• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wondering about Jack of Blades

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score
Wondering about Jack of Blades

Hello there,

Yea, I've used search, lots of keywords, on both FableTLCMod, ProjectEgo, and Google, so don't ask me if I haven't done so yet.

So, I've been wondering while playing; i know it's possible to switch animations from other (NPCs?) to your Hero, but where is the animation for his floating thingie when capturing the Hero and his mother, and when at the Chamber of Fate? I intend to be able to use the shield spell, along with it's animation and that of floating.
If it isn't possible, I guess we cannot change that, hehe.

Thanks for reading.

OldBoy

Reaction score
Re: Wondering about Jack of Blades

From my 'new to modding fable' thread:

OldBoy;92349 said:
Editing Animations and the CAppearanceDef
#This is stuff for more advanced modders. If you don't consider yourself one, don't mess with it.

#It's not possible to create new animations and import them in the game (the graphics.big).

#However it is possible to add animations from other npc's to the hero, or swap the hero's model and make it use other animations.
This stuff is handled in the CAppearanceDef, and Silver wrote an application to work with it. You'll also find some instructions there.
As said above: this isn't easy and I only know of a couple of people who've created mods with the app;
Silver (Express yourself), Bluetooth (Staff Animations) and Marcopolo (Balverine Transformation mod).

#Morerunes wrote a little how to

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Oh dear, I completely looked over that bit. Thanks, OldBoy! ^_^

OldBoy

Reaction score

No problem. You can also preview animations in Fable Explorer, a feature that not many know about.
-> Open the graphics.big
-> View the hero's model
-> Drag an animation from the left panel to the window that holds the hero's model.

This can be a buggy procedure, sometimes it crashes FE.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Well, I'm currently following Morerunes' animation guide, and I'm at this step;
Morerunes' animation guide said:
Next you need to start patching your hero's CAppearanceDef. To do this, just open the first entry on the left in the WITCH appearanceDef by double-clicking it. Look where it says "animation id" and copy it. Note the two Names.bin offset names. Next find that same entry on your hero, and if there are multiple of them, open them one at a time until you find one with the same names.bin offsets. Once you find it, paste the animation id from the WITCH into the box you just found. Click apply, then click close. Continue this pattern with every entry from the WITCH. MAKE SURE YOU ARE CLICKING APPLY!
I've opened the first entry of my JACK (Jack of Blades) file named as "MOVEMENT_STRAFE_FRONT_LEFT", and copied the animation ID. However, when I looked in the HERO list, I couldn't see any similar "MOVEMENT_STRAFE_FRONT_LEFT" entry, which means I can't paste the Animation ID. Here's a screenie:
The left Animation App is of HERO, the right one of Jack of Blades.

Also, I assume this needs to be applied several times? Or is it that, if I do it to one animation, I get all of Jack of Blades once patched and overwritten?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.