• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why are there so many hollow men? (rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
The fire gauntlet bandits are the worst, why do they even have magic they're meant to be brutish bandits and they all just look like saker.... sigh.

Maybe they're the long lost children (or grand grand grand grand grand children) of Twinblade?

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score
The fire gauntlet bandits are the worst, why do they even have magic they're meant to be brutish bandits and they all just look like saker.... sigh.

This, to me, is case in point of the unfortunately rushed/lazy feel of some aspects of the game. Those bandits really are virtually identical to Saker, who is a "boss" and one of your followers, so he's pretty recognizable. The first time one of these fireball bandits attacked me I was quite confused, and I had to go to the Road to Rule and check to see if he was still my follower. Then a group of bandits with two of him attacked me, which is just ridiculous. It really makes the models feel like cookie cutters

Which leads me to my next issue - As has been pointed out, there are too few enemy types. The fact that they're reusing the models of major plot characters for common bandit fodder pretty much proves it. There are, what, 10 enemy classes in the game, excluding variants of the same type (e.g., bigger hollow men, bigger hobbes)? I understand some, like trolls, have supposedly gone extinct or whatever. But as a sequel, Fable 3 should improve upon and diversify features the franchise already does well, not limit them (as I think they did with expressions as well).

The fanboy in me feels guilty even leveling such criticism at Lionhead and the Fable series in general. And don't get me wrong - any criticism that are made must be made with the understanding, I think, that Fable games really are better than any others in terms of overall freedom and creativity. But as far as the franchise is concerned, the enemy types in Fable 3 (among other gripes like expressions) really do disappoint.

The Dragon

Reaction score
I hate hollowmen and hobbes alike. The only cool thing about hobbes is the execution move with the hammer where you smush them into the ground, then they bounce back up and you play baseball with them :devil:

Bluedrake

Reaction score
I hate hollowmen and hobbes alike. The only cool thing about hobbes is the execution move with the hammer where you smush them into the ground, then they bounce back up and you play baseball with them :devil:

I don't mind Hollowmen. I just hate running into them every other encounter. The Demon chicken of doom was a nice addition though.:devil:

Reaction score
I have to agree with you, blazefire you must be in some serious denial. There arent any new enemies, Im not saying scrap all the old ones but jesus Im sick of fighting Hollowmen all the time!
Bruh i am not in denial? there is somebody above that even agreed with me, when you get up to high level,(maxed out like me) then they dont appear as much, its mostly just balverines and a bandit squad, but the stronger ones and the 2 big saker looking ones.and as for the balverines, my little brother wanted to do co op with me, and i was like ok maby we can go threw the catacombs like when we escaped from the castle, just to show hiim how everything works and hopefully run threw bats, we get down here, and i shi* you not there were atleast 50 balverines in the whole map and about 11 right when you come out to see the whole cavern, i was like o....and was like dang..., after i killed them and had to protect his weak ass, i thought about it(cuz that was unexpected) and its because of how strong you are, there is no hollow man that can take alot of punishment from a maxed out charecter, not even the big one that summons his own, and as for the bandit leader i can kill him in 5 shots from my dragonstomper 48. and the white balverine goes down in like 5 shots to. so nothing is really a challenge.
I'd rather fight hollowmen then the army hobbes. Annoying buggers.

Besides, who doesn't enjoy that satisfying sound the game makes when you just kill like 5 hollowmen at once with a single flourish?
I agree completly even though i dont fight alot cuz not alot appear.
The Sand Furies were essentially humans in a leather outfit. Wolves? No. The dark creatures were the only thing new and that got old quick.
There not really humans, well kinda, there humanoids, there is a sword thats description says it was used to kill all the males of the sand fury tribe, so there all "girls" well female.
Yeah, what is up with that? Whenever I fast travel to millfields there are always either mercs or balvarines running a muck trying to kill anyone they see.
If i ever move a second wife into mill fields, ii move them in to the most expensive house, thats the one closest to reavers, and rigth behind it a whole pack of balverine are always there pitted up agains one Pus*y ass soilder who dies in like a hit, so everytime i go there i have to kill them, and right down the road is a full pack of bandits with 2 saker looking guys.like why wouldnt they just give up.
hmm mine doesn't have that problem with the mercs or balverines, when ever I pass through Millfields there are none in sight around the population, only up in the mountains I find the occassional group.
What are your stats
I led my children into the hills and waited for balverines, once they came I ran away suspecting I would have a laugh and I turned my back for one second and looked back and they were gone... clearly Garth had it with my wife and they are magical :ermm:
If i get a holt to garth he is mine, so nuff said.
Balverines shouldn't even be human, fable 1 balverines>all others.

I agree on the excessive amount of hollowmen though, I don't even like hollowmen I preferred f1's undead. And there aren't any trolls in this game either sadface(well what I've seen so far)

The sand furies and minions are a nice touch, really hated that robot in Understone. And I wish they'd bring the faeries back. :(
On the balverine subject, the F1's were away better than F2's and F'3. I mean unlock the picture in your head and picture that huge white balverine, he would mess up anything on F3 and F2. nuff said.
I prefer the F 1 undead to, and read what i said above, i dont have alot, just in millfeilds, and ya the sand furies are cool.
Sucks there are no trolls, when they were making the game they said trolls were in there, and as for understone, what all happens can you message me and tell me, cuz im not buyin it if its not worth it.
I hate those caster hobbes though, those guys are annoying.
The only reason i hate hollowmen is because they make the hero weapons look like garbage if thats all you've been fighting. I had to reload like 6 times before I got decent looking bases for my weapons for weapon upgrade lvl 2. Bone morphs are awful :(
What exacly is the point you need to save to reload at, if i have to get another bone handle imma freak out.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
There not really humans, well kinda, there humanoids, there is a sword thats description says it was used to kill all the males of the sand fury tribe, so there all "girls" well female.

Their gender is irrelevant when it comes to whether they're human or not but considering their anatomy and the fact that they don't show any qualities of being some freak-monster-thing, I'm going to have to go ahead and call them "human".

Darkwolfdemon

Reaction score
It was odd that there were so many white balverines; I thought they were super rare. Like in Fable there was a mission to kill one while in Fable 3 they are in every group.
It was odd how bandits had magic (fireball, maybe others). After the first game its usually people being surprised that you are a hero and how you are the only one to be able to use magic and then after a few hours of gameplay you come across bandits or other people using magic left and right.
Also it is rather tiresome to walk into some area and have a ton of enemies in your way; after awhile I just ran past them. Also it is kind of annoying walking into millfields and seeing one solder trying to fight off several balverines while a few other balverines are busy eating the alcohol vomiting citizens (seriously, when do they stop vomiting?).

Reaction score
Their gender is irrelevant when it comes to whether they're human or not but considering their anatomy and the fact that they don't show any qualities of being some freak-monster-thing, I'm going to have to go ahead and call them "human".
Exacly what i just said, FEmale human

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
The Dark Creatures aren't new. They're just the Human Shadows from the Shadow Court, with WINGS!

Status
Not open for further replies.