• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

why are there no shields?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Re: why are there no shields?

*thinking the weirdest stuff for an excuse to include shields*: If another hero throws a fireball at you, you wouldn't be able to block it with your swords, would you? But blocking it with a metal shield wouldn't let it arm you at all! Even better: a wooden shield catches on fire, and can be thrown at the enemy to use his/her own attack against them!

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

id rather just have the ability to take cover behind a tree or industry

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

D3m190d;378529 said:
*thinking the weirdest stuff for an excuse to include shields*: If another hero throws a fireball at you, you wouldn't be able to block it with your swords, would you? But blocking it with a metal shield wouldn't let it arm you at all! Even better: a wooden shield catches on fire, and can be thrown at the enemy to use his/her own attack against them!

You do realize that metal is a great conductor of heat? Block blasts of flame with it wouldn't be all too clever.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score

Tsuyu;378546 said:
You do realize that metal is a great conductor of heat? Block blasts of flame with it wouldn't be all too clever.

Unless there is a gap of an inch between you and the metal, which would essentially warm you as much as holding your hand to the side of a pan.
Or you could make it out of water... (well, not. *weirdest stuff*)

So, maybe no shields indeed. But if the first game was a little more realistic, a shield would be much better to block arrows than a sword. A little too late now, though.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score

Holy Warrior;378474 said:
True shields have no place in the industrial age but it would atlest be nice to have them i like hanging onto the medieval stuff.

As I have previously said, riot shields might fit, I'm not sure how you would use them though.

Ink

The Last Emperor
Reaction score

Purple Nurple;378391 said:
It's the same with akimbo guns in MW2, I just feel it's unnecessary and slightly tacky. Of course, that's my opinion and I'm guessing that the majority of people do want it or else they wouldn't have included it.

Akimbo Rangers are amazing.:)

I wish they had of added shields in F1, TLC, and F2. But I don't think they will fit in F3. Maybe as a little easter egg, or gag item. But I don't think they should be involved seriously in the gameplay mechanics.

Dualist

Reaction score

What if there was a shield made out of hobbe pelt?

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score

I wanted to like have 2 swords and 2 targes, because that is awesome. i also wanted realistic armor. like it breaks when you do beserk, and you can keep the armor sleeve or whatever. also the hero was left handed in the first one

Wallace

MeeKrob
Reaction score

Raiden. Im ashamed. You've been here long enough to know not to Necro old threads. Tsk tsk.

SonofRaiden

Thread Killer/Necromancer
Reaction score

damn it. i didn't know

Status
Not open for further replies.