• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

.X Import Converter?

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
.X Import Converter?

So, I went with John's advice and decided to make a model for Fable. Good news is that the blade is finished, and is pretty cool looking in my opinion. Now, I am really bad at make the lower parts of a sword. Hilt, handguard, pommel, that sort of stuff. I was gonna try to cheap out and just import one of the Fable models and use that hilt, but was wondering how to get it in 3ds Max. So far I could only find a converter called TransPoly for $395. Any other way of doing this? Kind of hit a very large roadblock on the route to laziness.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Re: .X Import Converter?

:lol:

Alright, I'll get those. Man, I need to get a new router. This wireless connection is killing me!

I should be done, hopefully tomorrow. Have to finish off that dreaded math homework. When the hell am I going to need to convert cubic roots in my life!?

EDIT: Hmmm... The second one says the address is not found... Odd.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Damn, those pages don't load, and the other one doesn't extract. Well, I guess I am stuck for a bit...

And how do I use the importer? Sorta new to plugins on 3ds Max. :blush:

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Sweet. Oh, and +rep.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Okay. I got 9. And it still won't let me import the other model. I put the .dle file into the plugins folder, but when I go to import it says that file type is invalid...

Probably me just being an idiot.

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

http://upload.xer0.info/uploads/9ssh/PandaDirectXMaxExporter.zip

Not the latest or the greatest, but it's the Pandasoft exporter from 3ds 9. I couldn't get it to export working clothing (except for this one time when I made the bully hat), but I also just found that the Xporter importer didn't import models correctly so my plugin might work after all.

@Skotekal: I've found that some swords just don't import with the Xporter. Try a different sword.

morerunes

Probably Not Corrupted
Reaction score

either I downloaded the wrong one (which would pretty much sum up why I've had so much friggin' trouble with the thing), then it's for 3ds 9

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Excuse me while I hit my head on the wall.

Yes, I was using the longsword. :blush:

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Sweet. I'll go check it out when I get home. Got a 5 day weekend to work on this thing. :D