• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox Modding

H

Hexadecimal

Re: Xbox Modding

I wouldn't do it... far easier to mod for PC and modding your XBox can get you banned from Live =]

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;135616 said:
I wouldn't do it... far easier to mod for PC and modding your XBox can get you banned from Live =]

Not really.

Prince Grim said:
How Can I Mod On An Xbox?

It depends on what type of modding you're talking about, and which Xbox you're talking about. Do you mean modding them for pirated games, or modding them for like improvements and stuff (i.e. turning your 360/Xbox into a laptop, modding it for other console controllers to work on it, or modding it for further customization of appearance.) ?

And if it's for pirated games, then i wouldn't recommend it. Unless you have a second copy of a 360/Xbox on hand, then it isn't worth it.

P

Prince Grim

Hexadecimal;135616 said:

i dont have xbox live ;)

Gikoku;135619 said:
Not really.

It depends on what type of modding you're talking about, and which Xbox you're talking about. Do you mean modding them for pirated games, or modding them for like improvements and stuff (i.e. turning your 360/Xbox into a laptop, modding it for other console controllers to work on it, or modding it for further customization of appearance.) ?

And if it's for pirated games, then i wouldn't recommend it. Unless you have a second copy of a 360/Xbox on hand, then it isn't worth it.

like modding fable :p normal xbox not 350 and for the stuff u mod it for on pc like btr weps and faster xp and armor and all tht

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Prince Grim;135620 said:
i dont have xbox live ;)

like modding fable :p normal xbox not 350 and for the stuff u mod it for on pc like btr weps and faster xp and armor and all tht

Oh, in that case. You'd have to mod/hack the files on the Fable game disc, as it's the only way. Modding the Xbox won't do anything for it. But unfortunately, the files on the Xbox CD's are in a different format, thus making them unreadable on any PC.

However, others have found ways to get ahold of Xbox game disc files, by FTP stuff, i dunno about all that techy hooha though.

You can have a go at it if you really want to, i think it was some place called After Dawn or something. That's all i know.

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

Gikoku;135628 said:
Oh, in that case. You'd have to mod/hack the files on the Fable game disc, as it's the only way. Modding the Xbox won't do anything for it. But unfortunately, the files on the Xbox CD's are in a different format, thus making them unreadable on any PC.

However, others have found ways to get ahold of Xbox game disc files, by FTP stuff, i dunno about all that techy hooha though.

You can have a go at it if you really want to, i think it was some place called After Dawn or something. That's all i know.

Once you modify the console itself. It acts as a PC for all intents and purposes. From there you can just grab the files off the xbox DVD and transfer them to the xbox harddrive or to a PC.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Keshire;135648 said:
Once you modify the console itself. It acts as a PC for all intents and purposes. From there you can just grab the files off the xbox DVD and transfer them to the xbox harddrive or to a PC.

Oh okay, didn't know that. I only knew people could just modify the original Xbox to put whatever on the hard drive (i.e. Pictures, videos, music, etc), and for pirated games and stuff.

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

Gikoku;135650 said:
Oh okay, didn't know that. I only knew people could just modify the original Xbox to put whatever on the hard drive (i.e. Pictures, videos, music, etc), and for pirated games and stuff.

It's more than that. The homebrew scene is pretty big. I use my xbox exclusively as a media center. I put a 360 gig drive in and store all my movies and tv shows there.

You should look into Xbox Media Center.

XBMC - Xbox Media Center

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;135821 said:
yeah it can actually :unsure:

It depends on what type of mod it is. Modifying the motherboard and DVD Drive, will get you banned. But other mods, like turning the 360 or whatever into a laptop, or making it compatible with other console controllers, etc, won't get you banned.

Keshire;135819 said:
It's more than that. The homebrew scene is pretty big. I use my xbox exclusively as a media center. I put a 360 gig drive in and store all my movies and tv shows there.

You should look into Xbox Media Center.

XBMC - Xbox Media Center

I remember reading about XBMC on another forum, seemed pretty complicated at first, but i'll probably check it out again later, seems pretty cool.

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

Gikoku;135843 said:
seemed pretty complicated at first

Thats because of how much customization it supports. But it's usable right out of the box. Just drop a shortcut to it on the C:/ partition and your good to go with nice defaults.