• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wii U Pricing and Release Date Announcement

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/...ricing-and-release-date-announcement--stream-

Nintendo has officially confirmed the release date and price for its Wii U console. There will be two versions - a Premium/Deluxe (Black, 32 GB memory) and Basic (White, 8 GB memory). The information is as follows:
US release date: 18 November
US price: $349 (Deluxe) and $299 (Basic)
UK release date: 30 November
UK price: Retailer pricing is variable, but currently listing around £200 for Basic and £250-£280 for Premium

The bundle(s) will contain:
  • Wii U GamePad (Black/White accordingly)
  • Wii U GamePad Stylus (Black/White accordingly)
  • Wii U GamePad Cradle (Premium/Deluxe version only)
  • Wii U GamePad Stand (Premium/Deluxe version only)
  • HDMI Cable
  • Wii U AC Adapter
  • Wii U GamePad AC Adapter
  • NintendoLand game (Premium/Deluxe version only)

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
That is pricey, but not as bad as I thought it might be. But... teeny tiny hard drives. What's up with that?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
That is pricey, but not as bad as I thought it might be. But... teeny tiny hard drives. What's up with that?

Well, how much stuff do people really put onto a Wii? Do Wii games even have DLC like the 360 and PS3? I doubt a Wii or Wii U would have much more than save game files stored on it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Controllers alone work out at around £107 apparently. :/

US price - $349 at current conversion works out at £215 yet its priced around £250-£280 and $299 is around £189 yet listed as £200 (likely to be listed as more in retailers). I will never know how they work out UK pricing.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Price is one thing, but I'm more worried about its lineup. Haven't found a Nintendo console greatly appealing since the N64.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Price is one thing, but I'm more worried about its lineup. Haven't found a Nintendo console greatly appealing since the N64.

They managed to secure Bayonetta 2 as an exclusive and got some decent games listed so far. Better launch lineup than the Gamecube or Wii so far but that wouldnt have been hard. Retailers are saying its going to be £250 for the basic and £299 for the Premium in the UK anyway so dont see many people rushing to purchase it here. Means the US technically get the consoles for £186 and £217 compared to ours.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
They managed to secure Bayonetta 2 as an exclusive and got some decent games listed so far. Better launch lineup than the Gamecube or Wii so far but that wouldnt have been hard. Retailers are saying its going to be £250 for the basic and £299 for the Premium in the UK anyway so dont see many people rushing to purchase it here. Means the US technically get the consoles for £186 and £217 compared to ours.

Now that's just unfair.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
266f9dc6c4a0ce65662738824f07658e82ea175f.jpg__576x480_q85.jpg
The Pro Controller
If you prefer playing games like how it's done on other systems, then the new Pro Controller is for you. The Pro Controller itself looks like a combination of an Xbox 360 gamepad and the Wii’s Classic Controller Pro. If you want a traditional feel that ignores the touch screen, it’s the way to go, but it’ll cost $49.99 per controller. The Pro isn’t included with either basic or deluxe models, so get ready to spend more if you want Black Ops II to feel “right.”

Also:
Plays Wii games, but not GameCube (GC games will come out via virtual console on the Wii U's eShop)
Many games use Wii Remotes and other peripherals

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Pro Controllers here are £39.99 ($64.87) so $49.99 in US isnt that bad. Could be worse though, in Japan to buy an additional Wii U Gamepad it will cost 13,440 yen (£107).

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
I might pick up a Pro down the road, well after i pick up the console itself.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Good cloning choice, functional and comfortable. Price is the same as a regular 360 controller over here too so that's good.

But it's a timed exclusive though, right? Loved the first Bayonetta, but I wouldn't want to have to get another console just to be able to enjoy the sequel.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
But it's a timed exclusive though, right? Loved the first Bayonetta, but I wouldn't want to have to get another console just to be able to enjoy the sequel.

Agreed. I wanna see more exclusives before making space for the Wii U in my living room.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Right? That's a bloody joke, they can't even get why the joysticks aren't above the friggin buttons. They are the same blasphemous people that put a joystick in the middle of the GameCube's controller and felt good about it. Seriously, who let these guys in charge? They are capable of releasing a bunch of wireless controllers and pretend that they are revol... f*** them.
View attachment 653
Oh, im totally, 100% with you on this. Trust me. All the same feels.
Its your rage i find hilarious.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

No Nintendo are publishing it, its fully exclusive to Wii U.