• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will you be able to mod fable 2?

R

Repoman 108

Re: Will you be able to mod fable 2?

at first i thought he was a legitamately good 360 modder but after listening to him he just sounds like an idiot. he may be very good at modding the xbox 1 but he knows absolute jack-all about 360 modding

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

Basically the same people that broke Fable open are coming out of the woodwork to take a look at Fable 2. Like myself. And JohnDoe is right. The Pub games are Flash and Xml files. Easily editable. The gdg/bnk files are the main archives. And their using the same convulated logic to handle them that fable 1 used. The header is altered zlib compressed seperately from the actual data. So it's crazyness like usual. Of course that makes it more fun for us. Not impossible, and it gives us plenty of ammo to point and laugh at Fable devs.

Chrysalis

Reaction score

keshire how does one see individual files on a xbox360 game tho? doesnt make sense. There is no file manager on the xbox360 or are you talking about the pc version of the game?

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

Chrysalis;218298 said:
keshire how does one see individual files on a xbox360 game tho? doesnt make sense. There is no file manager on the xbox360 or are you talking about the pc version of the game?

With a modded X360 you can rip the files and create an ISO out of them.

0cean v0id

ok Keshire first tell me how to own a LEGAL modded 360? answer=0 because 1 it is unnecessary and 2 there has been already enough people talking about ILLEGAL stuff this is a strictly legal website.
If you notice by law technically having a modded X360 or even a modded Xbox is illegal by microsoft

I am attempting to mod the game,not the system, which i have been at for the past 5 days since i recieved it on the 15. and yes you can edit the files on any Xbox 360 game, but again THE GAME STORAGE IS SERVER-SIDE which i believe i know more about than you knowing i build servers for a living in england military. And i do not see how i am worthless when i have already cracked the f2 game and unpacked uhhh 73% of the files and i plan to begin modding and creating a fable 2 explorer just as soon as i deciefer through and name all the files while putting them in catagories based on what they are for. i have currently began catagorizing the textures.

But if you want to modd your 360 and do not mind messing your 360 up, getting a hefty fine, or going to jail. i'd just stick to modding the game to another disk readable by the xbox 360, which is remarkably easy since windows vista as an Xbox 360 reabable disk burner.

So im not worth helping mod fable aye? according to my file ripper im 80% of the way through...

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

0cean v0id;218738 said:
ok Keshire first tell me how to own a LEGAL modded 360? answer=0 because 1 it is unnecessary and 2 there has been already enough people talking about ILLEGAL stuff this is a strictly legal website.
If you notice by law technically having a modded X360 or even a modded Xbox is illegal by microsoft

I am attempting to mod the game,not the system, which i have been at for the past 5 days since i recieved it on the 15. and yes you can edit the files on any Xbox 360 game, but again THE GAME STORAGE IS SERVER-SIDE which i believe i know more about than you knowing i build servers for a living in england military. And i do not see how i am worthless when i have already cracked the f2 game and unpacked uhhh 73% of the files and i plan to begin modding and creating a fable 2 explorer just as soon as i deciefer through and name all the files while putting them in catagories based on what they are for. i have currently began catagorizing the textures.

But if you want to modd your 360 and do not mind messing your 360 up, getting a hefty fine, or going to jail. i'd just stick to modding the game to another disk readable by the xbox 360, which is remarkably easy since windows vista as an Xbox 360 reabable disk burner.

So im not worth helping mod fable aye? according to my file ripper im 80% of the way through...

Apart from all the ranting and indirectly calling me an idiot. I look forward to seeing what you come up with. At 80% complete you should have everything cracked by the end of the week with that kind of progress.

Good luck. If you have any problems feel free to ask someone smarter than me.

Chrysalis

Reaction score

keshire fair enough. Mine isnt modded tho but I am not too bothered about modding the game anyway especially before I play thru it.

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

Chrysalis;219115 said:
keshire fair enough. Mine isnt modded tho but I am not too bothered about modding the game anyway especially before I play thru it.

Perfectly reasonable, and I feel the same way. But, I am looking forward to what will be possible. One of the biggest hurdles with Fable 1 modding just got trashed on a cursory glance.

The gameflow script. The main script that controls the entire game. They left an uncompiled one in an archive.

Apart from that hopefully we can get a lua decompiler updated for lua 5.1

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

0cean v0id;218738 said:

Still waiting.....

If anyone has a modded X360 and can burn modified games. We've got an extractor setup. I need someone that can test if the script override folders will actually work. Check that and I'll write a new gameflow script that will give you all weapons, armours, items, and ACHIEVEMENTS...

And possibly Hero abilities. ;)

R

Repoman 108

just mod the hero save...yu can change morality, exp, purity, abilities and possibly gender...so far unsuccessful for some reason

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

Repoman 108;226657 said:
just mod the hero save...yu can change morality, exp, purity, abilities and possibly gender...so far unsuccessful for some reason

Probably all CRC'd and compressed? Either way I'm looking for more indepth stuff.

Textures, Models, Scripts, Level stuff...
I've got it all extracted. I just want to test if override folders will work so that rebuilding archives can be skipped.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

YAY!! JohnDoe and Keshire came to the rescue with... Proper grammar and spelling! It is a novelty, seeing these two going about with random flaming and such. Well that is about it...

Man, I just love these side notes for some reason, but is a modded Xbox 360 really worth it? I was going to get it, but decided against it, for fear of being banned from Xbox Live, because I have a lot of complaints on my profile about modded controllers, because of one guy having an unlucky day, and I just killed him with a pistol. Shows on my rep aswell. And back to the point, what are the chances of being caught? Sorry for going completely off topic, but this has been bugging me for awhile, and you seem to have experience about this sort of thing.

R

Repoman 108

Keshire;226791 said:
Probably all CRC'd and compressed? Either way I'm looking for more indepth stuff.

Textures, Models, Scripts, Level stuff...
I've got it all extracted. I just want to test if override folders will work so that rebuilding archives can be skipped.
this isnt advanced. but if you want all abilities unlocked, gold, exp, morality etc. you can just mod the hero save...no modded xbox needed

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

JohnDoe said:
Nah, Kesh is the Hero here. I'm more of a community pet rather than anything special.

As for getting banned, I would think it unlikely to happen.

Really? Still, I don't want to take a chance, and opening my Xbox to put it in voids the warranty, and my Xbox felt the need to return to the land of the dead recently, or is more or less sick. So that is out of the question for now. But the reason I was really worried is because of the amounts of complaints I get for tampering, just because of an apparently modded controller. But thanks for helping on the subject.

And I will be trying to be contributing to the Fable mod community, as I now have Fable up and working. Sort of. My new computer needs a new graphics card, and I am set for awhile.