• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

YAY FOR NINTENDO

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: YAY FOR NINTENDO

Appealed to the largest market, at the end of the day however which console has had the largest games sales and also which consoles will still be around at the end of next year? The Wii sales have been very impressive & even i was surprised it sold so well with hardly any titles id get one for at all. However its appealed to people who wouldnt usually play games with Wii Fit and Wii Sports and was a genius move. The Wii will be long in its grave while sales of the other consoles continue though. Also i think Nintendo have now peaked with it as theres nothing more they can do to compete.

L

laharl

nintendo is the father of gaming, and that kid who made pong

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

laharl;253162 said:
nintendo is the father of gaming, and that kid who made pong

:)

Nintendo pwns, DD. You cannot hide from the truth ^_^

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

somedude21;253169 said:

I like Nintendo dont get me wrong but i will never buy a Wii and i didnt buy the Gamecube. Last console i liked of theres was the N64. Biggest attraction to me is games as they are games consoles and the reason i prefer 360 over all current ones. As the Gamecube didnt have 1 game i was interested in and the Wii currently doesnt either. I will only play on a Wii when very drunk with friends and thats what they are ideal for family and friend interaction. Only the truth if they appeal to you and they havent to me with last 2 consoles.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

The Wii is a great all-around party system. They have the funnest social games I have ever played. And don't say something sucks just because that is your opinion of it. I hate the PS3, but it is very good system.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

shampoomuffin;253270 said:
that because casual gamers think wii is the best but their retarted, look at this video soon these kids will never play there wii and it will be used as a doorstop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n41c...mas-and-flip-their-frigging-lids-116081.phtml

But in teh video the kid loved teh Wii :lol:

Dark Drakan;253185 said:
I like Nintendo dont get me wrong but i will never buy a Wii and i didnt buy the Gamecube. Last console i liked of theres was the N64. Biggest attraction to me is games as they are games consoles and the reason i prefer 360 over all current ones. As the Gamecube didnt have 1 game i was interested in and the Wii currently doesnt either. I will only play on a Wii when very drunk with friends and thats what they are ideal for family and friend interaction. Only the truth if they appeal to you and they havent to me with last 2 consoles.

Because of Rare right? Rare was big in the 90's with the N64

S

shampoomuffin

^^
but i was trying to show that casual gamers think the wii is the best thing ever, clearly those people have never had another gaming console, maybe one of them had a gameboy or ds but thats about it, those people will start really liking the wii, then they will play it only so that they dont betray the system, and then they will play once in a while, and then they will stop

btw i have a wii, and its mostly a dust collector

Kewl Munky

Reaction score

I own a wii and went from playing it daily to playing it once in a blue moon. It's mostly something to play with friends. The sports games for it are the best games, but those aren't fun alone.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

The Wii is made for everyone.

360 and PS3, not so much.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

somedude21;253308 said:
But in teh video the kid loved teh Wii :lol:

Because of Rare right? Rare was big in the 90's with the N64

Rare were a reason for it as they had some excellent titles on the N64. However there were more great games on the N64 than games made by rare and i wasnt a Zelda or Mario fan either. So them still living on the Mario franchise & squeezing everything they can from it does nothing for me as only Mario game i liked was Mario Kart. Just like the Sonic series with Sega as i never liked that either.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

The only fathers of the video game industry are the two dudes that made Pong and some battleship game, then followed by Atari.

It was obvious that Wii would win this little "war" for 2008, as it did in 2007, and likely will again in 2009. However, majority of it's games are complete shovelware that would make your grandmother & 3 year old child go gaga over. As was to be expected, now that Nintendo know where all the money is.. don't expect them to let it up anytime soon, more shovelware of junk will keep pouring in, with fewer excellent titles to pop-up through the piles each year.

I wanted a Wii last year, but the only games that interested me were SMG & SSB. Brawl, that's it.. in the end i couldn't get it anyway, as it was sold out. And now that 2008 is over, I'm glad I didn't get to buy it, seeing as SSBB & SMG would have remained the only two games that I'd have for it. All my other friends who own a Wii, have gotten bored to death with it.. and either threw it out, gave it away, or sold it for a 360/PS3.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

What about Mario Kart? That's a pretty fun game.

L

laharl

somedude21;253169 said:

they made the ds, u cant argue with that

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

laharl;253471 said:
they made the ds, u cant argue with that

Havent bothered with a handheld since the Gameboy Colour.

L

laharl

u should get a ds, its my fav system, next to the 360

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

laharl;253545 said:
u should get a ds, its my fav system, next to the 360

I have no interest in handhelds these days at all and no games that id buy for them.