• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why You Should Throw Out Your Xbox 360 and Love The PlayStation 3

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Simple enough; the platform tides are changing, and we know that Fable isn't going anywhere anymore.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
My love for my 360 verges on objectum sexuality. I named him Sergei. I will never betray him. Never.

Fable isn't the only 360 exclusive. I would like to have both consoles, but I can't afford both. Nor can I afford to simply "throw out" my Xbox 360 and buy a PS3.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
My love for my 360 verges on objectum sexuality. I named him Sergei. I will never betray him. Never.

Fable isn't the only 360 exclusive. I would like to have both consoles, but I can't afford both. Nor can I afford to simply "throw out" my Xbox 360 and buy a PS3.
You named your Xbox 360?

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Ive been thinking of getting a Ps3 lately. I need a blu-ray player and i really want to play ICO. And the New God of war and soon Ps3 smash bros like tittle are coming out. If i do; i will have all 3 major platforms and i will feel like such a consumer whore :p

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Except that the PS3 has, like, 0 games. The only ones worth getting are already cross-platform anyway.

5878.gif

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

I totally named my 360 too. Baron von Dude.

(...it was 6 years ago, okay?!)

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Except that the PS3 has, like, 0 games. The only ones worth getting are already cross-platform anyway.

Yea, honestly, this is the way I feel aside from God of War, which I definitely don't care about enough to buy an entirely new console.

Really, I have no reason to get a PS3.

Cain

Reaction score
Simple enough; the platform tides are changing, and we know that Fable isn't going anywhere anymore.

Yeah, if only there were loads of other great games apart from Fable on the Xbox 360. Oh wait...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I have no reason to get a PS3 either, plenty of multi-platform titles that run better on 360 and are much less glitchy (Skyrim being a prime example) and having DLC release earlier. More than happy with my 360 and though PS3 has the better exclusives this year none of them interest me it all. Fable isnt even in my top 5 RPG's list so there are plenty of games id rather play on my 360 than the Fable series. The Witcher 2 is a great PC and 360 exclusive RPG for example.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I own a PS3 and it has collected more dust than any other item in my house, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Just got my Ps3 today, 160gb. its pretty much my blu-ray player that i can play games on. I have God of war 1-3 and the ico/Shadow of the coloussus deal. I cant get over the controller; i find it so awkward.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Just got my Ps3 today, 160gb. its pretty much my blu-ray player that i can play games on. I have God of war 1-3 and the ico/Shadow of the coloussus deal. I cant get over the controller; i find it so awkward.
It probably feels like that because you haven't got used to it. It isn't awkward and it's simpler from the Xbox 360. If you had a PlayStation 2 in the past you might get it fast.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I find Playstation controllers a little awkward too. For the longest time, when I was a kid, the only consoles I played were Playstation 2s that my friends owned. None of my friends owned an Xbox or an Xbox 360, so Playstation controllers were all I used. I just got used to it since I didn't really know anything else, but when I got my 360, the controllers just felt so much better than all those Playstation ones I had been using. They're just much more curvy and they conform to your hands much better.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
It probably feels like that because you haven't got used to it. It isn't awkward and it's simpler from the Xbox 360. If you had a PlayStation 2 in the past you might get it fast.

I've had all the Playstation consoles and the lack of much evolution in the controller design always bugged me. PS3 isn't much better, the analog sticks are a pain because of their all-plastic smooth convexed surface making it a nightmare when you get the dreaded sweaty-palms from intense games. The new shoulder button triggers are ridiculously sensitive, I can't even sit it down without it firing something off.

Like Necro said, the Xbox 360's controller fits like a glove and the concaved analog sticks (with rubber surface) should be the new standard in controller designs.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
I've had all the Playstation consoles and the lack of much evolution in the controller design always bugged me. PS3 isn't much better, the analog sticks are a pain because of their all-plastic smooth convexed surface making it a nightmare when you get the dreaded sweaty-palms from intense games. The new shoulder button triggers are ridiculously sensitive, I can't even sit it down without it firing something off.

Like Necro said, the Xbox 360's controller fits like a glove and the concaved analog sticks (with rubber surface) should be the new standard in controller designs.
Trust me, it's about being used with the PlayStation controller or it's up to the person. I always found the Xbox 360 controller a little big, meanwhile the PlayStation 3 one is pretty much minimalist.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Sony should have kept the boomerang controllers.

Just sayin'.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Trust me, it's about being used with the PlayStation controller or it's up to the person. I always found the Xbox 360 controller a little big, meanwhile the PlayStation 3 one is pretty much minimalist.
Its really light. I guess some would say thats a good thing, but feels cheap like im gunna break it