• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why Fable I Wins, Skorm's Bow, and Some Questions

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
This is like, TWO posts in one dude. The Skorm part was taken out man.
---

Now, why I love Fable I over II or III.
1. A Quick Select feature where you could assign items.
2. Guile in the Skill category (including the Sneak and Lockpick feature).
3. The Bosses.
4. Co-existence between the Chapel and Temple through the entire game.
5. Character Models (at the time, those graphics were great).
6. Fist Fighting, the Fist Fighting Gangs, all that.
7. The readiness to use Roll, and Block already.
8. The fact Flourishes were only useable certain times.
9. Much more organized lists in the "Back Menu".
10. Bows.
11. Age as you level.
12. Storyline (compared to II and III).
13. The fact you belonged to the Hero's Guild.
14. Existence of the Hero's Guild.
15. The Controller layout where the Black and White buttons drew a melee/ranged weapon.
16. I ain't much of a will user, but I understand magic is more diverse in I.
17. Oakvale existed.
18. Bandit Camps, hirable Bandits.
19. Rivalry amongst Whisper.
20. Mercenary's.
21. The fact I could go no forever.

---

Questions...

I got the whole Skorm's Chapel down, but I ain't done. Tell me about the Temple. How do I use it correctly? Do I decrease in age? How do I get the special weapon (if any)?

Subject to change as I get more confused. Haven't played it in about a year or two.

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score
Similarly to the Chapel of Skorm in the sense that the more evil you are, the more evil you must to to get your reward, the more good you are, the more you need to donate to get your prize. Even so, at max goodness, if you donate 55000 gold, 1 gold, 1 gold in that order, you will receive the three prizes possible, which I believe are Goodness, age reduction, and the giant stick with spikes (not sure about the order). We can conclude that all donations are recorded and stack from this.

About the age reductions, a way to get multiple age reductions is to first donate 55000 gold and then start a quest that takes place in Knothold Glade. At the Temple of Avo, donate 1 gold (I do believe that the age reduction is the second "gift". I don't recall donating 55000 and losing 55000 every single time.) and get your age reduction. At this point you'll want to Hero Save (but don't do so too much or you can corrupt your save file, 12~15 saves to corrupt). You can also receive an age reduction from the Chapel of Skorm I believe.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Thank you Mr. Helpful, if possible I will totally 'rep' you if that still exists.

Khalin

Reaction score
11. Age as you level.
This is the one thing that I didn't like. But no matter, I made an excellent formula for gameplay that enables me to have an overpowered character while staying under age 30 without having to use a Hero Save, though if I used Hero Save once I could keep him 21, possibly 20 if I decide to wait until the Knothole Glade kidnapping quest [but that's too long of a wait in my opinion].

I got the whole Skorm's Chapel down, but I ain't done. Tell me about the Temple. How do I use it correctly? Do I decrease in age? How do I get the special weapon (if any)?

Subject to change as I get more confused. Haven't played it in about a year or two.
Arladerus covered pretty much everything. The first thing you get is the Sentinus, second thing you get is the age reduction, and thirdly you'll get the title change to Paladin. That title change only happens once though, so be careful. And remember that the age reduction will randomly reduce 5~10 years. Just keep reloading until you get the full 10 years. That's what I do, since I'm not a fan of a wrinkly hero.