• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wish I had thought of this before....

Status
Not open for further replies.

x339

Reaction score
I wish I had come up with this idea last week. Why not...

Pre-order from gamestop, obtain the codes, cancel my order for a full refund.
Next repeat the process for best buy.
Finally do the same for walmart.

This would have given me all the codes for the price of one.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
awesome...>_>
if it works could you give me a few codes then^_^

im guessing if you keep the game in new condition as such, then it should easily be returnable.
same for the book codes aswell. but that would mean someone else would lose out.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
this is why amazon is smarter then gamestop. once paid, your order is in the mail and can't be refunded. village maker codes aren't sent until 48 hours after shipment.

gamestop, despite it's genius prophet generating systems, has exploitable flaws. why do you think you can't return a new game after it's been opened? for people doing pretty much the equivalent of this: cheating the system and the company out of sales.

x339

Reaction score
awesome...>_>
if it works could you give me a few codes then^_^

im guessing if you keep the game in new condition as such, then it should easily be returnable.
same for the book codes aswell. but that would mean someone else would lose out.
Well its to late to do it now considering the game is already released and my order is shipped.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
this is why amazon is smarter then gamestop. once paid, your order is in the mail and can't be refunded. village maker codes aren't sent until 48 hours after shipment.

gamestop, despite it's genius prophet generating systems, has exploitable flaws. why do you think you can't return a new game after it's been opened? for people doing pretty much the equivalent of this: cheating the system and the company out of sales.
I managed to troll Amazon. I pre'd but couldn't afford it, bought my game here and they sent both the VM and tge hammer.

Michael0100101

Reaction score
You sir are a genius.Well, now I know what I'm gonna do for fable 4. I could also do this for ac brotherhood.

x339

Reaction score
Im actually surprised no one posted this idea before.

Binarynova

Reaction score
It's exploitation like that that convinced distributors to stop taking games that had been opened. So we can't buy a game, play it for 3 or 4 hours, realize it's complete rubbish and take it back, thereby removing our ability as consumers to speak to game developers through our wallets.

Thanks! :p

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
welcome to the forums new guy!^_^
and regardless of any extra content provided with games. its obvious you cant return games for the reason that its crap.
but you could always claim the code never worked, and you kept it sealed so you could return it for a new code(even though the code did work and you wanted an extra one)>_>
you could just call it revenge for bad service.

Status
Not open for further replies.