• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

wut wut in tha butt

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
The internet isn't what it used to be that is for sure, remember when 4chan was the quintessential crap hole? Now it's like every site that is popular.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Being introverted and having troubles with anxiety, lack of empathy and overall awkwardness (especially) in social situations has less to do with having introverted functions, and more with underdeveloped extroverted functions (though I'm going slightly off-terms here).
While your main driving forces are naturally more developed and are the main definition point of your being, your secondary functions will lag behind when not actively dealt with, resulting in situations where the primary functions are unable carry the weight.
Which means any problems you have can be alleviated. In a perfect situation, an introvert and extrovert should be indistinguishable, because while they reach their goals through different functions, they are both able to respond the same way.
What I'm saying is that often people hide their inabilities behind being intro- or extroverted, instead of trying to improve in lesser developed areas.
And I'm saying that not to point fingers, but to encourage people to pick up the slack. Introversion might be an obstacle in some areas, but not the definite end.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Being introverted and having troubles with anxiety, lack of empathy and overall awkwardness (especially) in social situations has less to do with having introverted functions, and more with underdeveloped extroverted functions (though I'm going slightly off-terms here).
While your main driving forces are naturally more developed and are the main definition point of your being, your secondary functions will lag behind when not actively dealt with, resulting in situations where the primary functions are unable carry the weight.
Which means any problems you have can be alleviated. In a perfect situation, an introvert and extrovert should be indistinguishable, because while they reach their goals through different functions, they are both able to respond the same way.
What I'm saying is that often people hide their inabilities behind being intro- or extroverted, instead of trying to improve in lesser developed areas.
And I'm saying that not to point fingers, but to encourage people to pick up the slack. Introversion might be an obstacle in some areas, but not the definite end.

I'd say that's a pretty black and white way of looking at things and while your definition of introversion is correct I think some of your views towards the end there are a little unfounded. Some people just have certain limitations and it's less about changing yourself to make things easier, but finding better ways to deal with it. I can honestly say I've tried for years to take hold of my more extroverted characteristics but it's hard. The human mind is an amazing, but complex thing and it often take years of therapy just to change the smallest thing about someone's mind. It's not as easy as just telling yourself you're going to be an extrovert today.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
I'd say that's a pretty black and white way of looking at things and while your definition of introversion is correct I think some of your views towards the end there are a little unfounded. Some people just have certain limitations and it's less about changing yourself to make things easier, but finding better ways to deal with it. I can honestly say I've tried for years to take hold of my more extroverted characteristics but it's hard. The human mind is an amazing, but complex thing and it often take years of therapy just to change the smallest thing about someone's mind. It's not as easy as just telling yourself you're going to be an extrovert today.

But that's exactly what I was saying.
It is black and white, because, and I should have clarified it, I meant that in a vacuum. When it comes to actual disadvantages, it already changes things completely.
I never said anything about choosing to be someone else one day. I'll give you an example to illustrate what I mean. Lets take the whole lack of empathy thing. Some people are natural in this. They understand other's feelings, pick up on the smallest of clues by default, without needing to think about it. They simply feel it in their bones so to say. But to people like us, it comes in a circle. We do pick up the raw data, but in order to process it, we need to compare it to other aspects of life to understand it. Whether we do it via ourselves, our past experiences, experiences from the collective history of humans, media, etc... depends on each individual.
To put it very bluntly, if I see someone frown and can't tell if they're sad, I remember a movie where someone was frowning and he was sad, therefore the person in question is also sad.
Now in a situation involving only ourselves, it doesn't really make a difference. But when a response is in order, being in tune with any other viable source of experience will help us.

All in all, I wanted to point out that everyone has different tools to cope with situations, even though not all of them are readily available. And in the end it was more of an "academical definition" and not an observation if that makes sense.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I understand where you're coming from Rotid, I think we just look at things differently much like the subject matter.