• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox Live?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Xbox Live?

Is Xbox Live Gold worth it?

I'm aware that I get free XBL Silver with the console, but should I fork out the extra cash for the ability to play online?

RedBullKid

Premium
Reaction score
Re: Xbox Live?

Well i certainly think so, especially on the basis of the upcoming halo 3 i think it would well worth your money. But thats just in my opinion ;).

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Yeah most definitely! A 12 month XBL costs me around 500 SEK. That gives me a year of playing any of my 360 games online, granted that they have online play that is.

When I used to play WoW, it cost me about 200-300 SEK for only two months and that was for WoW only, obviously.

So yeah; You get a helluva lot out of your money spent both in cash value compared to other online gaming services and in pure entertainment.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Hey, thats like 80 AU... I think I will get Gold, now that the evidence has presented itself....

+rep for the advice!

H

Hexadecimal

Yeah, Live is definitely worth it... when you figure out the cost per month it ends up being next to nothing, and with games like Gears of War and Halo 3, you not only get the multiplayer element some people like, but you can engage in online co-op now which has made it really worth it for me ^_^

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah Xbox Live is really worth it and im glad i got the Gold Subscription. Co-op games are great fun to play and nothing like talking trash to the enemies with a friend or girlfriend ;) :lol:

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I have a gold subscription ready to be used. I'll probably activate this weekend.

If you want to play online games, get it. If your not sure, hold off. If you don't, then don't get it. I'm just now am playing a game that has an online component that requires Gold. Overlord :w00t:

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I don't play online because it tends to be full of little idiots who spend all their time calling every other player something obscene and unintelligent. The only time I ever go online is if I'm after some extra gamer points...otherwise I just play as normal...

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Well, I don't know really, but whenever I go on, there's fat little 10 year old immature morons who always tell you to "suck there balls" or bust out yo mamma jokes for no apparent reason. But I get them to turn off there headphones by blasting music into the mouthpiece.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Then you find out those ten year old morons are usually about 18...:lol:

Steve's cousin and his mates all love shouting obscenities at each other - usually involving homosexual remarks and something to do with mothers and teabagging. Nice.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Yes, at each other, as a friendship thing. But just to random people? I'm not even that much of an asshole... But maybe I should start... :devil: Mwuahahhahhahahhahahahhahahh!!!!!!!!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;130382 said:
Steve's cousin and his mates all love shouting obscenities at each other - usually involving homosexual remarks and something to do with mothers and teabagging. Nice.

With friends and a couple of beers thats a normal night out so enjoying it while killing someone in a game many times sounds perfect for me :lol:

Mattys on my wavelength :lol:

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Well, I plan on getting Halo 3, Fifa 08, Assassins Creed, when it comes out and of course, Fable 2.

Does anyone know if Assassins creed will have any Xbox live gameplay attached to it?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Arseface;130446 said:
Well, I plan on getting Halo 3, Fifa 08, Assassins Creed, when it comes out and of course, Fable 2.

Does anyone know if Assassins creed will have any Xbox live gameplay attached to it?

Well as Assassins Creed is part of a trilogy like Mass Effect im pretty sure it will have.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;130447 said:
Well as Assassins Creed is part of a trilogy like Mass Effect im pretty sure it will have.

Sorry, I don't see the connection...:unsure:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Arseface;130448 said:
Sorry, I don't see the connection...:unsure:

Well Mass Effect is going to have at least 3 titles and so is Assassins Creed and both will fill the gaps between each with downloadable content. However Bioware have said its definite for Mass Effect but Ubisoft havent said anything but we all know it will come.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;130449 said:
Well Mass Effect is going to have at least 3 titles and so is Assassins Creed and both will fill the gaps between each with downloadable content. However Bioware have said its definite for Mass Effect but Ubisoft havent said anything but we all know it will come.

I spose... But I meant more like going online with co-op assassinations or something:unsure:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Arseface;130450 said:
I spose... But I meant more like going online with co-op assassinations or something:unsure:

I assume much like Mass Effect, Assassins Creed will focus on single player only.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Oh well. Wont stop me buying it:D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Arseface;130453 said:
Oh well. Wont stop me buying it:D

Wont stop most people buying it as they will both be amazing games.