• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wraithmarsh = See The Future

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Wraithmarsh = See The Future

Okay, so I completed the See The Future DLC Pack, (thanks Daemon300 :D), and I was doing the Archaeologist quest, so I was walking through wraithmarsh and I noticed that certain parts of it look exactly like the cursed snowglobe village, the drowned farm part is EXACTLY a like to the part in cursed snow globe, it's apparantly Oakvale before the shadow court destroyed it.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Re: Wraithmarsh = See The Future

Sean;336186 said:
it's apparantly Oakvale before the shadow court destroyed it.

I don't have any DLC, but I do believe that it's been stated on these forums already that the snowglobe village is Oakvale.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

My bad, I don't 'search'.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

;p

No problem.

fable freak 37

Halo 3 Addict
Reaction score

Oakvale,Wraithmarsh and Snowglobe do look similar in a way.Here's MY story of that(which I just made up like right now):Oakvale was a peaceful,nice little town where noone was bothered by anything.Then these shadow-figured people came and destroyed the town.The town was never re-built or heard of again.

A few hundred years later dark spirits,demons,beasts and even shadow lords inhabited the forgotten area of Oakvale.It became known as Wraithmarsh.Then a brave,couragous hero came and banished all that inhabited the land that was forgotten long ago and tried to re-build it.

Eventually the hero forgot about re-building the forgotten land of Oakvale and as time passed Oakvale/Wraithmarsh was affected(or effected)by the seasons and the weather.It became sunny,dark and damp,cold and icy,dead and uninhabited and eventually it became snowy.

Then some strange person casted a weird spell upon the uninhabited snowy and forgotten land of Oakvale.The person shrunk the place into a snowglobe and then put shrunken people into it and made it a minature land where it is cold.Very very cold.Yeah.

There.Wasn't that a nice heart-warming story?

GaEv

Reaction score

If you've played the original Fable you should have been able to pick up on this months before see the future even came out.

As soon as I saw the bridge like thing in Wraithmarsh opposite the dead field I knew where I was.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure this is how it happened:

Oakvale was just a town, then bandits and Jack of Blades slaughtered and destroyed the place ( that's when Theresa goes blind, she's your sister in the first Fable ) and it was rebuilt, then Reaver came along and messed it up again.

[email protected]

Gunslinger
Reaction score

Umm...if you listen to Theresa clearly talk about it being Oakvale...you'd know. If you read any of Reaver's journal entries, then you'd know.
Personally, I was surprised when I saw my friend play the DLC snow globe thing and it looked exactly like Wraithmarsh...and then I exclaimed "It's all Oakvale!" When you play through the Snow globe DLC, you're seeing what happened to it when it was in the process of being destroyed, with all the shadows. That time span was trapped in the snow globe. So you don't really change the present, you re-play part of the past. Kinda cool :D

GaEv

Reaction score

I remember before see the future came out I wanted two things.

the first was a crown to wear with the Knothole Armour (minus helmet, it is too fish like in appearence)

the second was being able to save/restore Oakvale somehow.

While Wraithmarsh still stands at least I was given the option to save part of Oakvale in some small way.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

GaEv;336405 said:
I remember before see the future came out I wanted two things.

the first was a crown to wear with the Knothole Armour (minus helmet, it is too fish like in appearence)

the second was being able to save/restore Oakfield somehow.

While Wraithmarsh still stands at least I was given the option to save part of Oakfield in some small way.
Oakvale, not Oakfield, lol

X

Xeon

Sean;336186 said:
Okay, so I completed the See The Future DLC Pack, (thanks Daemon300 :D), and I was doing the Archaeologist quest, so I was walking through wraithmarsh and I noticed that certain parts of it look exactly like the cursed snowglobe village, the drowned farm part is EXACTLY a like to the part in cursed snow globe, it's apparantly Oakvale before the shadow court destroyed it.

Everyone knows that wraithmarsh is Oakvale :p

It's kinda funny you didn't figure that out when you found twinblades grave in Bloodstone as a part of the archaeologist questline :D

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

Xeon;336439 said:
Everyone knows that wraithmarsh is Oakvale :p

It's kinda funny you didn't figure that out when you found twinblades grave in Bloodstone as a part of the archaeologist questline :D

Dude, I didn't pay attention to the archaeologist questline, I got the stuff and ran back to Belle, then shot her after she said "I can't let you leave with that, you'll have to kill me first."

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

LOLOLOL
Woops, sorry that just was random act of laughing at things that werent funny xDDD

Anyways with that archaelogist thingy quest, when i tried to do it i couldnt, it wouldnt let me do anything so i was like.. Mk then i wont bother doing this quest.

Another Spartan

DoCtOr OcToGoNaPuS!
Reaction score

fable freak 37;336239 said:
Oakvale,Wraithmarsh and Snowglobe do look similar in a way.Here's MY story of that(which I just made up like right now):Oakvale was a peaceful,nice little town where noone was bothered by anything.Then these shadow-figured people came and destroyed the town.The town was never re-built or heard of again.

does nobody listen to our old sister?! Theresa clearly states that a foolish boy got too into necromancy and traded the town for something, and it got overrun by evil.

[email protected];336292 said:
Umm...if you listen to Theresa clearly talk about it being Oakvale...you'd know. If you read any of Reaver's journal entries, then you'd know.
Personally, I was surprised when I saw my friend play the DLC snow globe thing and it looked exactly like Wraithmarsh...and then I exclaimed "It's all Oakvale!" When you play through the Snow globe DLC, you're seeing what happened to it when it was in the process of being destroyed, with all the shadows. That time span was trapped in the snow globe. So you don't really change the present, you re-play part of the past. Kinda cool :D

Beat me too it ^_^

GaEv

Reaction score

Ryu_the_fox;336420 said:
Oakvale, not Oakfield, lol

Thank you for pointing out the tyop. Post duly edited.