Sigmund

That's pretty sweet. The guys at Lionhead obviously had a riot making this game.

D

dorvan Silrac

I enjoyed the ending, personally. The choices you were faced with at the end, however, not so fond of...

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

its not an ending at all. "hero your destiny has been fufilled leave now" bull**** man. I fealt no greatness at all playing as this hero. He was just a pawn like Lucien

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Saint Sigmund;242199 said:
I expected a huge, drawn out boss fight with Lucien...but what I got was a day on the farm and a magic box. Wtf Lionhead...wtf?
For your information, you wouldn't have one-shotted Lucien, if you didn't have the Magic Box. Without that Magic Box, it would have been a boss fight, as he still would had his powers.

Saint Sigmund;242208 said:
That's pretty sweet. The guys at Lionhead obviously had a riot making this game.
Haha, most likely. :lol:

Zarkes;242225 said:
its not an ending at all. "hero your destiny has been fufilled leave now" bull**** man. I fealt no greatness at all playing as this hero. He was just a pawn like Lucien
It is an open ending. Nobody confirmed it was a closed one, which could, most likely, mean that there will come new content, expansions, DLC. Of course, if I'm correct this already has been confirmed.
As I've said in response to the first quote; without the Magic Box, it would've been a real boss fight, but it seems Lionhead had to give you the damned bloody Magic Box! :realmad:

R

Rob004

The ending was a bit unfulfilling yes...

F

Flair

You see..... I actually find that ending on a sense that you've been manipulated, tricked, mislead better then a "WOOT, I'M A KICKASS HERO" ending.... which is the way most games end. Its interesting, and its far more human. Its things like that that get me so absorbed in the game.

The only problem I see if that most intelligent people will have worked out a fair while before the end that we are all Theresa's pawn, so when its made totally obvious at the end its less of a revelation and more of a comfirmation.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Saint Sigmund;242199 said:

Feel free to voice your opinions as well as send me a friend request.

I thought the ending was perfect, after the shard fight, it was time to bring him down, like the worm that he was. :unsure:
I had wondered what happened to the music box, and then it all fit in. :)

X

xdeathlessxone

Flair;242973 said:
You see..... I actually find that ending on a sense that you've been manipulated, tricked, mislead better then a "WOOT, I'M A KICKASS HERO" ending.... which is the way most games end. Its interesting, and its far more human. Its things like that that get me so absorbed in the game.

The only problem I see if that most intelligent people will have worked out a fair while before the end that we are all Theresa's pawn, so when its made totally obvious at the end its less of a revelation and more of a comfirmation.

yea i totally saw that there was something wrong with teresa wayway way before the ending, i cant remember specifically what it was but something made me think she was evil, like halfway through the game

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

There have been countless theories on whether Theresa is evil or not. There were even thoughts about her not being the real Theresa in this world, but in the void instead.

B

Butcher Wing

I liked the ending. I thought it was fitting, since he didn't have any special powers.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Butcher Wing;243074 said:
I liked the ending. I thought it was fitting, since he didn't have any special powers.

The music box took them, and it was so wonderfully easy to take him down.^_^

B

Butcher Wing

moonfever;243080 said:
The music box took them, and it was so wonderfully easy to take him down.^_^

Haha, yeah! It was funny seeing him all helpless. Not so tough, are you, Mr. Tough Guy? :D

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Butcher Wing;243083 said:
Haha, yeah! It was funny seeing him all helpless. Not so tough, are you, Mr. Tough Guy? :D

Exactly my thoughts.:p

M

Minorthreat

Butcher Wing;243083 said:

Did anyone else get cruel satisfaction by just tapping the A button repeatedly, instead of holding it down, and torture Lucien for 30 minutes before removing his barrier? Try it it's fun!:w00t:

Charliee!

Reaction score

Flair;242973 said:

So true man. Making this game special through a unique, different, non-cliché ending is what makes it a piece of art (Note that piece of Art is not equal to perfect).