• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why was the king part so damn short?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score
Seriously? they spendt years on how it was so secret oh you will love to become king or queen etc etc... 1 bloody hour as king in missions and quests..

HOW CAN THE TIMER JUMP FROM 300 days left too 140 days left? and then 0 days left

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score
I was actully dissapoint.. over fable 3.. didn't even feel like i wanted to finish it because it was funny but more like i have to finish it because i waited so damn long for it.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
I actually did love being a king, but I agree it should have been longer. I'm thinking there is a reason for it, like some technical difficulties shortly before the game's deadline or something... Still, it wasn't worse than it had been hyped or anything, just too short. :<

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score
There was nothing to do but breaking your promises or forfilling them... 2 major quests for the king part and then the shadow invasion... that is just stupid... they spendt so much time on telling everyone you will love being king and feel all powerfull and stuff

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
There was nothing to do but breaking your promises or forfilling them... 2 major quests for the king part and then the shadow invasion... that is just stupid... they spendt so much time on telling everyone you will love being king and feel all powerfull and stuff
Not "them" really, just Peter Molyneux. Bless his good heart, but he do tend to over hype even the smallest features. XD

Vyan

Reaction score
I agree, the king section was ridiculously short, I did like it a lot though. The choices were very tough and seeing the effects of your decision was great. Hopefully if Lionhead are planning some additional download content, we'll get to have more choices.

Recycled Human

Reaction score
Well considering that I was totally shocked with having to raise so much money (played a good character) I spent a lot of time as a king so I could amass enough wealth to save everyone and still make them love me. Plus, I used the time to get more friends, find more collectables and finish the side quests. On top of that, some of the questions made me think (almost had to bust out the decision making coin!)

Was everyone here evil or did they just rush through it?

Brady

Reaction score
yea I think they will probably make up for it with some awesome add-ons. but I agree that the 2nd part was too short

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score
No? i was good.. did all my promises... had like 8 million gold lost 400.000 people i did what the guy told me to do... i though hey 300 days is along time.. but it was only like 3 days or something

Recycled Human

Reaction score
I'm stumped, took me a good while to complete everything. But like I said I had to raise a ton of money so I had time to kill. 100k every five minutes is nice but it still takes a couple hours and with all these proposals to consider and pay for.

Did you have a chance to experience the changes you made as king?

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score
I never noticed any changes expect a few new buildings and stuff not much too see imo

SqueakyPenguins

You sire, are a idiot!
Reaction score
Yes you needed 6.5 mils to save everyone but you needed about 10.5mils to save everyone and still make the "good" decisions.

RSVR85

Reaction score
I was bitterly disappointed with being King too.
Funny though, when i realised my treasury was beyond repair, i tried the 'putting the xbox 1 year forward trick' for a cash boost. Upon rebooting the xbox the 140 days or whatever it was disappeared and fast forwarded to the wing & Theresa. I thought it cut through it all because the days were on a 'real-timer' and i missed a load of the story because i was a cheater. Glad this is not the case and cheaters can carry on in the knowledge there will be no consequences. :)

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
You only need 8.5 million gold to save everyone and do all the good judgements. And since the Fable 2 trick of resetting your xbox timer does absolutely nothing (you don't get gold when you're not playing anymore) it's definitely a case of sit around and wait for it to roll in.

Hector

Reaction score
At first I thought the decision making was going to be on going after you're king. Like every now and then a villager would request something and you could accept or not.

RSVR85

Reaction score
And since the Fable 2 trick of resetting your xbox timer does absolutely nothing (you don't get gold when you're not playing anymore) it's definitely a case of sit around and wait for it to roll in.

Another reason I was a bit annoyed!

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
Money wasn't so much an issue in 2; sure you needed it to buy stuff but it was still secondary. In 3, it's an absolute necessity used to save the people. My theory is that Mr. Molyneux wanted you to work for it and be creative instead of just use a glitch, due to its importance.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
I still find money is pretty easy to come to if you start property asap. If you leave it until late, you either wont get enough gold or have to resort to leaving the game running overnight. If your good. If you dont care about promises its pretty easy. But then you probably dont care about saving the people.

Thats the only problem. If your evil and dont really care about saving anyone, gold is pointless. Even the most expensive things are insignificant once you have a pawnbroker or house in millfields.

Status
Not open for further replies.