• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will you be able to mod fable 2?

sijli

Fable player
Reaction score
Will you be able to mod fable 2?

if fable2 releases for the pc will it be moddable? would be nice if it worked and it will right?

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Re: Will you be able to mod fable 2?

Most likely and considering that Lionhead put out a Mod kit for The Movies you might even see them build it into the product ;)

sijli

Fable player
Reaction score

alright :S no weapons or such mods?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

If the game comes out for PC then of course it will be moddable, everything you have seen them do with Fable and more will be possible.

OldBoy

Reaction score

Yes, it's very likely Fable 2 will be modded aswell.

However, I doubt they will release a mod-kit or application to mod the game. They didn't with Fable 1 so why would they release anything for Fable 2?

Besides not releasing anything to the public to mod Fable 1, they also wouldn't let go of any info regarding the file formats they used for Fable.
There was someone that gave the community a little bit of info (can't recall his name), but even that was only minor info, and only occurred once.
It probably had/has to do something with Microsoft pulling the strings.

However, even if 'they' don't handout a tool or info, the game will be modded - a different question is: How fast will that happen?

That depends if they'll use new file formats or not. If they stick to the same formats as Fable 1, we are in business almost directly.
If they use new formats, it can take quite some time to figure it all out. Depending on how many skilled people are working on cracking them and writing applications to edit them.
Although I'm no expert in this stuff, I do know that this can be quite hard and time consuming.

And remember; we still can't mod all files Fable uses. Most of them are plain open, but some are still waiting to be cracked, and it's proving pretty difficult to do so...
Wish I could be of help in that department, but most hex editing is still magic to me.

[edit]

From FableTLCmod.com:

[BlueTooth wrote on Thu, 20 September 2007 09:12]
All the original people involved have since been shifted around. I originally talked with Simon Carter, head developer, about it. He gave the ok to change things to our hearts content. But after being absorbed into Microsoft they cut off contact with the modding community. I'm sure this was due to our affiliations with xbox hacking.

[edit 2]

If anyone is capable or interested in working on the file formats of Fable:
Documentation [Fable TLC Mod Wiki]
Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene: The Smart Room

The stb and stb_lev still need work ;)

sijli

Fable player
Reaction score

ok nice

R

Repoman 108

already modded fable 2 pub games on 360. max gold + items. can transfer to fable 2 when its released

0cean v0id

repoman 108 already modded fable 2 pub games on 360. max gold + items. can transfer to fable 2 when its released

everyone can do that its really too easy..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And with Fable 2 i will get my 360 copy in 3 days so im going to start working on cracking it for files immediately since i have a way of burning 360 games for my own use [not illegal if only i use them] also i am going to post on here once i get the file types cracked so don't expect any thing anytime soon because, well, im going to be playing the game in my spare time lol. but i will determinately work on cracking it for file types to help everyone mod it XD

HAPPY MODDING FROM THE OCEAN XD

R

Repoman 108

it seems quite likely that the fable 2 profile with stuff like exp and money will be stored in a CON file which means we can mod it. so it seems logical that we should be able to mod fable 2 fairly quickly. not skins and stuff but your attributes. then all we have to do is figure out the format of it. the fable 1 format for profiles was practically illegible. it seemed very random

0cean v0id

Repoman 108;213948 said:
it seems quite likely that the fable 2 profile with stuff like exp and money will be stored in a CON file which means we can mod it. so it seems logical that we should be able to mod fable 2 fairly quickly. not skins and stuff but your attributes. then all we have to do is figure out the format of it. the fable 1 format for profiles was practically illegible. it seemed very random

modding fable 2 will not be easy...:unsure:
even if their is a pc version.:w00t:
microsoft did not make fable 1, lionhead did, they also wrote the story, not microsoft if microsoft sponcers:ninja: something they are very likely going to be serious about keeping it immoddible:(
but very likely we will mod it:lol:

R

Repoman 108

doesnt matter how hard they try to make it unmoddable, if its a profile save which fable has to use, then it will be stored in a CON file. meaning we can mod it. the only question will be how confusing the formatting for the file will be. to that guy who said hes getting fable 2 very soon, can you send me the profile saves and let me try and take em apart. you can go nuts with the disc but i wanna work on the profile saves

0cean v0id

not if its saved on your xbl account in which all information is saved into a server side database, thus making the xbl account impossible to modd without help from microsoft.

R

Repoman 108

unless fable 2 reads your fable profile as your individual gamertag, that is impossible. it is extremely unlikely that this would happen because this would only allow for offline gameplay and would only allow for 1 profile save per gamertag which in fable 1 you had a choice of 5 saves per profile and you could have multiple profiles. i would estimate a 1 in 1000 chance of that being the case seeing as it would have to be stored in your gamertag profile on your hard drive for it to be at all playable for offline use. just by suggesting that, you demonstrate either an extreme lack of xbox 360 modding knowledge or that you were paying very little attention to what you were writing. microsoft does not program games to store information inside your gamertag save because this stores stuff like your motto etc. wow you are an idiot

"3. I am a very much skilled modder than you i started modding fable/xbox games like 4 years ago and i know what is and is not possible."

lol you wanker. learn to use ze grammorz. if yuve been modding for 4 years then you are such an idiot because im already smarter than you. lolzorz

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Ive never Modded, And i never will!

R

Repoman 108

great. we'll be sure to ask your worthless opinion on anything to do with not modding in the modding section

Chrysalis

Reaction score

how are you modding xbox360 pub games?

0cean v0id

its cheating and it will corrupt your character on fable 2 if you do it and use the money

R

Repoman 108

wat? bull**** no it wont. wat the **** are you on about?

P

P3NGU1N

Lol. I always see friction between void and repoman. Too funny when it's not you.