• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will marking re-texture is crashing Fable

I

iLoki

Will marking re-texture is crashing Fable

hey there, I'm new to both the Fable Modding scene and to these Forums, after following some of the tutorials here I decided to try and re-color the will markings on my character. I saved all of the images through Fable Explorer, took them into GIMP edited them and then resaved them and .BMP's at first. I Replaced the images through the CHeroMorphDef and then replacing the corresponding WILL entries. I load up the game and try to start my save file and the game crashes during loading.

So I replaced the textures.big file with my backup, and tried replacing the textures directly through textures.big in FE. Still no dice.

At the suggestion of the Re-texturing for Dummies guide, I downloaded a .dds plugin for GIMP and tried again. Still no dice.

Anybody have any ideas? If it helps I can upload the .fmp or images themselves.

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score
Re: Will marking re-texture is crashing Fable

sometimes if the colors don't "fit" into the game the game will crash this happened to me when i was trying to make a Singing Sword.

I

iLoki

thats kinda weird... maybe i'll try another color (I was using red) but I'll try another color and see what happens.

Another color worked... Thanks a ton!
I ended up desaturating and making them a bit darker.
I'll probably upload the .fmp so people can use it if they like.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Cool.

And welcome to the site =)