• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wierd Stones in Brightwood

brsmith

Reaction score
Wierd Stones in Brightwood

All over the Brightwood region, there are these wierd stones with holes in them. At first, I thought that they might point to some ancient secret, like treasure, or a hidden tomb :hmm: but now Im not so sure :( Does anyone know what they might be (besides the obvious)?

D

Dorian Grey

Re: Wierd Stones in Brightwood

"Brightwood Region" is a big place. Is it near the Garth's Tower or Giles' Farm...or maybe near the dam? In the river...actually...This is the in game map of Brightwood (with where two particular things are hidden are marked).

http://guides.gamepressure.com/fable2/gfx/word/26211750.jpg

Could you take it and mark where you saw them so others can have an easy time checking it out?

brsmith

Reaction score

Ive seen em mostly on the western side of the map, from the Bandit Camp area, to Giles Farm, to the stonehenge-like shrine in the north-west (on top of a hill north of the river bridge).

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Looks like Witchwood stones from Fable 1. But these are all over the place... Hmmm...

D

Dorian Grey

They are all over...so either they are nothing or indicate where Archon's Knot is somehow, but that has been found without them, so...just ignore them, I guess...

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

The Southern and South-Western parts of Brightwood are near Darkwood. In Darkwood Lake you can see stones with holes at the top scattered around the map. One of them has a silver key in the hole.;)

That's my theory.

brsmith

Reaction score

Darkwood?:wassat: Are you talking about the origional Fable? I mean, I know Ive only been playing Fable II for about a month now, but Im pretty sure there aint no Darkwood.:hmm:

D

Dorian Grey

brsmith;315015 said:
Darkwood?:wassat: Are you talking about the origional Fable? I mean, I know Ive only been playing Fable II for about a month now, but Im pretty sure there aint no Darkwood.:hmm:

They are both supposed to be in Albion...I guess he's saying that Brightwood and Darkwood are close together if you overlap the maps...

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

brsmith;315015 said:

Ya, I was referring to Fable 1.

brsmith

Reaction score

If you download the See The Future upgrade, there all over the Celestial Keep (Costume Party Quest) too. :hmm:

X

Xeon

Ruins? My guess would be old kingdom ruins

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

HeroOfCrapsalot;314992 said:
The Southern and South-Western parts of Brightwood are near Darkwood. In Darkwood Lake you can see stones with holes at the top scattered around the map. One of them has a silver key in the hole.;)

That's my theory.

But, Darkwood is in the Wraithmarsh area if you'll read about it in Fable wiki.

brsmith;315088 said:
If you download the See The Future upgrade, there all over the Celestial Keep (Costume Party Quest) too. :hmm:

They are for the side quest.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

I don't remember any stones in Brightwood, are you talking about the area near Garth's Tower?

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Daemon300;315203 said:

It looks like tombstones in the picture. Are you sure those aren't tombstones?

Maybe they brung tombstones to the party cause they knew some people were going to get drunk and go drive into a tree with their chariot.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Sean;315419 said:
It looks like tombstones in the picture. Are you sure those aren't tombstones?

Maybe they brung tombstones to the party cause they knew some people were going to get drunk and go drive into a tree with their chariot.

Don't look at the picture!! xDDDDDD omgomgomg and what party are you talking about?... whaaa?? Have you played the game???

quote from wikipedia:

Brightwood is probably the remains of Greatwood in Fable and Fable TLC. Though it is closer in size to Greatwood, its strange stones with glowing cracks and holes through the middle are very similar to the Witchwood Stones. Brightwood is situated between Bower Lake, Westcliff, and Bandit Coast. It is brimming with hobbes and bandits. It also contains a small area that is a reference to Stonehenge near the entrance. It is quite a big region, and has a lake. Altogether there are three underground tombs to be explored.

We are not talking about tombstones! Lol!

brsmith

Reaction score

Well that would explain it, if not for the fact that I have been taught over the years to never believe anything from Wikipedia :hmm: Thanks though