• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox One to allow self publishing and no RAM limit

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
microsoft-xbox-one-4842_610x407.jpg
Seems Microsoft have backtracked on another policy and have announced that the Xbox One will now allow self publishing and every Xbox One can be used to develop games on. Along with the policy change, they are also going to revise their lengthy certification process for such games. Their aim is for certification to take no more than 14 days for approval. They also recently scrapped the costly game update charges.
Not only have they backtracked on the self publishing policy but they have also announced that the indie developers will not have a RAM limit they can use.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I still can't believe they ever thought any of this was a good idea. Putting their other more obvious controversial decisions aside, ostracising indie developers is such a lousy thing to do. Glad they did a u-turn on all this.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Ahahahaha oh Microsoft. You guys crack me up.

At least this kind of policy backflipping shows that they actually care about what their customers want. I just find it funny that they would even think it's a good idea to introduce all of these ridiculous policies in the first place.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I can see why they would want to regulate content on the marketplace as lots of markets with it end up saturated with crap and hard to find the good games/apps in the mountains of terrible ones.